General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol no i mean when i post them they wont show. I know how to post pictures, but thanks anyways
Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh lol i guess i didnt think about the fact you have 2,200+ posts. you probably know how lol. are they the right file format?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

Yep. I will restart the computer and try later
Old 06-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by redhawk427

#3-2007 GMC 2500
Notice the lowered p/u in the backround anyone?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:33 PM

It may not be one but those taillights are decieving..
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned

Looks like a nissan hard body.

Anyone notice the reflection in the truck of the trailer, that the truck probably came in on?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Pretty performance? Haha jk but I looovvvveee seeing trucks like this in the dunes and smoking them with a 4 cylinder This big chevy POS couldn't hang if it's life depended on it. Maybe beats me at towing and speed, but off road it wouldn't be a fair fight. That thing looks like it would break, and yes I have seen trucks just like this literally fall apart on the dunes if they do just try to pin it to win it

Old 06-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by PismoJoe

Pretty performance? Haha jk but I looovvvveee seeing trucks like this in the dunes and smoking them with a 4 cylinder This big chevy POS couldn't hang if it's life depended on it. Maybe beats me at towing and speed, but off road it wouldn't be a fair fight. That thing looks like it would break, and yes I have seen trucks just like this literally fall apart on the dunes if they do just try to pin it to win it
that is one sick ass yota!! now im glad people are agreeing with me on this little dilemma lol. but i agree with PismoJoe..pretty performance is an excellent way to build your truck!!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this is the build that was going for "pretty" in this pic. I imagine it took a lot of dedication over a long period of time.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:18 PM

your VERY RIGHT! tons of hard work, lots of beer money!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 AM

ha could you imagine if someone put as much money as that dude put in the chevy into a yota??? i bet it would be one nasty truck
Old 06-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Here's just one of many reasons that I'm glad Hummers are discontinued;the wrong people drive them.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a shirt that says you have micro-dick instead of spending all that money on this worthless eyesore.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:21 AM

I could do everything i want to do to MY truck 10 times and STILL not spend as much money as the F-350 above has in it. I bet the bull horns cost more than what my truck is worth. At least it has a winch.....? Maybe its for pullin a car out of the parking spot close to the mall door.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnarly4X
It's good that we can "build" our trucks the way we want. I like to look at both, and can appreciate the owner's form of "expression".

I've seen "performance" trucks that couldn't, and I've seen "pretty" trucks that did!!

It's nice to live in America!!

Personally I wouldn't lift mine and get huge ass tires to cruise the mall. I can barely afford my 31" M/Ts when the time comes..

But that's the great thing about owning a car or truck, make it look/perform how you want! I guess some people like driving a huge lifted truck around town, suckin down gas and listening to those huge mud tires hum.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:35 AM

that guy is from the same town im from. he owns a custom shop. youd be suprised how many trucks you will find in that dairy town that look like that. he did put tons of work into that truck. either way, how ever someone wants to build their truck is entirely up to them. its probably a good thing i dont have that kind of money or i would be guilty of doing something similar to a golf cart
Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 AM

we dont build eye candy pure ugly pure monster

Old 06-27-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by redhawk427
well i have been seein rigs around lately that are just out to annoy me i swear it. i just ranted on someone else's thread, not about them but just talkin about the subject at matter. i just wanna know if im the only one that hates when people pretty up there trucks by lifting them the max amount possible, putting the biggest possible tires on w/the biggest possible RIMS..., getting all new clear tailights, tints, shiny chrome everywhere, undercarriage is SPOTLESS, colorful drop hitch, stickers proclaiming how "bad-ass" they are, sound system rattling the lugs off your wheels as you sit next to them at light, and to put the big fat cherry on top...THEY NEVER DRIVE THEM OFF THE STREET! These people probably will turn around if a gravel road comes up! am i the only one that notices this? or better yet...

DO YOU BUILD TO BE PRETTY, OR TO PERFORM OFF-ROAD????
[U][B]
my build is intended to be a tasteful application of the performance i am seeking. "pretty" is subjective. "taste" or "style" is also, but slightly more objective in there's a consensus of agreement.

but i can appreciate the variety in trucks, even the over-bling'd chrome crawlers and the restored-back-to-OEM show queens, just as much as i can appreciate the application-specific customizations. i can appreciate that 4Runner with the 44s, and that F-350, because
A) we can see trucks (including our own make/model) in configurations we'd NEVER consider.

and

B) i appreciate the attention to DETAIL. a rig with every part replaced for trail durability, or with every part replaced to be matching blue anodized, is STILL a huge amount of EFFORT in each build. so i can appreciate an owner's dedication even though i may not agree with their style.

PLUS,

C) ugly trucks make cool trucks look that much cooler, and
D) i don't want to share the trail with every truck driver anyway. let the mall crawlers STAY in the parking lots if it's where they like to cruise. i'll be in the woods trying to ESCAPE the masses of consumers.

Some people think i'm butchering a beautiful classic truck, because I am not restoring back to OEM condition. i think i'm building a sharp looking, multi-purpose rig for daily driving, drive-in and beach hopping, tailgate partying, camping, and fire access trail blazing. so it should perform well here, but probably not on the rocks or in the bogs. suddenly performance seems subjective too!

i think what you're really feeling frustration with, is lack of TASTE or STYLE. every type of truck has its place, but when some people without style, exceed the limits of their abilities, their trucks (and our eyes) suffer.

and even that has a silver lining, because it just makes us love our truck more.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 AM

there is some good points floatin around here unfortunately, i cant agree with respecting the work put into the "mall crusiers" i work very hard and i hate to see money wasted you know? put it to a good use! burn it or something! anythings better!! lol jk
Old 06-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Well, its all about what the owner thinks. You see guys that have nice big chromed out chevys that think its a nice truck and a good DD, and then you see guys with the same type of truck thinking that it looks the best and will perform the best.

Gnarly had a good point though, I have seen trucks like that break and trucks like that that do well. Different set ups ran in those cases, but I guess its just a really different crowd of truck people than the dual cased toyota crawlers. To each his own right

Quick Reply: PRETTY?? or PERFORMANCE??