Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
you know... since we might have people coming from different states, why not make this trip a little more adventurous and camp up there? with all the trucks that could be going, that'd be a chill ass time. traditional big ass bonfire and some smores haha
camping is always the plan when i set up a trip.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM

whokrz, thanks for the info. I will use it in the future.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it doesnt look to bad? may just be the pictures but i think i could make it up that rock section? just crawl and have a good spotter and my open diff standard cab should be alright, if not get out the knife and make a trail around it lol. looks so fun
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
or have someone thats locked yank you up haha
Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM

the scariest picture is that last one haha. but even then, I believe a stock truck could make it, if careful.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 PM

so keith, we should definitely come prepared to camp then?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camp

I am definantley camping if I make it up there. I am like 99.99% positive that I'll be there. Just hope I don't get hit by another Asian lady like last time... Knock on wood.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM

just to jump in for Fairy here. the trip will be an over night trip. I think part of the reason he wants to go up early is to find a good camp spot as well as knowing if a stocker can make it. I do not see any place where I feel I could not go from the images I have seen. not sure where the trail comes out but if we have to drive out the same way we drive in anyone that gets bogged down or chickens out could hope in another rig. plenty of recovery gear going so no worries.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ill be coming prepared for sure. shotgun, pistol, ammo.... done!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 PM

^^same here ill bring the shotgun and some clay pigeons and have some more fun!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by highonpottery
let me know when you do this. i might wanna tag along for the pre-run. that way we can figure out exactly what/where the difficult stuff is at, potential rest/camp areas, side/nearby trails, etc etc. maybe i'll even sneak out the 100 since it's open/open - that should give a good idea for non-lockered folk although it does have 33s. i'm just worried if the trail gets too tight like you mentioned - you shoulda seen my face when i went through the bear valley loop last summer and pinstriped the crap out of the rig with all the overgrown manzanita out there. oh well, guess it shows that i actually use it for something besides going to the mall, i just don't wanna be sandwiched between some trees.
Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
it would be cool to bring the 100, but i would advise aganst it. the trail is really that tight and narrow. you will notice, other than us the only other people out there will be on bikes and quads.

on the pre run, Im going to try to not use my arb in the rear and only have one front hub locked to simulate open diffs. as close as possible. there are some ground clearance issue but most are vary minor for a stock yota. I have only seen one obstical that shows any real challenge and i have posted pics of that. I still believe that a stock yota can make it with good spotting and maybe a strap.

man , im interested in the pre run also as soon as you guys know when you are going out there post up. i wouldnt mind going ..if its on saturday or sunday , i could most likely make it ..
Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stockwell45
^^same here ill bring the shotgun and some clay pigeons and have some more fun!

awesome. i think i have a box of clays too. ill have my new pistol by then. 1911 .45
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
the scariest picture is that last one haha. but even then, I believe a stock truck could make it, if careful.
There's nothing on this trail a stock truck/4runner couldn't do
Old 01-14-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
There's nothing on this trail a stock truck/4runner couldn't do
even if you get stuck... theres gonna be tons of us there, so its not like it'll be stressful unless you're irresponsible and damage your truck. If you cant do it, someone will be able to pull you up.

I'm planning to be locked, geared, and armored by the time I go. I'll be on 33s with stock lift
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Wow, looks like everyone was busy posting today. looks like I have some questions to answer.

First off as i have said before. I have not seen any obstacle on the trail that a stock yota could not do. I have not finished the trail but all the info I have gotten say's the stock rigs are good to go.

Camping is an affirmative, come prepared to camp. When i go out wheeling, I always plan to camp. Camping is the best way to finish and day of wheeling. I also dont like to feel like im in a rush, so i plan to camp. there are some great spots out there to camp at. John, good call, that is the point of doing the pre run. I want to see how long it takes to do the whole trail and find the best spot possible for camping.

The trail dose have an exit. ill put up a map and location after i make this post.

Ill let everyone know when the pre run will be. it will be on a weekend and as soon as im sure most of the snow is gone. Snow would cause issues for stock rig up there.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM

here is the link to were the trail exits.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...28195&t=h&z=15
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM

i sure hope you know what your doin lol. I tried tracking a trail across from where whokrs says we take off to where you said we come out and .... I got lost on a map lol. where do we cross the creek thats between point A and B? i might need a snorkel lol.
anyways get some detailed maps of the area so we do not make a wrong turn some where lol. some of that granite country looks sweet.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like this is going to be an awesome trip really hoping i can make it guys, i guess i have to add a tent to my list of things too lol, im at $500 for gas, $100 for food, maybe $260 plus for a aussie, and i still need to pay my insurance while i save haha. im really curious as to the topic of a stock yota making it? and even if i cant your right mak you can pull me up what i cant get through lol
Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by John101477
i sure hope you know what your doin lol. I tried tracking a trail across from where whokrs says we take off to where you said we come out and .... I got lost on a map lol. where do we cross the creek thats between point A and B? i might need a snorkel lol.
anyways get some detailed maps of the area so we do not make a wrong turn some where lol. some of that granite country looks sweet.
wow john your greedy, lol. I do not know what creek you are talking about, please show me.

as for a map, I will point out the whole trail hopfully on google earth with a tour. One way or another ill find the info you are asking for. The trail is vary easy to fallow when you are there. the trail is easy to lose on a map.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 AM

figured as much lol. I can usually follow a trail through on a map even if it is not a designated road or trail which this clearly is. I might have to take a look on trails.com

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal