Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I believe I will be attending... I should be locked, geared and winched up by june as well, so i'll definitely be ready.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My trim is a little dinged up from god knows what but the glass was replaced right before I got it (broke 2 months later) but under the trim is still good. I did not have my rust issues in the same locations as yours. mine is along the rear fender where they put that ugly chrome trim. trim is gone now but the rust aint. gonna cut those out anyways to make room for bigger tires
Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey i wonder if i can make it haha i live hella far but i wouldn't mind some awesome wheeling with some YT guys/girls. who thinks i should come haha?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 PM

get down here itll be worth it!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 AM

helluva a drive for you. but go for it? you'll be outta school by then too.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'll bet you wont do it!!! hahah
c'mon man it would be a badass time. you can stay in my extra bedroom
Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
Dark/John/Early year truck/runners...

What condition is your front window trim in? Is it the stock metal trim or have you guys switched? I had a few rust spots and popped my window trim and it was packed with dirt. Looking for some alternatives that might seal up better and was wondering what you guys have. I think the toyota trim is a few hundred dollars. Don't want this 4runner rusting away on me.

Wow I dont have any rust. I dont have any trim either around the windshield. Never had trim of any kind sense I bought it. Its hard to see in that pic. but i dont have a better one at the moment. I would just clean the dirt out deal with any surface rust. leave it with out trip, looks fine to me.
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
hey i wonder if i can make it haha i live hella far but i wouldn't mind some awesome wheeling with some YT guys/girls. who thinks i should come haha?
Well that is some drive and you would not be the only one wanting to do it. VANCE164 wants to make if from Washington. If you really really want to come you may try to hook up with him on the way south. plus 91_TOYOTA_4X4 you will love the cali weather. DONT BRING POT, YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. then you would never be able to come south to do the CON.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 01-13-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 AM

hahaha well it looks like i have to get some money together and maybe a aussie locker do you think i could make it through the trail with a stock yota, 31" muds, and a rear aussie?

lol every time im down i cali its supper nice i love it there. Yeah i wont bring any pot lol. its not that bad of a drive realy, longest i have driving strait before is 8 hours and its should take me 14hrs of strait driving. if i can get my buddy to come then he can drive the other half and we can drive non stop woo hoo. hope i can get some money together

Last edited by 91_TOYOTA_4x4; 01-13-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 PM

just bring your passport, and clean out your bed box, put all your in there. maybe we can fix the hole in your floorboard for s sake... lmfao
Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
hahaha well it looks like i have to get some money together and maybe a aussie locker do you think i could make it through the trail with a stock yota, 31" muds, and a rear aussie?

lol every time im down i cali its supper nice i love it there. Yeah i wont bring any pot lol. its not that bad of a drive realy, longest i have driving strait before is 8 hours and its should take me 14hrs of strait driving. if i can get my buddy to come then he can drive the other half and we can drive non stop woo hoo. hope i can get some money together
i would think a stock yota can make it. I am going to go out there and finish the tail. last time i was out there i did not have the chance to finish. I want to document the trip so i can prove a stock yota can make it.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Keith, My brother also wants to come and be a "designated photographer" so we'll have tons of pictures and videos of everything... sound good?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM

yeah I think everyone brings a camera. I have a heck of a setup but I am always driving so.... but I will have to stop time to time to get certain shots if i think they will sell.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by John101477
yeah I think everyone brings a camera. I have a heck of a setup but I am always driving so.... but I will have to stop time to time to get certain shots if i think they will sell.
well that is what CB's are for. I wont be in a hurry and i know everyone will be in awe of the pics to be had. Im sure we will be stopping alot along the way. I dont mind and im sure no one else will mind either, it not a race.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 PM

haha yeah mak who is gonna fix my floor boards? u haha . i now have a highlift jack, shovel, axe, 30' tow strap, and a cb radio that i cant get to work??? should be good to go

its going to be tuff for me to make it, it 1500 km's each way, about 3 tanks of gas each way, i need to pay my insurance at 175 a month and i want a aussie locker before i go down there. and im still looking for a job so prey for me lol i am going to try realy hard to make it guys
Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 PM

where the hell did you get all that s hit? haha
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 PM

christmas lol. its awesome but i still need a locker and money to make it to cali haha
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
i would think a stock yota can make it. I am going to go out there and finish the tail. last time i was out there i did not have the chance to finish. I want to document the trip so i can prove a stock yota can make it.
let me know when you do this. i might wanna tag along for the pre-run. that way we can figure out exactly what/where the difficult stuff is at, potential rest/camp areas, side/nearby trails, etc etc. maybe i'll even sneak out the 100 since it's open/open - that should give a good idea for non-lockered folk although it does have 33s. i'm just worried if the trail gets too tight like you mentioned - you shoulda seen my face when i went through the bear valley loop last summer and pinstriped the crap out of the rig with all the overgrown manzanita out there. oh well, guess it shows that i actually use it for something besides going to the mall, i just don't wanna be sandwiched between some trees.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by highonpottery
let me know when you do this. i might wanna tag along for the pre-run. that way we can figure out exactly what/where the difficult stuff is at, potential rest/camp areas, side/nearby trails, etc etc. maybe i'll even sneak out the 100 since it's open/open - that should give a good idea for non-lockered folk although it does have 33s. i'm just worried if the trail gets too tight like you mentioned - you shoulda seen my face when i went through the bear valley loop last summer and pinstriped the crap out of the rig with all the overgrown manzanita out there. oh well, guess it shows that i actually use it for something besides going to the mall, i just don't wanna be sandwiched between some trees.
it would be cool to bring the 100, but i would advise aganst it. the trail is really that tight and narrow. you will notice, other than us the only other people out there will be on bikes and quads.

on the pre run, Im going to try to not use my arb in the rear and only have one front hub locked to simulate open diffs. as close as possible. there are some ground clearance issue but most are vary minor for a stock yota. I have only seen one obstical that shows any real challenge and i have posted pics of that. I still believe that a stock yota can make it with good spotting and maybe a strap.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 01-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:01 AM

you know... since we might have people coming from different states, why not make this trip a little more adventurous and camp up there? with all the trucks that could be going, that'd be a chill ass time. traditional big ass bonfire and some smores haha
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM

I am the admin of gentryoffroad.com I have been adding information to the reviews and organizing the site. Unfortunately the information you are using in post #2 has been moved and links to the trail review and pictures are now dead.

The new links are as follows
Trail Review http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...etrail/whokrz/
1st picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
2nd picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
3rd picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
4th picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
5th picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
6th picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
7th picture http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...new_height=500
In the picture link you can adjust the picture size by changing "height=500" like if you want it larger you could make it "height=600"

When you are finished it should look as follows.
http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...etrail/whokrz/
this is the first obstacle

this is the second obstacle

this is how far i have been so far, my bro chickened out right here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...10114&t=h&z=12

there are the directions to the meeting spot at Bear Rez.

If coming up Hwy 50 the last spot to gas up is Polllock Pines.

I hop to Meat up at Bear Rez. to head out to the trail by 9:00am.

I am apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this will help you fix the dead links.
Please feel free to delete this post once you get it fixed and I hope you guys have a fun trip.

Lewis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoe trail/ NorCal