RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
THat engines looking great .....
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by olharleyman
Just got an update from UPS (I hate getting anything shipped by these guy's they just take so long and are more expensive then the post office) so my MC Clutch kit will be here tomorrow from Kentucky 3 day's crazy and my new motor mounts Thursday from South Carolina again 3 day's and I can drive there in 8-10 hours depending on the traffic. Anyway sorry about the rant , but then I can get back to doing and have this thing ready to drop in the truck and maybe just maybe start driving it this week OH YA BABY!
oh I don't want to hear CRAP about shipping delays...

looking really good man; looks like we'll finish at about the same time
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
oh I don't want to hear CRAP about shipping delays...

looking really good man; looks like we'll finish at about the same time
Yea I bet you don't I feel bad for you you should have been done a week and a half ago lol
Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RMA
THat engines looking great .....
Thanks I was really starting to second guess myself but I am glad I did stay on track with the original thought process , looks as good as I had imagined it would.

I still wish I could have found a way to make the black , red and yellow work though but just could not figure out a way to blend it all together to come out looking the way my minds eye see's it..
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

LOOKIE LOOKIE what I got today HD1200lbs kit OH YA!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member

I am really start'in to love the balance of the Black , red , and silver not to much of any one color and it is really "catchy" according to my neighbors.

Next I need to finish up the vacuum lines and the rest of the small things on the block after that I can do the rear seal and clutch kit and I think it will be ready to drop into the truck , Oh ya almost forgot I need to get and put the new motor mounts on as well they should arrive tomorrow(Thursday) and the oil pick up and pan WOW can't believe how many small things I need to finish good thing I am talking about it so I find myself remembering all that needs done.

Here's a couple picture's of the motor as it sit's tonight what do you think is it just me or doe's it really look as balanced color wise as my mind thinks it is?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Contributing Member

I THINK SHE IS A MOTOR

The last piece drying and I can install it and the rear main then the clutch so only a couple hours to go

Any body want/need a 22re short/long block will give every thing that came off ithis but bolts , nut's needs a head gasket and a rod/main bearing will finish pulling it out maybe tomorrow willing to make someone a real good deal.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

hey your front lift hook on the head is backwards

and dang, that short block you're selling, you can still see the hone marks on it from that far away in the pics! how many miles are on it?

looking really good still man; I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

so when are you dropping the motor in? mine's going in tomorrow afternoon, and if everything goes to plan, it's firing up Saturday
Old 07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

hey your front lift hook on the head is backwards

and dang, that short block you're selling, you can still see the hone marks on it from that far away in the pics! how many miles are on it?

looking really good still man; I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

so when are you dropping the motor in? mine's going in tomorrow afternoon, and if everything goes to plan, it's firing up Saturday

YEA I noticed that earlier today and just forgot to turn it around DUH SPACE MOMENT lol

I think it only has like 3-4k on it so it is still very good running I just wanted to do a build and got a good deal on the block I have been working on it was running on Monday just for a min so I think it is a good opportunity for someone to fix and have a good running motor for awhile and I may be the one who gets a good deal lol.

Oversize crank and .30 over pistons with a nice head like this one and a header I bet this thing would be bad ass like a L.C. Engineering for a 1/3 of the price.

Hope to get a motor hoist tomorrow and pull the motor in the truck and drop this one in maybe racing you this weekend lol.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Well things have been going kind of slow as of the last post been waiting on my friend to bring over the motor hoist.

Fast Forward to Sunday around 7:00 pm and he shows up with the hoist so off I go to pulling the bare block from my truck had only a couple hours before the sun set and it was dark but this is where I got tonight and will resume tomorrow and get to getting the new motor back in the truck so here's what I got done tonight.

Kind of a redneck way to pull the motor but had no chain and the hardware store was closed so I will get that tomorrow then just waiting on the SUPRA AFM from JUNKERS 88 to arrive but I guess I could still use the stock AMF until then and see what kind of differance it makes when it arrives so I could be up and running this week OH YA!! Look out SUPERBLEEDER I am coming LOL.

