Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

cheap DD turned rest

Old 03-13-2019, 05:01 AM

review of Marlin w56 so far

new starter in, dont forget that the stay bracket for the clutch line goes under the bottom starter bolt!

cleaned up the tcase best i could, speedo on, new rubber mount, driveshaft rebuilt and on. remember to align the zerks for the front and rear shafts for easy greasing.

dust shield going on, youll need to pull this hardware form your old tranny.

heres the mount for the clutch line in proper orientation, i used a new horseshoe clip

tcase skid on. front drive shaft in.

need to pressure wash off the old driveshaft grease

swaybar on.

if your not familiar, these four tiny bolts hold the stick into the base for the shifter.

dont put your 4wd shifter in upside down like me, that bottom right bolt is a PITA to get to for some reason.

so far im pretty pleased with the transmission. its clean and well assembled, but I wish they would have sent shipping updates. they also don't include the new shift socket like they claim on their page. youll need the dust cover hardware, new shift fork parts, a new tcase gasket, and the old sensor from your tranny to transfer over. they recommend GL4 dino oil for the break in but good luck finding it. ill be using mobile for the 500 miles initial fill then switching to redline. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would be switching over my entire shifter/base but you cannot do this due to a security paint mark on the marlin base, youll just need pull your stick and use the new base. go easy on the box it comes in because youll be using it to send your back, and its not very sturdy, just a regular old cardboard box but they do give you some nice thick padding material to use. I will be filling it today and hopefully going for a drive.

Last edited by keycw; 03-13-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:47 AM

Some of you probably saw my post about 2nd gear popping out in my new transmission. I have posts out in here and Marlins forum about it. No definitive answer yet but my Im looking at the tcase Mount and the internal linkage at the moment. Will talk to marlin Monday hopefully. Until then I have some small trinket part number for yall. I had some mismatched screws holding my dash and shifter bezel area together so I ordered new oem ones and I needed a replacement bumper for the glove box.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:54 PM

More of the good stuff!

Nice!

Hopefully you can get the transmission issue sorted out soon.