General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first off...you guys are getting the wrong impression with those 2 trucks..

they were both OBVIOUSLY built for SHOW.....as in CAR AND TRUCK SHOWS.

i bet both that 4runner on 44's and that chevy have won some trophies.

i've seen SHOW TRUCKS, with 54's and rockwells go through the mud pits after the truck show is over..and after they just one for best looking rig.

it's all about opinions..the guy with the chevy may think our trucks look like shat.

people will probably flame the hell outta me because i'm putting 17's on the '92 4runner.

oh and litterally about 30 minutes ago, i seen a SAS'd 3rd gen ext cab pickup, with 20" beadlocks and 40's..there was a dana60 in the front, 14bolt in the rear..i believe he said 5.13 gears, marlin crawler doubler, with the ultimate low which is 4.7's in both cases i believe...and it had an INCREDIBLE jet black paint job with some lime green ghost flames on the hood and fenders..but of course he DOES wheel it, and it had a bunch of dents, small nicks..lots of scratches..lol

and that F-350(or 450, 550) is pure sex...and i hate Fords........

i hate it when people bash other peoples rigs..i've done it myself, but i try not to..

wait, why do people drive motorcycles??? i think they all look like SH@# (not really i love em) it's stupid to invest $40,000 in a motorcycle when he could have put that towards a nice offroading rig....it's all about personal choice...what i hate, you might love!!! and vice versa lol

P.S. the chevy looks like poop, the 4runner LOOKS pretty cool, but probably couldn't turn without flopping over..again, the big ford is pure sex..the first gen 4runner looks to be a great performer, but i think it's but ugly....
Old 06-27-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redhawk427
well i have been seein rigs around lately that are just out to annoy me i swear it. i just ranted on someone else's thread, not about them but just talkin about the subject at matter. i just wanna know if im the only one that hates when people pretty up there trucks by lifting them the max amount possible, putting the biggest possible tires on w/the biggest possible RIMS..., getting all new clear tailights, tints, shiny chrome everywhere, undercarriage is SPOTLESS, colorful drop hitch, stickers proclaiming how "bad-ass" they are, sound system rattling the lugs off your wheels as you sit next to them at light, and to put the big fat cherry on top...THEY NEVER DRIVE THEM OFF THE STREET! These people probably will turn around if a gravel road comes up! am i the only one that notices this? or better yet...

DO YOU BUILD TO BE PRETTY, OR TO PERFORM OFF-ROAD????

V**See if you can spot the performance truck out of these 3**V

#1-Toyota 4runner with 44's and who knows what else..?

#2 '85 toyota 4runner with 38.50/14.50 r15

#3-2007 GMC 2500
What are you talking about? That 85 4runner is sweet. And to the OP- What serious mods have you done to your rig? Remove the running boards? Great job
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM

ive always wanted the best of both worlds. if you have enough money to build a performance crawler, and also be able to get a nice looking truck, id go for it. ive always dreamed about having this truck-

Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Yea but again great truck with a purpose. Would u drive it around for a DD
Old 06-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Now if there were no bro-dozers rolling around who would we have to laugh at? But wait you know hes gonna get outta his truck wearing a tapout t-shirt or affliction hahahahahaha
Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 90runnerfan
Now if there were no bro-dozers rolling around who would we have to laugh at? But wait you know hes gonna get outta his truck wearing a tapout t-shirt or affliction hahahahahaha
I have both tapout and affliction shirts, I am starting to think I might be a bro.....
Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Hmm it's funny everybody makes fun of mall crawlers. I do too but...
Recently I've been thinking it'd be pretty rad to have a lowered chevy dually or a lifted quad cab 99+ f250, for a purpose, the sole purpose of towing. That's if I had a rad trailer or a toy hauler to tow that is. Them bro dozers do have a use. For people with quads and bikes who have to make long trips to the dunes or something.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 PM

pssh no way i'd get out in ma boots and my cowboy hat as wat id do
Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 PM
ET

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[/QUOTE]

yeah, i thought ironhide was the best looking transformer too.

and in my opinion desert trucks make the best pretty/performance trucks. is there a single truck in the baja 1k or other competition that doesn't look awesome?

