Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal

http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/pardoe.php

The link above will give some info. on the trail its self.

I'm planing the trail either late May or early June. I have been only half way through the trail before. Most of the Trail is passable by a stock Yota, with two semi challenging obstacles with out a locker.

There are some vary great views to be had up there, Im not going with out a camera this time. That time of year the weather is great and should not be any dust.

So plan your MODS and don't miss this trip, lots of time.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Location and time

http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...squawridgeohv/
this is the first obstacle

this is the second obstacle

this is how far i have been so far, my bro chickened out right here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...10114&t=h&z=12

there are the directions to the meeting spot at Bear Rez.

If coming up Hwy 50 the last spot to gas up is Polllock Pines.

I hop to Meat up at Bear Rez. to head out to the trail by 9:00am.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 01-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good so far. late may/early june should be do-able. keep me informed as to dates and specifics. headed to yosemite area the 15th of this month for images. should be fun and slick as gorilla snot
Old 01-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by John101477
sounds good so far. late may/early june should be do-able. keep me informed as to dates and specifics. headed to yosemite area the 15th of this month for images. should be fun and slick as gorilla snot
cool get some nice pics of the snow. I need to head that way my self, Sheenha has been begging me to take her.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Depends on when it is exactly and whats going on with my training etc but looks like a pretty trail...not tryin to thread jack, but I'm also tryin to get a group of rigs together for a Rubicon run around the same time...maybe beginning to mid May though.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Depends on when it is exactly and whats going on with my training etc but looks like a pretty trail...not tryin to thread jack, but I'm also tryin to get a group of rigs together for a Rubicon run around the same time...maybe beginning to mid May though.
I was going to send you an invite but you got to it before i could, lol.

I would love to do the CON but im sure I wont have my duel case in by then. I also need to get my armor, we will see though. I could always spot and film.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM

hell I have been all over this country this year. seen a lot of snow and trucked through it fairly well. have only used my winch rope once and that was to move a log (3ft tallx40ft) out of my way. took another trip over the peligreen 2 weeks ago. it was cool until I found a locked gate at 9:30 pm after crossing the hardest area. remember the first creek we came to? I did the trail in reverse and the gate was at that creek. look me near 4 hours to back track my butt out of there.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:07 PM

hell I have been all over this country this year. seen a lot of snow and trucked through it fairly well. have only used my winch rope once and that was to move a log (3ft tallx40ft) out of my way. took another trip over the peligreen 2 weeks ago. it was cool until I found a locked gate at 9:30 pm after crossing the hardest area. remember the first creek we came to? I did the trail in reverse and the gate was at that creek. look me near 4 hours to back track my butt out of there.
nice, i would like to go there again
Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 PM

have only used my winch rope once and that was to move a log (3ft tallx40ft) out of my way.
How ya liking that smitty built john?? Im gonna get one soon i think
Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM

but I'm also tryin to get a group of rigs together for a Rubicon run around the same time...maybe beginning to mid May though.
Thats where i wanna go!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
I was going to send you an invite but you got to it before i could, lol.

I would love to do the CON but im sure I wont have my duel case in by then. I also need to get my armor, we will see though. I could always spot and film.
If ya need any help, I could most likely lend you a hand, it really isn't that hard to put them together, you just need a tranny jack to throw 'em up there

Originally Posted by 904_runner
Thats where i wanna go!
You should come! I'll make a trip planning section as soon as I figure out dates etc...I'd probably do it in a 2.5 day trip like leave friday afternoon come home sunday.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM

I have no idea what my schedule is that far in advance..

I would like to go out there though.. we went for MCR last year and it was awesome, wish i had brought my truck.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
that's pretty far in advance, but i'm down anyways. it's my goal to get out camping and wheeling at least once a month once the weather is nice this year, so let's do it! my truck should be well equipped by then, too. First, I gotta figure out why my engine hates me so bad right now. anyways, i might also be able to round up some other yotas out there and possibly a k5 if we'll let him in on a YT run.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Mike I bought the rope line seperate and for the most part I like the winch I wish it was a little looser in free spool. it is a PITA to roll out the line. I took it apart yesterday to see if it was needing grease or what but it seemed in good order. probably gonna have to call the guys at PL and see what the deal is.
Fairy it is pretty nice up there right now. no dust or anything... If I go through again before summer I want to try to make it through to cohassett. not sure where the snow line is right now though. My dad said after last year it was near undrivable so i am trying to figure where the rough spot is.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Brian - I am not opposed to wheelin with other makes. IMO unless it is a meet up style trip all are welcome and even then it is hard to segregate.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 PM

If ya need any help, I could most likely lend you a hand, it really isn't that hard to put them together, you just need a tranny jack to throw 'em up there
the case is already put together, i just need to get the shifters and install it then get my drive shafts done. Im also planing on a three inch drive train lift to match my body lift.

