86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Im seing blue, LED that is

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge cluster layover ?

Originally Posted by wiseguymmiv
Originally Posted by BoostinChick
"Pretty sure he has like a gauge cluster layover thing. It's almost like a white sticker that goes over the stock face and lights up on it's own."

That's correct- I bought the gauge cluster lay over kit on Ebay 3 or 4 years ago. It came with a selector switch so it could be lit in blue or green, as well as a dimmer switch. It was pretty easy to install.

RobD, I used the single-bulb blue LEDS from superbrightleds.com, with the wide angle light dispersion. They have been working for 5 months now with no flickering. Maybe the flickering/burnout issue is with their multi-bulb LEDs.

Aviator, see my previous post as to which light indicators would not light up with LEDs installed. I finally got the LED working on the shifter - I had a loose power wire under the console.

How much did you get gauge cluster layover for? I type it in and a bunch of different things pop up. Your led mod is the best and I want it to look like yours instead of everything being blue. Can you send a link or post a picture so I know exactly what I'm looking for?Thank you so much!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sahale15
How much did you get gauge cluster layover for? I type it in and a bunch of different things pop up. Your led mod is the best and I want it to look like yours instead of everything being blue. Can you send a link or post a picture so I know exactly what I'm looking for?Thank you so much!
Sahale15,

Sorry to respond so late. I've been off of the forum for a long time. But I'm back!

I think the blue gauge cluster layover was about $35.

I don't see them for sale on Ebay, but you can get a set here for $50:

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Toy...FUW2wAod02YN4Q