Last edited by olharleyman; 08-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Contributing Member

could be up and running this week OH YA!! Look out SUPERBLEEDER I am coming LOL.
ahahahaha

BRING IT, I'LL RACE YA!!!

lol

Looking really good with the pregress buddy! Can't wait to see her lowered down in the truck!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

ahahahaha

f:
!

lol

Looking really good Looh the pregress buddy! Can't wait tobuddy! C lowered down in the truck!
YA me either I think I know the feeling you had Friday and yesterday it's worse then HINES KETCHUP ANTISIPATION

After this is done I get to start on the Super Charged 3.4 swap on my 90 4runner so this is going to be a kinda short lived victory but one to savor anyway everytime I have to go pick up a part or two.

Last edited by olharleyman; 08-02-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking real good. Love the colors on that motor, not too much, just right.
Good luck on your startup.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by phildelfino
Looking real good. Love the colors on that motor, not too much, just right.
Good luck on your startup.
Thank You Sir

Hard to believe but I was kinda second guessing myself on the colors but I am very happy with the way it turned out and I am so glad I decided to stick to my choice on the colors and the way I laid them out I think it looks very balanced.

Start up is kind of a excitement/fear thing but it will be a lot of relief when it runs right and I am driving down the road cranking the stereo on my way to the trails.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

Well if anyone is interested I got a lot done today but not every thing but I am happy I got as much done as I did.

The first thing I got into and done was getting the motor off the motor stand and on to the hoist

the next step was installing the flywheel and flex plate then it was on to installing the Marlin Crawler clutch kit

The next real issue was getting some help and hoping that the hoist would get hi enough to put the motor into the bay without having to either pull the front wheels or deflate the tires. My lieutenant friend (yes cops are gear heads too) decided to give me a helping hand and some shi* about it not being a Chevy because there is never a problem doing a Chevy.

So we got the motor ready and started to set it in hoping all would go as planned the first obstacle was cleared NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE FRONT TIRES

Once we cleared that hurdle it was time to start lowering it into place and bolt it all up Sounds easy right NOT. This thing fought like it was going to the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program getting everything to line up was a pain in the ass but after about two hours of fighting , cussing and thinking it over and over again we ended up with a full blown motor in the engine bay.

Well you would think I was happy right again NOT we had to pull the motor out again because the flex plate for some reason had two bolt holes that would not line up correctly so I had to uni bit them a little then back in to see what was going to happen this time.

Well thankfully everything went in much better thins time and it was only a 20 min drop in and it was all correct and fit like a glove , UNTIL installing the new motor mounts for some reason the right side went on fine and lined up perfect but the left side is not lining up at all for some reason. We thought it may be because the mounts are new and the left side is still too stiff to fit right so it was dark and 8 pm we decided to let it sit on the mount all night and maybe it will weigh enough to compress the left side enough to fit it tomorrow so here is where she stands tonight.

Last edited by olharleyman; 08-03-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So You bringing this to Big dogs? http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.html
Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

Last edited by Tragic Drive; 08-04-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tragic Drive

So You bringing this to Big dogs? http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.html
Glad to hear your brother is doing better.
Yep that's what i'm hoping for anyway.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Good deal man!!! Like the progress!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Contributing Member

Got an e-mail today from Witch Hunter he will be shipping the newest rebuilt injectors out Saturday - Monday at the latest I should have them just in time for the heat wave to come go figure oh well I will be able to finish putting this motor together anyway.

Also where is the best place to find a HI Flow Cat and what should I expect to pay?

Last edited by olharleyman; 08-08-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

man and I thought we'd be finishing up at about the same time

I'll be getting ready for the 500 mile oil change at the begining of next week, lol

I broke my clutch in the other day though, and pulled a tree-stump out of the ground in my front yard, lmao

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 08-08-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And so the 22re rebuild begins