Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

90 Sr5 Rebuild Paint Everything! PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the differance between that and a cold air?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Cold air = you suck in hot engine bay air with a "free flow" filter, that will actually let more dirt into your engine.

ISR = You use the stock airbox which gets cold outside air from behind the headlight, and you can use your stock paper filter for great filtration, or swap it out for a "free flow"..

NOT MUCH is different. The cost is the best thing = under $30
Old 10-28-2008, 11:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
what kind of gun did you use to do your paint job. iv pained several vehicals and have a nice compressor and hvlp gun but not a proper air dryer system, basicly i crack the drain cock on the bottom of the compressor and run multiple disposable air dryers i can go threw 15 disposable air dryers on a paint job to get a nice paint job. for the nice air dryer systems your looking at a pretty penny i don't paint enough vehicals to make it worth it. iv also heard of people using airless paint sprayers, im just curious what you used
Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM

update? update? update? come on man, it was lookin good....
Old 10-29-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 76ANTHONY
update? update? update? come on man, it was lookin good....
Man i update this thing every day it seems like! lol this weekend should be alot tho. my gaskit kit and rod and mains should be here by friday and if the machine shop is quick then ill have it to finish up Saturday or sunday at the latest monday!! thanks for keepin on me tho! later

Id really like some jager Bombs right now i think everyone should take a shot and sit by a bon fire its cold and thats what needs to be done.!

Last edited by YoterUp; 10-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by YoterUp
Man i update this thing every day it seems like! lol this weekend should be alot tho. my gaskit kit and rod and mains should be here by friday and if the machine shop is quick then ill have it to finish up Saturday or sunday at the latest monday!! thanks for keepin on me tho! later

Id really like some jager Bombs right now i think everyone should take a shot and sit by a bon fire its cold and thats what needs to be done.!
aint cold here, hell its still 85 and its almost 9pm....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
colder than usual here. last night there was 16" of snow about 50 miles northeast of me!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM

well i tried i got about a week left up here in michigan ill take advantage of the cold until i go back to florida!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:03 AM

Update 10/31

Everything is on schedule got all the new parts in yesterday delivered everything the the machine shop last night hopefully he finishes it up today or tomorrow if i get the bottom end back from him by Saturday i should have it in on Sunday!!! hope hope hope...

How much you think i could sell this truck for back in florida? just wondering what yall have seen price wise..
Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Builds Back On Update 11/06

Ok so i got my motor back from the machine shop tonight so im back on the build! i paid him to short block it for me so im a few steps ahead and looking good.

Ill start with the receipt, it doesn't include him short blocking it for me I paid 421$ total...

Then a little head cleaning. How bad is it to clean your head with engine degreaser?

Then some new parts gaskit kit and new oil pump...

Then just pics of the done deal..

then ill add one or 2 more personal pics got me a deer with a 22mag right out the shop door 2 nights ago while cleaning my heads up...

Field i got him in he was a little spike.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 PM

Update bump cmon someone give me something i finally updated this thing!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 PM

nice motor and deer
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

I hope when I do mine that my local machine shops are that cheap...
Old 11-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
I hope when I do mine that my local machine shops are that cheap...
Chances are they wont be.. the guy grew up with my uncle and i know his son. he gave me a decent deal i mean its not the best but he does a real good job so it was worth it. i did get a lot done for 400$ also got a good amount of work done on it today but my computer is going super slow. i ran into a problem with a key way today i chipped a 1/4inch off the front of the one on the crank and couldn't find one ANYWHERE i took a trip to the dealer and they didn't even have one so i ordered one today they wont have it till Tuesday, one mechanic there said i have enough left on the one i got to flip it around and reuse it im not so sure about that i think im just going to put it the rest of the way together and wait till Tuesday ill post some pics tomorrow morning and yall can tell me what you think
Old 11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

familiarize me with this "keyway" concept
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
familiarize me with this "keyway" concept
I have pictures of all of it but the internets moving so slow i cant upload them tonight so ill have to do it in the morning. basically it looks like a half moon its about 3/4 of an inch long bout a 1/4 wide and 1/2 deep.. its semi press fitted into the crank right in front of the oil pump your timeing gear slips on it and so does the main crank pully it holds eveything in order and keeps everything on time..... if you still dont get it i have pictures for tomarow. good night yall
Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by YoterUp
I have pictures of all of it but the internets moving so slow i cant upload them tonight so ill have to do it in the morning. basically it looks like a half moon its about 3/4 of an inch long bout a 1/4 wide and 1/2 deep.. its semi press fitted into the crank right in front of the oil pump your timeing gear slips on it and so does the main crank pully it holds eveything in order and keeps everything on time..... if you still dont get it i have pictures for tomarow. good night yall
ah damn, I feel dumb now haha. I knew what it was as soon as I read key way again, and then you said what it was and it confirmed it haha (and no I am not lying haha)
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM

i see some ITM parts in there, i used em and they are fricken great for the price, so if ya didnt know, they are good parts,

projects looking good, now get back ta work and get that sucker done
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 76ANTHONY
i see some ITM parts in there, i used em and they are fricken great for the price, so if ya didnt know, they are good parts,

projects looking good, now get back ta work and get that sucker done
ALL ITM parts!!

Alright NOW my internet is not being so stupid! so ill start with the key way and my problem!!!!

With NO key in...

How it normally sits and the side i chipped off.....

Hard to see but have it in backwords and it would work but im not so sure on that one....

Another angle maby you can get a better view

OK SO THE NEXT PROBLEM... me being me didn't order a water pump so the circled part fell out today while installing the water pump i have resting back in there but dont know if i need a new one now... there is nothing that hold it in -I.e bolts nuts ect. it looks like it might be some sort of press fitted looks like a bypass or something ANY HELP!!!!

Got a cupple crap pics of what i accomplished today

And a better idea of how the heads turned out!!!!

So if you cant tell today i got the rear main seal swapped out and put on, got the oil pump on(ITM does not send you an oil pump gaskit!!! NOT EVEN WHEN YOU ORDER AN OIL PUMP! have to use RTV.....), got the water pump on but broke the hose intake thing, broke the key way and took a trip to the dealership! , started cleaning off the old gaskit from the oil pan(no pics) and cleaned the heads a little more(herd it was REAL important to get then clean) also if you can see in the pics i filed down and smoothed where the washer dented up the heads didn't turn out to bad will work just fine!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Un-Answered Questions, Night Post Bump!!!!

Quick Reply: 90 Sr5 Rebuild Paint Everything! PICS