86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

RedDemon 87 4runner sr5 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool RedDemon 87 4runner sr5 Turbo

ok so i'm going slow at this but hey its moving. Just put in ah 1" bore MC from low range off road. Hardest part of it all was getting the right 90 degree bend on the rear line too screw into the MC. I had too bleed all the lines. Old fluids was thick stuff. last owner had new fluids in the bottle only. Gonna have too get those v6 calipers for the front, brake pedal feels harder now from the last MC i took out. It feels like it didn't give me better stopping power but for sure its gonna only take one pump of the brakes now instead of two
Attached Thumbnails RedDemon 87 4runner sr5 Turbo-image.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up

i had too add this, didn't really take pix's when i was changing out my dead 22rte a340h. Stupid thing still got new parts on it plus filter. Pulled it cause it lost "R" and "2". Started off acting up. Not wanting too go up hill with out good rolling start.(i think that was when i lost second gear) when i did ah manual shift test, that's when i lost reverse. so i didn't have a nice pool of cash too start off or else i would of went with the 5-speed swap
Had money for ah used a340h out of ah 88 4runner v6. Picked that up
Then i had too change just a-little too make it work. Bell housing, cross member had too be shaved down a-little too clear the drive shaft from grinding the cross member if i'm calling it right.(it holds the transfer case and tranny up.) the v6 a340h trans has shorter wires then the old one, so i had too extend the wires so they would plug into each other. Broke ah fly wheel bolt so i'm only running 5 sucks i still gotta open her up again too fix that. The four low on the new trans works good, have not tried the four high yet?
More projects too post up when i get too them.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM

Talking

I think this one was the v6 a340h

Last edited by Munkymag; 06-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Talking

Bad pixs but all i have from when i did this plug n play.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 PM

Cool

my rain-gutter roof rack system came in.
well better more then not enough, was trying too clear the moon roof got extra two n half or three inches over. Just in case, next would be ah cagE
Had too clear the moon roof so the glass can open if i run the cage more too the front.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM

Talking Km2's came in.

My first set of tires for wheeling. Had to replace the old worn out with one nail in it km1. Kind of good other then that it can't hold pressure. Also an ok hankook dynapro mt that will become ah spare. Working on getting ah set for the front ASAP still got too mount them. Been hunting on trails with bfg AT, so these bfg MT should be nICe
Old 06-17-2014, 03:26 PM

Red face

They look mean.
Took them out saturday morning. Wasn't planing on any real 4x4 was just taking it out too see if it overheats. Gonna have too go back and take pictures. But any ways, i found ah Jeep club trail. took the trail going up hill. Nice easy one from the trail signs even if it said it was harder for cars then avt's, dirt bike, etc. found out i need too get new cv axles, making a lot of noise.

Last edited by Munkymag; 06-22-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice runner, those KM2 are going to look sweet on it! Did you step up in tire size, or did you already have 33's on it before?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Thanks rustedyota83
Naw the last owner from what the members here said looks like he added 3" bodylift, maxed the torsin bars and add ah leaf spring. Yes i'm just replaceing tires of the same size. Hopefully by this weekend i can get some time too get them on the yota.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Great looking runner you have. Dont see many turbos around here. I have ridden in one and it is alot quicker then the average runner.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 AM

thanks. my uncle got ah nonturbo runner 85' and yeah the turbo pulls more, but I got ah crack on the exhaste side of the turbo. it doesn't hold boost well but working on putting in ah ct26 turbo. thats when I get the money right.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:22 PM

Wink

Hella 500 black magic driving lightS
I did sum night driving for the first time. Was driving up ah nice mountain road too lake helmet. I really need help on the low beam lights. Gonna pick up ah set of hellA's driving lights. High beam works good but thats high beam. Plus, always wanted ah set of these. when they get in i'll post pictures.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:01 PM

Talking Love these km2.

Got them on guyS
Love the feel on the rear end on up hill climbs. Found ah jeep club trail also(too easy)
Saving for front end set.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 PM

Cool Gotta help it cool longer.

so i've been thinking let me try too add free-on this time with the flush, forgot or more like didn't even put it in last time. Plus i also added this water wetter thing too help keep this turbo motor running cooler.
O yeah members my tracking number says by end of day 2morrow for my extra running lights (hella 500 bm) will post up pictures when i get them on.

Last edited by Munkymag; 06-24-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Very nice! I have a Holset HX35 that I plan on slapping on my 4runner this winter.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:40 PM

Wink Got dem in.

O yeah i love the light. Its not much but from where it was, too where its at its all hellA good bright just were i need it.

Last edited by Munkymag; 06-28-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
A friend of mine has a turbo truck. It would start stumbling when the turbo kicked in. It took an electrical engineer to figure out the problem but he wound up cutting two resistor in the ECM. He found it in a thread called "ECM Turbo Stumbles" or something like that and it really woke the motor up. I guess it is a fairly common problem on these. Where ever he found it, it was a great write up. I couldn't find the time of day on the internet, and have tried to find it, but it is out there if you are able to find your way around the net. He thought his was an exhaust leak causing an issue as well. When I see him again, I will try to see if he still has it on his computer somewhere.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 PM

Wink New trans oil.

Doing ah trans flush. Well working on one. Drained out the oil stuff from when i changed out the trans. The color of the fluids were dirty too. Red but ah dirty red. I should drain the transfer case too but it's gonna take more oil too fill. Gotta get ah filter now too. also running ah bottle of trans sea foam too help out the cleaning. Lets see.

Last edited by Munkymag; 07-12-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Terrys87
A friend of mine has a turbo truck. It would start stumbling when the turbo kicked in. It took an electrical engineer to figure out the problem but he wound up cutting two resistor in the ECM. He found it in a thread called "ECM Turbo Stumbles" or something like that and it really woke the motor up. I guess it is a fairly common problem on these. Where ever he found it, it was a great write up. I couldn't find the time of day on the internet, and have tried to find it, but it is out there if you are able to find your way around the net. He thought his was an exhaust leak causing an issue as well. When I see him again, I will try to see if he still has it on his computer somewhere.
nICe let me know. I'm still gonna have too get ah new turbo cause of the crack on the exhaust housing. never knew about that side of the boost leaking. ThankS

Quick Reply: RedDemon 87 4runner sr5 Turbo