Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

backed into my sister's house today

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy backed into my sister's house today

I gave my sister the present of backing into her house on this wonderful Christmas. Don't know what happened, I guess just not paying attention(like an A-hole). I wish I had a good excuse, like too much egg nog. I didn't damage her house, just smashed a section of gutter into a pancake. The gutter scratched up rear quarter panel and the screws that hold up the gutter took a nice chunk out of the plastic below the taillight. I was pissed all day and couldn't wait to get home to search around to see if I could find the part online. Looked for a while without any luck. Any help, please? Should I just take it to a body shop? It's a new 04 SR5 V6, galactic grey.
Thanks.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaluver
dude no offence but buy a real truck
That's true, too much dang plastic on these new trucks, and I'm sad to say Toyota has followed the trend. But it would jsut be best to have a body shop look at it. If your local Toy dealer has a body shop, go there, my best estimates have come from our local Toyota body shop, and they gave amazing customer services like always and did awsome work. It's not going to be cheep though. Toy parts cost $$$ if you haven't yet learned that.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

I thought you were looking for the part to replace your sister's gutter
Old 12-25-2004, 05:48 PM

My tail lights won't fit.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

Old 12-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

Rattlecan & Exo it after you take the Sawzall to it.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at the bright side you found this board
Old 12-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member

Lowes sells the guttering or home depot. Shouldnt be too much
Old 12-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like your sister needs to exo cage her house and you need some training wheels.

Yep, way too much plastic on everything these days...that's why I now have custom REAL STEEL front and rear bumpers.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

I like how people preface an insult with "no offence" like that makes it okay to flame someone. "No offence" Yotaluver, but my guess is Rinkrat's fancy-schmancy 4th gen would tromp all over your little 2nd gen, with its traction control, bigger engine, better brakes, etc. So....if you don't have something helpful to add to the thread, shut your pie hole.

Rinkrat, is the damaged part removable? You could try www.toyotaparts4u.com, or your local dealer or any number of places to get a replacement piece, but without pics, its hard to know what piece your talking about.

Last edited by Mad Chemist; 12-26-2004 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

hey if its not broken, dont fix it
if it is broken don't fix it, make it better
Old 12-26-2004, 01:47 PM

Mad Chemist and Stump, thanks for the input. Truly, I expected to get ripped for telling the truth, but I figured it was worth it for one or two "real" replies. Just a stupid friekin move on my part.
I'll try to get a picture up, but it is the piece that starts below the taillight and wraps around up to the rear wheel, the lower panel or valence. The fender/panel popped off (clips) from the pressure and I was able to just snap it back on with exception of one clip in the back behind the rear door that broke. I plan to take it to a body shop 1st thing in the morning to get and opinion and estimate and search around. I play hockey with a guy who owns a body shop but I do not hear good things about his work. Torn there too.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

I blame the sister...

Dude I blame your sister... she should'nt have put her house there... No flame intended but if you can shift the blame why not? (the gov't does it all the time). So far as the down spout thing goes a couple of bucks at homer depot will fix that. If you want to stop that problem in the future you could offer to install a nice steel post and fill it with concrete and paint it blaze yellow...bwah-ha-ha-ha Sorry I could'nt resist
to bad about the truck though it is so new you probably won't have much luck at a wrecker... happy holidays anyway Aviator
Old 12-26-2004, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by RinkRat
Just a stupid friekin move on my part.
Your not alone we have all done stupid things, fix it and move on
Old 12-30-2004, 03:01 PM

don't fix it... your truck just earned some charachter.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:53 PM

Check your brake fluid
Old 12-31-2004, 03:07 PM

the email update I got was this 'backed into my sister's ho...
Old 01-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RinkRat
Mad Chemist and Stump, thanks for the input. Truly, I expected to get ripped for telling the truth, but I figured it was worth it for one or two "real" replies. Just a stupid friekin move on my part.
I'll try to get a picture up, but it is the piece that starts below the taillight and wraps around up to the rear wheel, the lower panel or valence. The fender/panel popped off (clips) from the pressure and I was able to just snap it back on with exception of one clip in the back behind the rear door that broke. I plan to take it to a body shop 1st thing in the morning to get and opinion and estimate and search around. I play hockey with a guy who owns a body shop but I do not hear good things about his work. Torn there too.
Don't worry about what some people in the thread said. The good thing about the plastic cladding is you can take it off road and the rock rash won't show. The 4th gen. is a real truck, and everyone makes mistakes .
Old 01-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaluver
dude no offence but buy a real truck
Actually that V8 is really something. His 4Runner has a 8" front IFS diff with front coils, that work extremely well. Your truck on the other hand has a 7.5" front diff on torsion bars that don't work really at all, one of the biggest mistakes Toyota made and they fixed it in 95.5. Also your rear diff is a measly 4cly version, not real strong. He has at least a V6 8" and those things might even have the non TRD Tacoma style 8+" rear diff.

The 4th Gen is a real truck. Your would be if you dumped a few grand and an All Pro Off Road streight axle conversion kit into it.

Also got rust? They also made the 3rd and 4th gens bodies out of an alloy metal that so far has done a great job of not rusting. 96's in the rust belt are holding up so far. 9 years out.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Chemist
I like how people preface an insult with "no offence" like that makes it okay to flame someone. "No offence" Yotaluver, but my guess is Rinkrat's fancy-schmancy 4th gen would tromp all over your little 2nd gen, with its traction control, bigger engine, better brakes, etc. So....if you don't have something helpful to add to the thread, shut your pie hole.
Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Actually that V8 is really something. His 4Runner has a 8" front IFS diff with front coils, that work extremely well. Your truck on the other hand has a 7.5" front diff on torsion bars that don't work really at all, one of the biggest mistakes Toyota made and they fixed it in 95.5. Also your rear diff is a measly 4cly version, not real strong. He has at least a V6 8" and those things might even have the non TRD Tacoma style 8+" rear diff.

The 4th Gen is a real truck. Your would be if you dumped a few grand and an All Pro Off Road streight axle conversion kit into it.

Also got rust? They also made the 3rd and 4th gens bodies out of an alloy metal that so far has done a great job of not rusting. 96's in the rust belt are holding up so far. 9 years out.
I have to agree on this one.
I would get a 4th gen in a second if they weren't so expensive up here.

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 01-02-2005 at 06:48 AM.

Quick Reply: backed into my sister's house today