Arizona Arizona Chapter

I need some help, 4runners hurt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOAZtim
Here are some RPM numbers with 4.88's and 255-85-16 Cooper ST's
So you're driving down the road at 70, GPS in one hand and taking pictures with the other. That takes talent.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AZ4ME
So you're driving down the road at 70, GPS in one hand and taking pictures with the other. That takes talent.

I was wondering if someone noticed that. I was alone in the car so I had some knee steering going on......

Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 AM

The front is going to wheelers on Wednesday. They were super busy so I've been waiting for this appointment.
I wish Zuk would start doing those fronts. (come on Zuk, I know your reading this! )
Are you gonna have the diff back and installed for CK this weekend?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AZ4ME
Are you gonna have the diff back and installed for CK this weekend?
I may be but I hope it will be done. I spent last night installing some offroad lights I've had for a long time waiting to be put on and trying to see if the rooft top tent will work with my factory racks.
Now its up to 4wheelers tomorrow to see if they can fix it...
Old 03-25-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm flying solo all week (lotsa free time & nobody to answer to) so if you need a hand to get the truck ready lemme know.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 111db
I'm flying solo all week (lotsa free time & nobody to answer to) so if you need a hand to get the truck ready lemme know.
Right on!!! I hope its as easy as them re-setting it up, and me going to lake pleasent to camp and drink a few cold ones. I need that so bad.
Danica's car gave up the good fight today... No more brakes whatsoever...
All of these car problems are crazy. Its like I have my old Jeep Grand cherokee again with all of the visits to mechanics and hours under the truck.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:05 PM

I had that same problem with my JGC, until it got stolen...twice.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Zona4r
I had that same problem with my JGC, until it got stolen...twice.
Sounds like its almost a blessing.
Danica's car's brakes went out last night. It costs more to fix than the car is worth. DOH!! This is not a good month for cars and I!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM

What do you need to do to fix it?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM

I may be but I hope it will be done. I spent last night installing some offroad lights I've had for a long time waiting to be put on and trying to see if the rooft top tent will work with my factory racks.
Now its up to 4wheelers tomorrow to see if they can fix it...

Roof top tent???? Pics....... Are you going to have it for Friday night camping??

Was 4wheelers able to fix your problem??
Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Zona4r
What do you need to do to fix it?
The brakes went out totally. I know the left front needs a rotor and pads. SInce the whole system went out there must be a leak somewhere as well. They told me the master was not working supplying pressure. That kinda makes sense. It went from a grinding noise (assuming thats the worn out pad against the rotor) to just no stopping power at ALL.
On top of that she accidentilly drove the car with no oil in it...
The oil cap fell off and the oil bumbled and blew itself out as she drove. SO the result of that was a knock in the engine. Something is prett hurt in there.
Besides that the windows dont work... Thats all.

I'm thinking its time for a new used honda/toyota or something.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by wormhole
Roof top tent???? Pics....... Are you going to have it for Friday night camping??

Was 4wheelers able to fix your problem??
Its still down there at wheelers. I hope to be able to bring it. I purchased it before my rear diff went out. DOH!

Speaking of wheelers. I'll call and see if its almost done.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm thinking its time for a new used honda/toyota or something.
Huh??? Now why would you do that...

No brakes, engine knock and the windows don't roll down... sounds like it's just getting broken in.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Elvota
Huh??? Now why would you do that...

No brakes, engine knock and the windows don't roll down... sounds like it's just getting broken in.
AND it needs washer fluid!! That was the last straw. I'm NOT buying washer fluid! hahaah!

The best is going through a drive through and opening the door. I love the looks I'd get. One guy at a gas station said... That thing don't sound right. I told him it was a diesel. He shrugged and seemed to understand....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

AND THE PLOT THICKENS:
4wheelers said the airline hole was mounted int he wrong spot. (I knew this, it made the air line hose come right out toward the oil pan. I figured a 90 degree fixture would fix it) WHAT I DIDN'T know is that on the inside the copper line was in contact with the ring gear and it already wore a hole in the copper line. They are trying to figure out how to plug the old hole... Can't weld because its cast. Can't plug it because the ring is so close that it would hit most plugs....
What the heck. I have some bad luck. Anyone want me to give them lottery numbers? Its gotta turn sometime!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ok, JB weld will fix that hole. Sounds ghetto, but it will work.

As for the Camry... sounds like we need to slap some paddle tires on the front and take it to Glamis. Yeah baby.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 111db
Ok, JB weld will fix that hole. Sounds ghetto, but it will work.

As for the Camry... sounds like we need to slap some paddle tires on the front and take it to Glamis. Yeah baby.
I was thinking about taking it up to crown king if the 4runner is not working... Camry,,, roof top tent... why not?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

AND THE PLOT THICKENS:
4wheelers said the airline hole was mounted int he wrong spot. (I knew this, it made the air line hose come right out toward the oil pan. I figured a 90 degree fixture would fix it)

WHAT I DIDN'T know is that on the inside the copper line was in contact with the ring gear and it already wore a hole in the copper line. They are trying to figure out how to plug the old hole... Can't weld because its cast. Can't plug it because the ring is so close that it would hit most plugs....
Why not use a bolt from the outside? Like a button head or something? That way the head of the bolt would stop the plug from going in to far... and you wouldn't have the plug extending into the diff at all.

Does 4Wheelers have an extra copper line and collar for you? What's the time frame on repair?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Elvota

Why not use a bolt from the outside? Like a button head or something? That way the head of the bolt would stop the plug from going in to far... and you wouldn't have the plug extending into the diff at all.

Does 4Wheelers have an extra copper line and collar for you? What's the time frame on repair?
They actually said they'd have to order the copper line....
Tim at Racer just replied to me and said it was installed in the right area per the instructions... Yah right. The ring gear rubbing on the copper line is not correct per instructions....
Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

They actually said they'd have to order the copper line....
Tim at Racer just replied to me and said it was installed in the right area per the instructions... Yah right. The ring gear rubbing on the copper line is not correct per instructions....
Racer really should have been WAAAAAY more upfront with their experience dealing with Toyota 3rd's and ARB installs. I can only imagine your frustration at this point.

So... how does CK look then? I guess the 4Runner will be able to go, just no front lock?

I don't really see you needing a fully locked rig on this type of run anyway.

Quick Reply: I need some help, 4runners hurt.