Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need engine help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
shoot, I got the link long ago lol.

Now i am going for the whole series!

I just want to see him get the truck back together, nevermind the boobies! Course...i do enjoy a good pair of em!
Well who doesn't???

Old 07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I guess what I am trying to say is...once you get the correct belt on there and in time, make sure you check your dizzy. It must be set to TDC on #1 Compression stroke. When all the match marks are lined up on the cam and crank gears, thats TDC on #1. THEN install the dizzy with the rotor pointing to #1. Remember that the gear will rotate since it is beveled.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by wrnchplr
Thanks but I know about that. I did wash them out, but the better, funner way to fix that issue is use a BBQ lighter and stick it just out side the spark plug hole makes one hell of a flame
well hell, where where you a month or two ago
Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
mayne, i never got any links .
deff past my bed time
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Staff

Originally Posted by scuba
mayne, i never got any links .
deff past my bed time
gotta offer up help! Boobies aren't free these days lol
Old 07-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
That's just 'cause you live in Arlington, pal. Of course, you do live pretty close to Oregon....

Last edited by thook; 07-30-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Staff

I'll take my hard earned boobies over your easy-breezy-not so beautiful cover girl Arkansas boobies!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
gotta offer up help! Boobies aren't free these days lol
im not quite as smart as you

lol, funny story.
Spring break this year, my buddys ditched me at the hotel in south padre with 4 beautiful 18 yr olds. So me and the ladies went to the beach, i was bumming more beer from the other guys on the beach then the girls.
yessss
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM

I'll take my hard earned boobies over your easy-breezy-not so beautiful cover girl Arkansas boobies!

Now, that's what I'm talkin aboot!!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:06 AM

You are sorely mistaken, my friend. Arkansas is the "natural state". THAT chicky pooh there is NOT natural!!!! But, I'll give you $10 if you can squeeze your mohawk in the cleavage.....
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by scuba
im not quite as smart as you
Oh...come on, now. He's not that smart. He has a text book in front of him at all times. Just ask his girlfriend. "Okay..#1 Female anatomy.....that's your booby. That's a booty. And, that's a ...uh, uh........" As you can see, he's really a nimrod....
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 AM

Ooops,

I didn't even think there were boobies. I just thought that was a ploy. Sorry for almost getting you banned.

Eitherway I have not read every single post on here but is it possible that just your right bank cam gear is off by lets say a few extra teeth (not sure if that would be enough for it not to start). I remember that is what scared me the most as those cranked so easily that I had a hard time getting the belt back on without them moving. I marked them with chalk when I did mine but I know you can't do that now.

If your belt was a few teeth long and you put on the belt over the crank then the left cam gear and then the right it is possilbe that it it turned that cam gear over a few extra times and it is off (not sure how to get it back correctly as I don't remember there being any marks on it).

Now I don't see why that would exactly make the plugs dry, is that entire rail getting any fuel at all??? but I figured I'd take a shot at it. Remember I have not looked at this in 7 years when I was 18, and I've spent most of my days working on inline diesels.

Good luck and I have a feeling today is the day..you will get it running.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In! Thanks for the chance!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 AM

Always a little late! ...but if you feel like sending the link still?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM

Man what a morning! So my neighbor calls and wakes my hung over arse up to come help with her dog that is having a seizer. What am I to do??? Poor dog I sure hope he is ok…..

Addicted, there is fuel in both rails; the right bank is dry while the left bank is flooded. Here is what I am thinking. The cam on the left bank if off 180 while the right isn’t.

D.C. now that is how to bring the SEXY!!! Right click and save in the spank bank

I am going to take the belt off and try turning the left bank one revolution….if it’s on the exhaust side that should fix it???
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Staff

turning the left bank wont do anything. It is still a 360 degree rotation. So its right back where it started. Match the marks up, and you will be right on.

Like i said, the cam gears are 2x the size of the crank gear for a reason. For every one turn of the cam gear, the crank turns twice.

Just match up all 3 match marks, get the correct belt on there, get the dizzy in correctly, and you will be fine.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM

After reading everything and looking at the pictures I will agree with what Dc and say that it takes a little time and patience to get the timing set. I have only done one belt on a 6 and it was the third time taking it back apart that we got the timing correct!

At least get a new belt and try to get the marks matched up and then take some new pictures of what you end up with...
Old 07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

x2!

Link?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Staff

lol you can't just say "x2"
Old 07-31-2008, 12:51 PM

turning the left bank wont do anything. It is still a 360 degree rotation. So its right back where it started. Match the marks up, and you will be right on.

Like i said, the cam gears are 2x the size of the crank gear for a reason. For every one turn of the cam gear, the crank turns twice.

Just match up all 3 match marks, get the correct belt on there, get the dizzy in correctly, and you will be fine.
I don't know what I was thinking with that....I need to grow a foot on the end of my arm and kick my self in the JUNK!!!
I have lined up all 4 marks I'll go take some pictures. also tried turning the dizzy while my lady cranked it over, went all the way advanced to the #6 terminal and as retarted as it would turn. still not even a back fire.....
The belt I am using came off the 92 motor and it was running so I know the belt is correct, also with all the cranking it still is lined up.

Quick Reply: I need engine help