Originally Posted by highonpottery
that's pretty far in advance, but i'm down anyways. it's my goal to get out camping and wheeling at least once a month once the weather is nice this year, so let's do it! my truck should be well equipped by then, too. First, I gotta figure out why my engine hates me so bad right now. anyways, i might also be able to round up some other yotas out there and possibly a k5 if we'll let him in on a YT run.
Well Brian, if you want some company camping, Im game just send me a pm. Also the k5 blazer my be to big. The trail is vary narrow at points and even I had to work at squeezing between trees. Narrow my not describe it well enough, it is just tight. Brian if you need any help with that engine send me a pm. ive been getting real handy with them 22re's, I almost feel like an expert know.

Fairy it is pretty nice up there right now. no dust or anything... If I go through again before summer I want to try to make it through to cohassett. not sure where the snow line is right now though. My dad said after last year it was near undrivable so i am trying to figure where the rough spot is.
well let me know if you plan to do it again, im sure brian would be game too.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
hmmm...too tight for a k5?....oh well, yotas only if its that tight, i dunno about taking out the hundy as a 2nd rig - gotta get that one paid off first!

fairy - engine hasn't really been giving me "problems", it just has a few issues that need some attention before i take my truck out. i haven't been driving the truck much at all and did the t-chain about a month ago (i think it was the donuts in the mud at rattlesnake bar that finally broke the guides off). drove it for like the first time the other day and noticed some new sounds that worried me. could be nothing...just gotta check it out. i dunno, i guess i just don't feel confident in MY engine work even though she starts up and seems to run just fine. maybe it'll be sooner than later that i build up a 22re in the garage to swap in.

anyone know when the rest of the trails up 80/50 start being accessible? i'm pretty sure everything's got lots of snow right now, but i kinda wanna hit some trails with less or partial snow if possible, but i'm fairly certain the forestry guys would say otherwise. also, anyone know when rattlesnake bar is gonna open back up? my buddy wants to get back out there and hit up that sweet hill climb when it's wet. wish i knew about that place a couple years ago when i first moved to the area, we could have had so much fun...now it's time to make up for it now that i can semi-afford to break stuff.

and if anyone is hitting up any trails between now and the Squaw run, let us know, even if they're last minute or just day trips!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by highonpottery
hmmm...too tight for a k5?....oh well, yotas only if its that tight, i dunno about taking out the hundy as a 2nd rig - gotta get that one paid off first!

fairy - engine hasn't really been giving me "problems", it just has a few issues that need some attention before i take my truck out. i haven't been driving the truck much at all and did the t-chain about a month ago (i think it was the donuts in the mud at rattlesnake bar that finally broke the guides off). drove it for like the first time the other day and noticed some new sounds that worried me. could be nothing...just gotta check it out. i dunno, i guess i just don't feel confident in MY engine work even though she starts up and seems to run just fine. maybe it'll be sooner than later that i build up a 22re in the garage to swap in.

anyone know when the rest of the trails up 80/50 start being accessible? i'm pretty sure everything's got lots of snow right now, but i kinda wanna hit some trails with less or partial snow if possible, but i'm fairly certain the forestry guys would say otherwise. also, anyone know when rattlesnake bar is gonna open back up? my buddy wants to get back out there and hit up that sweet hill climb when it's wet. wish i knew about that place a couple years ago when i first moved to the area, we could have had so much fun...now it's time to make up for it now that i can semi-afford to break stuff.

and if anyone is hitting up any trails between now and the Squaw run, let us know, even if they're last minute or just day trips!
I am tempted and I am contemplating fix the issue with rattlesnakebar. So ill let you know when it is open. lol
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 PM

hell I thought i posted this but I guess not. called my parts house about the stiff free spool on my winch. they in turn had me call smitty direct, here is why. I told the guy that my freespool was really stiff 300lbs on it and I can barely budge the thing. also told him the every once in a while it seems that the remote gets back wards (in is out, out is in). His answer - whats your address? and whats the ID number on the winch. all new gears and a new remote are on the way. No hassle about warrantee, no it could be user error, and no "you need it professionally installed". just a great ok parts are on the way.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:33 AM

hell I thought i posted this but I guess not. called my parts house about the stiff free spool on my winch. they in turn had me call smitty direct, here is why. I told the guy that my freespool was really stiff 300lbs on it and I can barely budge the thing. also told him the every once in a while it seems that the remote gets back wards (in is out, out is in). His answer - whats your address? and whats the ID number on the winch. all new gears and a new remote are on the way. No hassle about warrantee, no it could be user error, and no "you need it professionally installed". just a great ok parts are on the way.
that is awesome, just another reason to buy a Smitty Built.

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal