Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners
Old 02-09-2016, 10:04 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

anyone have sound system in the 4runner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
4rx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLYTLYSCRAMBLED
Chea, I know... I already have all my co-workers not wanting to ride with me!!! LMAO!!! The tools are on the floorboard in back seat already!!! I want to put the port in back on the 4 15s box, but the port would be waaaay to close to the back and wouldn't let the air out (pretty much would be a very big sealed box).You need about a minimum of 4 inches. I just might have to make it a little smaller to go that route tho... It's gana be a tight squeeze!!
first of all, who the h*** is Chea? my name aint Chea. LOL it's little hard to read with blue fonts with black backgrounds. The 4 15's gonna tight fit. You might have to go with subs up and port up, eh. 10-15 square inches for port is rule of thumb per 1 cube. if you are building a 12cuft, 144ish square inches is the way to go.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toylocost
I think the $2 per foot stuff is 70mil.

And 300 degrees? What is that hot that your gonna have to put this stuff on?

My Toyota!!! I live in Texas!! LMAO!!! Nah, I was just quoting what the highest temp was for this product...
Old 02-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 4rx
first of all, who the h*** is Chea? my name aint Chea. LOL it's little hard to read with blue fonts with black backgrounds. The 4 15's gonna tight fit. You might have to go with subs up and port up, eh. 10-15 square inches for port is rule of thumb per 1 cube. if you are building a 12cuft, 144ish square inches is the way to go.
LMAO!!! Oh Chea? You should hear people at drive thrus when I say that!!! Funnie S***!!! I might have to make my box taller and try to get the port on the bottom in back of box, but IDK yet... Hopefully, I will get to start working on box this weekend!! Oh, and I would use black color font, but then yall wouldnt be able to read it unless you run da cursor over words And red makes it look like its jumping off of the page... I guess I can stick with gray...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4rx
Well just in case, "chea" isn't a person. It's "yeah" with a ch.

When I read it I always imagine the sea turtle from the EAC in the movie "Finding Nemo" talking. lol

Chea dude!

LMAO!!! Oh Chea? You should hear people at drive thrus when I say that!!! Funnie S***!!! I might have to make my box taller and try to get the port on the bottom in back of box, but IDK yet... Hopefully, I will get to start working on box this weekend!! Oh, and I would use black color font, but then yall wouldnt be able to read it unless you run da cursor over words And red makes it look like its jumping off of the page... I guess I can stick with gray...
I got an idea, how bout you just stick with stock color? IMO thats the easiest on the eyes.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 AM
4rx

When I read it I always imagine the sea turtle from the EAC in the movie "Finding Nemo" talking. lol

Chea dude!

I got an idea, how bout you just stick with stock color? IMO thats the easiest on the eyes.
ohh i got it. chea, ya, yea, yeah same thing. what was i thinking? lol that makes sense now.

Chea! thats much better! thanks. have fun building a new box. post some pics when you're done.

Last edited by 4rx; 02-27-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm surprised no ones stolen or attempted to steal that, I mean even an idiot could steal that, no tools needed.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:05 AM

I personally have outgrown the systems in the vehicles had a four thousand dollar systems stolen out of my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and would never do it again although they are nice I lost too much money on them
Very nice systems though just make sure you have a damn good insurance policy!
They stole the whole car and stripped it down to nothing
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM

Chea dude!

But then I would be like every1 else... I like to be at least a lil different...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 4rx
ohh i got it. chea, ya, yea, yeah same thing. what was i thinking? lol that makes sense now.

Chea! thats much better! thanks. have fun building a new box. post some pics when you're done.
Chea!!! LMAO!!! I didn't know you were from Canada... Should I have said "Chea, EH" LMAO!!! Sorry I just couldn't resist! I will post pics as soon as I start... Ran Into a lil trouble tonite and mite have to make a run to my home town this weekend.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mic09dcsm
I'm surprised no ones stolen or attempted to steal that, I mean even an idiot could steal that, no tools needed.

They would have to be idiots to try to steal my stuff out of my Toyota. I live in a gated college community and pd (who know me and have my personal number) always drive thru apt complex 24/7, and to top it off, I live in the back (farthest away from the entrance where pd usually sit to take a break)!! Also, they would need tools to unbolt it from the suv. If they do get into the suv, my alarm would go off as soon as the window was broken or door was open.... gotta love sensitive alarms(except when it thunders!!)Oh, did I mention that I have a pager on my alarm also? And I feel ya about stolen equiptment... I had at least 2500 worth of subs and amps stolen from my eclipse before.... I also heard if you don't grow up by the time you are 30, then you don't have to!!! So, I guess I'm in the clear...

Last edited by SLYTLYSCRAMBLED; 02-27-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Contributing Member

I'm running in my '97:
- Alpine 9887 HU
- Morel Dotech Ovation in the front doors
- Morel Integra Ovation in the rear doors

It sounds pretty good. I'm thinking about adding a nice amp in the near future.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 914runner
I'm running in my '97:
- Alpine 9887 HU
- Morel Dotech Ovation in the front doors
- Morel Integra Ovation in the rear doors

It sounds pretty good. I'm thinking about adding a nice amp in the near future.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Exclamation

Hey, does anybody know if 2" of space between box and hatch is enough for the port to breathe?? I wanted to work on box this weekend, but I kept changing the measurements around... I really want port to be facing back and subs up...
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Probly be better to have more space but its not going to hurt anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Bringing it back to the old school

Sounds like I'm the small guy here:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 with IMPRINT 500 band MultEQ system installed.
Front Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Punch Series 6 3/4" 4 Tweeter component system
Rear Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Power Series 5 1/4" 2 ways
Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate Power Series 400-4 channel amp pushing 71 watts to each driver.
Custom fitted sub box fitted with 2 Rockford Punch Series P2 10's
Sub Amp: Rockford P550 Bridged mono, runs around 250 to each sub at low impedance.
Wiring Kit: Rockford 4AWG kit routed through a 1/2 Farad Rockford Cap for door speakers and a 5 Farad Rockford Digital output Cap for the subs.

I know it doesn't bump like the guys pushing 15'' subs. I am more of the old school motor first good sound later type of guy. I would HIGHLY recommend Apline's 9887 with the IMPRINT system. Install the cd program to your PC and connect it via the supplied cord to your head unit by removing the faceplate. The program asks you to place the provided microphone in several seating positions and fires tones all the way through the frequency range to measure the time it takes for each tone to reach the "sweet spot", in my case the drivers seat. The system also employs Alpines MultEQ system that stabilizes the frequency on 500 different bands, compared to the popular 7 or 9 band EQ's. The difference is amazing, and having the Rockford SCREAMERS enables me to BLAST the tunes how they are meant to be heard. I have a full drum kit in my truck now, and all the bump I could ever want.
!!KEEP IN MIND!! The imprint system equalizes the frequencies for what is dubbed as optimal listening performance, so those of you who like your bump more than your tunes disconnect your subs for the installation and firing process so that you keep your desired subwoofer output, I learned this lesson the hard way and had to completely re-install the system without the subs hooked up (it's easiest to disconnect your AV's from the headunit, avoid disconnecting front the amp because the system with read that there are subs in the system).

The Photo's are when the system was installed in my other truck. I'm running a White 97 4Runner now with tan leather interior so I had to re-cover the box. Eventually everything will be blacked out so it'll be carpeted again.
Attached Thumbnails anyone have sound system in the 4runner?-25739930077_medium.jpg   anyone have sound system in the 4runner?-25739930081_medium.jpg   anyone have sound system in the 4runner?-25739930062_medium.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Unzie22
Sounds like I'm the small guy here:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 with IMPRINT 500 band MultEQ system installed.
Front Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Punch Series 6 3/4" 4 Tweeter component system
Rear Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Power Series 5 1/4" 2 ways
Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate Power Series 400-4 channel amp pushing 71 watts to each driver.
Custom fitted sub box fitted with 2 Rockford Punch Series P2 10's
Sub Amp: Rockford P550 Bridged mono, runs around 250 to each sub at low impedance.
Wiring Kit: Rockford 4AWG kit routed through a 1/2 Farad Rockford Cap for door speakers and a 5 Farad Rockford Digital output Cap for the subs.

I know it doesn't bump like the guys pushing 15'' subs. I am more of the old school motor first good sound later type of guy. I would HIGHLY recommend Apline's 9887 with the IMPRINT system. Install the cd program to your PC and connect it via the supplied cord to your head unit by removing the faceplate. The program asks you to place the provided microphone in several seating positions and fires tones all the way through the frequency range to measure the time it takes for each tone to reach the "sweet spot", in my case the drivers seat. The system also employs Alpines MultEQ system that stabilizes the frequency on 500 different bands, compared to the popular 7 or 9 band EQ's. The difference is amazing, and having the Rockford SCREAMERS enables me to BLAST the tunes how they are meant to be heard. I have a full drum kit in my truck now, and all the bump I could ever want.
!!KEEP IN MIND!! The imprint system equalizes the frequencies for what is dubbed as optimal listening performance, so those of you who like your bump more than your tunes disconnect your subs for the installation and firing process so that you keep your desired subwoofer output, I learned this lesson the hard way and had to completely re-install the system without the subs hooked up (it's easiest to disconnect your AV's from the headunit, avoid disconnecting front the amp because the system with read that there are subs in the system).

The Photo's are when the system was installed in my other truck. I'm running a White 97 4Runner now with tan leather interior so I had to re-cover the box. Eventually everything will be blacked out so it'll be carpeted again.
Nice seup dude. You are by no means the small guy. Id way rather have that than my crappy 15s. I don't think I'll ever buy anything over 12 again unless I do something like a camper van or a bus. lol
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Nice seup dude. You are by no means the small guy. Id way rather have that than my crappy 15s. I don't think I'll ever buy anything over 12 again unless I do something like a camper van or a bus. lol
Awwwww, c'mone Toylocost!!! 15s aren"t bad... You just don't have room for anything else!! Sometimes that's a good thing, especially when someone wants you to help them move. "Well i would but I just don't have any room because of my subs. Sorry dude."
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Probly be better to have more space but its not going to hurt anything.

Chea, I guess I'm ganna have to do sub up and port up... Oh well. Ya can't have your cake and eat it too...
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Alittle to much junk in the back for a good look but this is mine. 2x 10" subs, 1000 watt diesel amp and a 4x70 panasonic deck. Notice the toyota emblem.
Name:  speakers.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Yes, that was my biggest worry about building a box was to keep my cargo area at least semi-usable. I have move 3 times with my sub box installed and there is still plenty of space back there, considering it's an SUV without a legitimate bed. The set-up now is wired for a quick disconnect when I am in serious need of some extra storage space and I am installing remote (you have to take 8 bolts out to remove each sub, 16 total) anchor bolts for off-road and high-speed shenanigans.

Quick Reply: anyone have sound system in the 4runner?