General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??

well i have been seein rigs around lately that are just out to annoy me i swear it. i just ranted on someone else's thread, not about them but just talkin about the subject at matter. i just wanna know if im the only one that hates when people pretty up there trucks by lifting them the max amount possible, putting the biggest possible tires on w/the biggest possible RIMS..., getting all new clear tailights, tints, shiny chrome everywhere, undercarriage is SPOTLESS, colorful drop hitch, stickers proclaiming how "bad-ass" they are, sound system rattling the lugs off your wheels as you sit next to them at light, and to put the big fat cherry on top...THEY NEVER DRIVE THEM OFF THE STREET! These people probably will turn around if a gravel road comes up! am i the only one that notices this? or better yet...

DO YOU BUILD TO BE PRETTY, OR TO PERFORM OFF-ROAD????

V**See if you can spot the performance truck out of these 3**V

#1-Toyota 4runner with 44's and who knows what else..?

#2 '85 toyota 4runner with 38.50/14.50 r15

#3-2007 GMC 2500
Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
The 3rd gen 4Runner has absolutely no suspension flex and those tires will eat the fenders.

The 1st gen 4Runner is actually a wheeler.

The chebby... well. It's a dag nabbing mall crawler.

Yes I hate seeing mall crawlers as well. It doesn't make sense to me really. If your going to build a truck build it to do something useful where trucks shine the most: Off Road.
If you want a shiny street queen then build a CAR

Personally I built my truck to do well in the environment I like to 4Wheel in. That is rocks. It's not necessarily pretty but some would say it looks badass. It works. And thats all that matters to me.
I've gotten compliments on my truck from people that say "Nice truck, it looks like you actually use it."

How could it not be built to preform with 5.29's and lockrights front and rear. Not to mention the 200#'s of armor

/Soapbox.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think people should build there trucks however they want. i do think that chevy is way overkill though. im trying to build mine to be the best of both worlds but the lack of money is killing that dream. lol oh and scuba im jealous of your truck!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 AM

heck yeah scuba truck's lookin good! see thats what im talkin about. post some picks of real trucks, made to actualy PERFORM.

in response to BackGateYota92...i agree that people should build them how they want. but in my opinion, people that build truck's like that chevy, build them for girls, but they drive them so they must be very feminine lol. now in your case, trying to make the best of both worlds, unfortunately, that's a dream we'd all love to achieve lol i mean don't get me wrong, it is possible to make a "good" performer in mud AND crawling..but...not an "excellent" one it both. it's one or the other. you go too high, with huge tires, you cant crawl without flippin it over. you go low center of gravity for crawlin and navigation, you'll get high centered. by all means do what you want, but i personally believe these narrow wheel base yotas, with their reliability and all that they have goin for them, its a shame to turn them into just another mud bogger. ANY truck can mud bog....not any truck can fit in between narrow trees, flex suspension like a yo-ta, or make that impossible turn on a ridge while going over huge rocks. so come on people...

POST SOME PICS OF REAL TRUCKS!!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ha ya we aint got rocks where im from but my truck has seen alot of mud and then some. lol but im 17 so i guess i try to make mine look the best i can.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 PM

yeah thats understandable. i did the same thing at 16/17. im only 20 now but believe me, you'll wish youd put money into performance, not so much cosmetic. dont get me wrong though, i still have a blast makin it look good!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 PM

That's so not fair I have 20's on my Sequoia, big tires, Air-ride, banging sound system, and tinted windows. That thing has seen more dirt then most hummers
Old 06-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I have to be honest and say I wanted my rig to perform and look good..besides, there isn't a mall for miles

Last edited by toyospearo; 06-26-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 PM

IMO looking good is all in the eye of the person looking, I have seen look at my 86 and drool and I have seen girls look at my 06 and turn there nose up. They have about the same amount of money put in to them
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by CitrusTheDragon
That's so not fair I have 20's on my Sequoia, big tires, Air-ride, banging sound system, and tinted windows. That thing has seen more dirt then most hummers
hey im not sayin yours is no good you know. lets see some pics? i dont disagree with making it look good..at all. in fact i LOVE makin mine look good! but its the people that spend all their money lookin good, it never sees dirt, the "performance" parts they bought, never get to perform and what really bugs me is when you see them in town and they look at you like there truck is so much nicer. you know what i mean? hey i like my music to sound good, i like tinted windows, im an old man when it comes to smooth ride, dont get me wrong. it just depends on...do you actually use it for what it's for?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by redhawk427
hey im not sayin yours is no good you know. lets see some pics? i dont disagree with making it look good..at all. in fact i LOVE makin mine look good! but its the people that spend all their money lookin good, it never sees dirt, the "performance" parts they bought, never get to perform and what really bugs me is when you see them in town and they look at you like there truck is so much nicer. you know what i mean? hey i like my music to sound good, i like tinted windows, im an old man when it comes to smooth ride, dont get me wrong. it just depends on...do you actually use it for what it's for?
It's the wifes truck(she would rather drive my 86), air ride is for long trips with the kids, along with the tinted windows, the 20's where on it when i bought it, and I had a theater sound and dvd screen system install for long road trips. It is 4x4 and I do use it.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 PM

well then there you go, sounds like a sweet rig! your obviously not the type im referring to. i generalized the "comments on cosmetics". of course if you tint your windows and get a nice stereo, it doesn't automatically make you retarded lol. got any pics though? i'd like to see it. i havent really seen many sequoias
Old 06-26-2010, 01:28 PM

#3-2007 GMC 2500
My wife just said wow thats gross, some one needs a bigger pee pee
Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 PM

lol thats so awesome!! see your wife knows what she's talkin about!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 PM

well then there you go, sounds like a sweet rig! your obviously not the type im referring to. i generalized the "comments on cosmetics". of course if you tint your windows and get a nice stereo, it doesn't automatically make you retarded lol. got any pics though? i'd like to see it. i havent really seen many sequoias
I'll get some when she gets back from her trip
Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 PM

lol thats so awesome!! see your wife knows what she's talkin about!!
when I met her she told me I could ge t laid just for my truck
Old 06-26-2010, 01:47 PM

must be a nice truck!!! lol
Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTF Pics wont work when i post them. Damn technology!

Last edited by 2DoorRunner; 06-26-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:13 PM

try this
Old 06-26-2010, 02:14 PM

or you can upload them to your profile, then use the direct link to your pic on your profile

Quick Reply: PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??