Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Here's a VERY good topic

Old 06-04-2003, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a VERY good topic

how does your girlfriend/wife feel about spending money on your truck? Do you guys hide the truth and try to somehow justify it?

"uh.... i need S/C Because i can tow better(you have nothing to tow)"

"My headlights are dim, i need 4more Foglights for safety(you already have 2pairs)"

"I need bigger tires for better traction mine's worn out(80+%tread left)"

"I need a Borla exhaust cuz mine's broken(ur still covered under warranty)"

when they go "tsk tsk tsk do you know what we can do with that kind of money?" what do you say?

My GF just looks at me and says..."uh...honey why dont you spend some more money on your clothes instead of wearing your "Pukemon T-Shirt?(pictures of Pokemons getting wasted and throwing up)"

Last edited by 2001Millrunner; 06-04-2003 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:41 AM

Ahhhh...let me tell ya it's a biatch being single

Do I buy the s/c?? Hmmmmmm....ok. What else do I want??

lol
Old 06-04-2003, 05:46 AM

Re: Here's a VERY good topic

Originally posted by 2001Millrunner
how does your girlfriend/wife feel about spending money on your truck? Do you guys hide the truth and try to somehow justify it?

"uh.... i need S/C Because i can tow better(you have nothing to tow)"

"My headlights are dim, i need 4more Foglights for safety(you already have 2pairs)"

"I need bigger tires for better traction mine's worn out(80+%tread left)"

"I need a Borla exhaust cuz mine's broken(ur still covered under warranty)"

when they go "tsk tsk tsk do you know what we can do with that kind of money?" what do you say?

I just tell her its my money!
Old 06-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Here's a VERY good topic

Originally posted by Vato Loco
I just tell her its my money!
Ouch! I tried that once and it wasnt so pleasant of an outcome.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:54 AM

She's not a big fan of changing something that isn't broke or worn out, but she's all for upgrading as stuff dies. When these 31's wear out, they will be replaced with 33's... that sort of thing.

She actually earns a good bit more then me, and our household expenses, savings, fun-money, the baby, bills, etc. take up a very good portion of our total earnings. There simply isn't hundreds and hundreds of dollars laying around for unnecessary expenditures.

When we do save up an "extra" grand or something, it usually goes into home improvements, not lifts and big tires. My wife is smart with money, and dragged me out of a hole of debt when we got married, so you won't hear me complaining.

If we had the extra, she wouldn't care what I did with my portion.

There are 2 kinds of wives. The ones who won't let YOU spend any money out of spite, and the ones who just don't have it to spare. We're the latter... that's life.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:00 AM

pfdaxe-

First of all, that is one sweet 4-Runner. Got a question for ya. I just bought a new 03 V-8 and am slowly begininning to modify the motor. I had a 99' Tacoma extended cab V-6 with pretty much all the TRD mods you have, except I left my intake box stock and just ran with a TRD filter. I was told a couple of times that if added any type of intake system (I saw your Ingen straight pipe and cone filter), that the motor would run too lean. One thing I did do was have the chip reprogrammed by Jet in Cali to up my boost to almost 10 psi. I guess I'm just wondering if you have experienced any probs what so ever with having that intake system?? If not, I am definitely going to look into throwing one on the new Runner along with the blower. Again...you have one dope ride...makes me miss my Tacoma as well as the Lightning I just sold badly. Thanks for any and all input.

Anthony
Old 06-04-2003, 06:05 AM

ugh...i thought this was supposed to be a FUN topic.......:wtf:
Old 06-04-2003, 06:09 AM

haha... Yea I remember saying "Well it's my money" ONCE ...

Now, I generally try to sell toys to buy toys... but I'm running out fast =)
Old 06-04-2003, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sporin
There are 2 kinds of wives. The ones who won't let YOU spend any money out of spite, and the ones who just don't have it to spare. We're the latter... that's life.
I'm with you there. I do consulting work to try to bring in a little extra and I can pretty much do what I want with that - as long as some gets spent on the Mrs. Although, I too get a lot of pressure to dump it into the house.

Since I'm the only one employed (wife raises our 3 kids - tougher job than mine), it's a bit lean at times. In another 3-4 years, she'll probably go back to something part time. She does catering on the side for extra bucks now for "her" money. My paycheck is "our" money and my consulting work gets me "my" money. It's evolved over time, but this seems to work OK. Married 13 years, something must be working...
Old 06-04-2003, 06:15 AM

Anthony:

Thanks!

Off subject:

I took the Injen intake off since it induced too much air into the system. I had it on for a local custom car show. I run with the stock box now. If I had the fuel mods(larger injectors, fuel pump and piggy back puter)I would run an aftermarket intake.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

We are on a strict budget, so if the mod(s) fall into my "blow money" - then I get them. No questions asked.

I have found that complete honesty gets me much farther than trying to pull a fast one on her, in all area's of our life together.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by <96 Runner>
We are on a strict budget, so if the mod(s) fall into my "blow money" - then I get them. No questions asked.
You spend your "blow-money" on your truck? interesting. lol j/k
Old 06-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

I tell her that any performance mod are for better gas mileage and all other mods are for safety.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sabre
You spend your "blow-money" on your truck? interesting. lol j/k
Not this kinda "blow" money!

Old 06-04-2003, 06:48 AM

you guys are killing me
Old 06-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by <96 Runner>
Not this kinda "blow" money!

No...No...I meant this kind of "Blow Money"

EDIT: Image attachment removed. HBoss.

Last edited by HBoss; 06-04-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

I used to feel really guilty when I would tell my girfriend that I bought something else for the 4Runner. I would say things like, "it only cost $xxx.xx" and that figure would always be about 15% less than what I actually spent. Then I would usually follow up with a statement like "It's my hobby." I think she started to catch on that it became my obsession when she asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I gave her a Performance Products catalog with so many items circled.
But then she smartened up and dumped my @ss at the end of April after being together for over three years. I'm not bitter though. The first thing I did was go to the tire shop and order a set of M/T R's the next day. And guess what's on the way? A TJM T-15 Bull Bar and Hella 500 fog lamps. Do I feel guilty anymore? HELL NO!! I'm just realizing that I better get it out of my system before the next girl comes around. This is going to be a great summer!!!
Bring on the mods and the b!tches!!!!!

Last edited by TStango; 06-04-2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:19 AM

Originally posted by pfdaxe
Anthony:

Thanks!

Off subject:

I took the Injen intake off since it induced too much air into the system. I had it on for a local custom car show. I run with the stock box now. If I had the fuel mods(larger injectors, fuel pump and piggy back puter)I would run an aftermarket intake.
Wanna give me that injen intake?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:34 AM

My girlfriend is always telling me that things I want to do are excessive and I dont need them. So I tell her that her car is excessive and she didn't need a new cam and she doesn't need a new transmission, bucket seats, floor shifter and the like. So we end in a draw.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:36 AM

Well...I wouldn't "give" it to anyone. But I did sell it after the show in January.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here's a VERY good topic