EDIT: yes, i know ironhide is a gmc topkick but they still look similar.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

I simply don't like trucks that have an identity crisis with those that put all this off road stuff on it and make it very capable then throw 24" rims on it.
They're poser trucks but I guess it's no different than my neighbor and his FJ which he has outfitted with a lift,real bumper/winch and rack complete with shovel and jack and he's never had it off road in 2 years. I guess some like the image that they are a rugged bunch but the image is as far as they go;I can't totally respect people like that.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 AM

I personally don't like mall-terrains, can apriciate the work/money goein into them but still ain't goein to like them. Like any "car culture", Some people like usefull trucks, some show trucks. Take a say 1957 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop, you prefer-classic unmolested restored original vs. mild custom vs. full out chopped/sectioned show car that only leaves it's trailer to be pushed into the grass at a show vs. full on completly built drag car vs. pro streetbuild etc...
Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by SpecialScottie
What are you talking about? That 85 4runner is sweet. And to the OP- What serious mods have you done to your rig? Remove the running boards? Great job
Hey we all start somewhere. My tacoma didn't turn into a prerunner over night
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm biased. My 90 4x4 is built for purpose not looks. Couldn't care less what people think of it. That truck has taken me to some of the best times in my life and i love it's ugly butt.

on the other hand i just picked up a 91 2wd. It's going to be low, fast and comfortable. Custom interior, rebuilt motor, install power steering, ac, custom paint, rims, and this will be my daily driver for the most part. I like the dropped 2wd's and the lifted and capable 4x4's. Just seeing the good in both. If i lived near the desert the 91 2wd would be a long travel toy but here in the mid-west there's no point so i will build it to my tastes. Plus it'll be kinda cool to have one dropped show toy and one gnarly 4x4 to get me in and out of the woods.

but yeah can't stand mall crawlers but at least they're o good source of entertainment. I mean seriously who doesn't snicker at the giant chevy stuck on the snow mound in the mall parking lot? I even go as far as searching youtube for giant lifted trucks on the trails just for a good laugh. It might not go anywhere but looks good don't it. It's even better when you call them out if the chance presents itself and they almost always accept the challenge and either get stuck and need to be pulled out by my yota, or they tuck their tail and decline. Which ever way it goes they usually stop bragging about their rig when you point out that it's well, rigged.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I love Mall Crawlers those owners tend to spend $$$$ on the dumbest things. I work on them all the time. They paid off all my debt so i can`t complain .

I have to laugh most mall crawlers have more in the truck then in tools with me all the vehicles street legal wouldn`t come to even half the value of tools I own

Would I ever build one for myself very doubtful but I have learned never to say never.

To each there own.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by wyoming9
I love Mall Crawlers those owners tend to spend $$$$ on the dumbest things. I work on them all the time. They paid off all my debt so i can`t complain .

I have to laugh most mall crawlers have more in the truck then in tools with me all the vehicles street legal wouldn`t come to even half the value of tools I own

Would I ever build one for myself very doubtful but I have learned never to say never.

To each there own.
I am with you there, but they are a bitch to lift without scratching something. And call me crazy but 35s on 24+ feel heavier/harder to remove then 35s on 16s. But then do make me a crap ton of money
Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a shirt that says you have micro-dick instead of spending all that money on this worthless eyesore.

I was once told that, everything is bigger in Texas! I don't know if that is true or not, having never been there but, by looking at this thing, I'm thinking that's where this guy is from! And yes, looks like he is trying to make up for some other little problem.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree pavement pounders or mall crawlers suck. But I don't think massive tires automatically = mall crawler. We have tons of huge lifted trucks with 44" tires etc, and they go offroad and put through deep mud all the time.

(I'm mainly saying that because the op posted a pic of the 4runner with 44" tires)

On the other hand, the truck right above with horns is 1000% mall crawler.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

I think the Ford belongs to this guy.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM

Why are you guys such haters? Who cares what they do with it, why you so concerned with someone else's truck? To each their own. If other peoples rigs irritate you, you have issues and need therapy and/or meds.

Quick Reply: PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??