Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

hello to all . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello to all . . .

I've been visiting this forum for a couple of weeks now as a guest, but now decided to join. Several things about myself, i've had my '96 limited since '99 and have put about 90K+ miles (122k total) and i've only had minor problems (door and window stuff). I don't know about you guys, but nothing beats getting into my 4runner and doing some driving, i guess its the whole feel of driving her (but like most 3rd gen. owners would like more power other than getting a SC). Last, i noticed most of this forums' members are into off-roading and such. I prefer street mods myself (except rims over 20, MOST of the rims out-there just don't look right on 4runners IMO, no offense to those who have 20+ size rims), but i enjoy seeing everyone's 4runners and thier mods.

Its is nice too meet everyone and hopefully i'll be able to contribute to this forum.

pino

i do have 2 questions: for the deck plate mod, how different is the use of a six in. plate instead of a 4 1/2? and has anyone heard or used the hypertuned AIS?

http://www.hypertuned.com/default.php?cPath=60_83_145
Old 07-24-2003, 10:15 PM

just a picture of my runner . . . $h*t all my pics are too big, i'll post some pics when i can.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Hello, and i liked to say hi from the bradenton/sarasota area. good to see more members from the florida area! im glad you lve your 4R like the rest of us. i cant help you with the question..but just wanted to say welcome!! where in Tampa are ya? i go school up there...right by Busch Gardens.

and im sure someone will help you with your question.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:25 PM

thanks, man and good to meet you to. i'm in the citrus park/west chase area. I use to work in bradenton area during my college summers (champs sports corp. building) and totally enjoyed the drive on 75. IMO there are too many escalades, denalis, yukon's, suburbans, H2's ect. in fla.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:45 AM

Re: hello to all . . .

Originally posted by pinorunner

i do have 2 questions: for the deck plate mod, how different is the use of a six in. plate instead of a 4 1/2? and has anyone heard or used the hypertuned AIS?

http://www.hypertuned.com/default.php?cPath=60_83_145

Honestly I've had at least 3 different(AEM,Akimoto,DC Sports) air filter "funnel RAMs" in my previous cars. Yea maybe a little larger diameter and different filter designs would give you 0.0002 HP. But honestly dont we all know that we're getting these filters for the sound and a little quicker trottle response? IMH Deckplate mod+ISR does all these AND leave you $170 richer. If you go with the Akimotos or these "funnel RAM" type setup, i can gurantee that your runner would be the loudest but the slowest. because it will zero out your 0.0002 HP gain from all the heat that chrome piping will collect inside the engine bay, not to mention the possibilities(if applicable) of getting some water in your engine. And oh, you'd have to deal with more frequent hassle of cleaning out the filter due to its open-filter designs. If anyone disagrees, let me know.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:20 AM

Re: Re: hello to all . . .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2001Millrunner
[ If you go with the Akimotos or these "funnel RAM" type setup, i can gurantee that your runner would be the loudest but the slowest.

funny, i apreciate the feed back. does anyone have an opinion on the 6 in. or 4.5 in deck mod?
Old 07-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Nam

Hello and welcome pinorunner!

Glad you love your truck as most of us here do! Enjoy.

Nam
Old 07-25-2003, 08:34 AM

i really dont' think it makes a huge difference if you use a 6 or 4.5 i think if you could fit a 6 inch hole on the airbox, you should go with it. i just went with the 4.5 because it was available at the store, and it is still a pretty large opening. i was interested in getting the K&N fipk or a cold air intake, but through reading the posts in this site, i jumped for the deckplate. I have a bunch of friends who have decked out imports, and they all think the deckplate is a tight mod.

i'm also not an off-roader. i also prefer street tuning. unlike most of the folks here, i'd prefer to lower my truck than to raise it. unfortunately, i'm unemployed, so i won't be doing any huge mods until a few months after i get a job.

welcome to the site, and be sure to post some pictures, i'm sure we'd all love to see your ride.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:35 AM

Welcome to YotaTech! Street 4Runner / Off-road 4Runner: it's a Toyota, that's the key issue here.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:41 AM

thanks for the feedback hboss and cmupike. the deck plate mod is a definite and as for the AIS, my brothers (whos whole car club was in 2fast2furious) are the ones who recommended it. then again they all have little import tuners . . . FYI my youngest bro has a 95 runner (120k +) is thinking of selling his. if he decides to sell his i'll let everyone know and i'll post some pics of his ride also.