Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some advice!

Hey, I kinda have a dilema on hand. I know what I want to do but would like some input on the subject. I have a really good friend that has a competition rockcrawler and is a true pal when it comes to upgrades etc. He just wants some real buddies to wheel with. Anyway, a guy owed him some money and he collected on a truck with a blown motor. That truck happened to have a 22RE. I told him I would buy the injection off of it and that was that. He called me today and told me that he was moving and needed to get it out of his yard and that I could have the entire truck for $200.00. We trailered it and it's in my backyard as we speak. This is a 2WD 88 Automatic pickup that is as clean as any 88 I've ever seen. It doesn't have one dent and the interior is immaculate and the more I look at the thing, it would be a waste to treat it as a parts truck. But, I told him that I was gonna swap the fuel injection, bed, doors, and maybe the cab. Cause my truck is carbuerated and is beat to hell. I could swap it up and have a brand new truck that would eventually wind up beat again. I was gonna sell my mustang to fund my truck mods, and buy a honda or something. But now this has come up. I could rebuild that motor and have a great little yota and sell my car to fund my 4x4. I know this is a pretty obvious question, but he sold me the truck "pretty much under the impression that I would use the parts for "my" yota". Would I be a jerk if I rebuilt the motor on the 2WD and daily drove it? If I went to a junkyard and bought fuel injection for my 4x4, would that make up for it? I need some opinions!!

Last edited by lcopelan22; 11-20-2003 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:32 PM

he gave it to ya because he didnt want to move it. do what you want with it, it yours. i would , and i think he would understand your position and give you the thumbs up. if it bothers you call him up and just tell him like you told us, the truth will always.....wait for it ....make you fell better (though i was gonna say set you free uh?)
Old 11-20-2003, 11:46 PM

You say he is a buddy of yours, so i dont think it would bother him. i had a similar situation a few years back. bought a parts car off my uncle, wound up repairing it and was able to sell it. my uncle didnt mind one bit. i bought it off of him. it was my vehicle. go for it man. no worries
Old 11-21-2003, 04:22 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: I need some advice!

Originally posted by lcopelan22
Hey, I kinda have a dilema on hand. I know what I want to do but would like some input on the subject. I have a really good friend that has a competition rockcrawler and is a true pal when it comes to upgrades etc. He just wants some real buddies to wheel with. Anyway, a guy owed him some money and he collected on a truck with a blown motor. That truck happened to have a 22RE. I told him I would buy the injection off of it and that was that. He called me today and told me that he was moving and needed to get it out of his yard and that I could have the entire truck for $200.00. We trailered it and it's in my backyard as we speak. This is a 2WD 88 Automatic pickup that is as clean as any 88 I've ever seen. It doesn't have one dent and the interior is immaculate and the more I look at the thing, it would be a waste to treat it as a parts truck. But, I told him that I was gonna swap the fuel injection, bed, doors, and maybe the cab. Cause my truck is carbuerated and is beat to hell. I could swap it up and have a brand new truck that would eventually wind up beat again. I was gonna sell my mustang to fund my truck mods, and buy a honda or something. But now this has come up. I could rebuild that motor and have a great little yota and sell my car to fund my 4x4. I know this is a pretty obvious question, but he sold me the truck "pretty much under the impression that I would use the parts for "my" yota". Would I be a jerk if I rebuilt the motor on the 2WD and daily drove it? If I went to a junkyard and bought fuel injection for my 4x4, would that make up for it? I need some opinions!!
If he is your friend, just honestly tell him what you wrote for us. If he doesn't understand, then he wasn't much of a friend. In the end, the truck is yours, do with it what you wish, just tell him as a courtesy to your friendship. It is always nice to find out things from your friends and not second hand, like in a thread on a forum!