86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

the lux has died :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the lux has died :(

well its finaly happend, today has been armageddon for the lux. after all the hassle ive had with it this year with having to replace parts (pretty much the whole truck) it has finaly give up the ghost

it started a couple of weeks ago when we had bad snow over here in the uk the power steering pump went which turned out to be mare to replace after a bolt snapped on the tensioner just got over that and the extreme cold -17 to be precise burst a coolant pipe got that sorted and all was good for a couple of days then an injector went off
that was ok up to the point where i lost the nut that holds the diesel leak off pipe somewhere in the engine bay all was good a friend come to my rescue with a spare nut he then proceeded to drop the nut down the same bloody place as i dropped my original nut gutted

got myself a new set off injectors to replace the poorly one i had on cylinder 2 got that changed over and still no joy so we replaced the injector on cylinder 1 and put that on cylinder 2 as we knew number was good, put a new injector on number 1 again and guess what no difference.

its looking like it has a dropped valve on cylinder 2 which in turn has killed the piston on cylinder 2 grrrrrrrrrrr

got on the uk surf forum found an engine for £250 delivered to my address from the other side of the country all good it was complete aswell with everything on it turbo, alternator, the works straight swap.

went to pay for it today via paypal and the person who has the engine has sold it already GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
in all fairness he did say there was someone intrested in it but hasnt heard anything from him in 2 weeks so i said ill take it off his hands today after i defo confirm i need a full engine, then sod me the person who hasnt been intrested in it has now bought it yesterday so now the lux is well and truely dead until i can find a replacement engine for it the downside is im borrowing the mrs car so im not to bad for transport but its a rover 200/25 with a bright pink interior. not that bad until your current employment is being in the army

roll on 2012 already
Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Real men wear pink...

Thats terrible, man! Good luck finding a new engine.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:42 PM

thanks bud i am workigon getting a new engine but looks like im gona have to build it up rather than geting a complete engine oh well keep me busy at least
Old 01-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hang in there Sabreuk, it will all work out. I hope you don't catch to much crap about the Rover, that pink interior could mess a guy up for life.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:10 PM

re-BUILD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bore, slightly bigger turbo, fuel mods, 3" exhaust.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM

it will be good, and yeah i got few mods im gona do to make this engine last 1 im gona intercool it, 2 gona put a blow off valve on the it to save the turbo a lil, and then gona rebuild it so its got some balls instead of 97bhp. its a pain its happend but glad in a way at least it willl last another 18 odd years after i finish with it.

well that pink interior is painful my mrs last car was a ford ka in silver with pink flowers over the body and the worlds hidious pink interior again i did get a lot of abuse about that in the barracks off the lads so first job tomoz is try turn it back to how it should be till the lux is running.

there is a good mod site which was posted on the uk forum which is giving me inspiration the link is http://www.hiluxsurf.net/modifications.htm
so think i might follow suit to make the lux a bit more appealing this time round
Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Which motor does it currently have?

i've heard the 3.0 Turbo diesel (intercooled) is a HELLUVA motor
Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM

its the 2.4 2lte engine mate me personaly find the 2.4 underpowered and has a fair few probs with the head cracking from
the high temp, if ya get a new head there fine just guttless, your are however absolutely right the 3l engine is the one everyone goes for over here in the uk decent power in them. it seems the trend at the min is a lexus v8 conversion which is awesome apparantly. here a link to a uk lexsurf v8 conversion you wana look at bushwackers 1uz fe burgundy gen 2
http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...ght=pics+rides
also there is this bad boy to give inspiration aswell its a lux with 21" lift its worth a look.

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...highlight=lift

Last edited by sabreuk; 01-02-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 AM

For those in the CO USA area that want to see a 2lt, 2l-TE, 3l, or 1KZ-T. I have them here. Just drop me a PM. the 2tl and the 2l_TE are daily drivers, but slow compared to the 22Rs.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by findley
For those in the CO USA area that want to see a 2lt, 2l-TE, 3l, or 1KZ-T. I have them here. Just drop me a PM. the 2tl and the 2l_TE are daily drivers, but slow compared to the 22Rs.
Hey buddy if you struggle getting bits for your diesels giz a shout and I could get the bits here and ship em over to you if it's cheaper for ya. There realy common over here but not many petrols where as you guys seem to be petrol mad and not many diesels if that makes sense lol. But a TOP TIP if your going to get a diesel engine I would seriously hunt down a 3ltr as they are far better than the 2.4 2lte.