Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eh its ok just a runner owner looking for genuine cup holders LOL
Old 11-15-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
eh its ok just a runner owner looking for genuine cup holders LOL
That's why this one got put in lol. There is a thread on here somewhere that a guy used a 3rd gen runner console with rear heat, only draw back with that would be the hole for the E brake lever.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:42 PM

i was looking at yours an how it could be cut an trimmed to replace the switch an pocket area on our factory one bit of plastic working then paint
Old 11-15-2014, 03:47 PM

i was looking at yours an how it could be cut an trimmed to replace the switch an pocket area on our factory one bit of plastic working then paint
The cup holder part of this one is removable as well, I wanted to use the whole thing because it is much taller, I will snap some more pics for ya in the morning, I still have to finish the rear mount anyway.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
You have done an excellent job on the hood and looks like you are cranking out the work. You got the switch moved which is something I have been wanting to get done as well and it will keep the switch from getting dirt in it. Also looking forward to your center console results. I am up all night as I am doing a 12 hour shift if you want to give me a holler. Getting some work done, great job!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Spent some time yesterday trying to mount my new to me front bumper, the bumper it's self is straight but the brackets I have are bent much worse than I thought as are the end caps, after a couple hours I got fed up and quit for awhile, I'll tackle it again the next time I'm home. As for now it's back to work time.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:24 AM

my brackets were pretty bent up too jason i used hammer anvil an the vice to get um back into some semblance of shape the drivers side on mine is still too tight to the body an i used several washers stacked behind it to get enough gap to help
Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM

my brackets were pretty bent up too jason i used hammer anvil an the vice to get um back into some semblance of shape the drivers side on mine is still too tight to the body an i used several washers stacked behind it to get enough gap to help
I tried several different things too get them straight but it seemed the more I worked the worse it got lol. I'll take another crack at it when I get back home
Old 12-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Well I spent a little more time trying to get this bumper mounted up. I went to the local salvage yard and picked up the filler piece that mounts to the bumper, I also came across a pair of bumperets on a 2wd I've never seen them before but I thought they would be a nice addition to mine, I had to drill 2 holes to get them mounted but I like them.

Name:  CECFBBB0-EB6D-4242-A4B8-87FFF4138144_zpsxenlad10.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  68164540-EA96-43CC-B34F-8E02497BAD95_zpsyuybknol.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  82.1 KB

Still need to pull it back off and paint it I also still need to move it to the right some but I'm gaining.
I also thought I would try and get the front turn signals working so I grabbed a couple signal buckets, cleaned them up plugged them up and checked them with a test light and all was good, picked up a couple bulbs put them in a wala nothing no dash indicators nothing ugh, have to dig into that now but I will get.
Not sure when I'll get back to it but it's coming along, that's it for now thanks for checking in guys.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:00 PM

those bumperettes look NICE
you might have to do like i did bulb on a couple wires pluged into the harness for the rear an a test light in the front
sockets can be bad wires not making contact in the harness pain in the ring gear but its why wiring in automotive gets paid more than even body work
Old 12-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

That first picture showing the front end with the hood black and the new bumper just really looks great. I can already see the bumper with fresh paint what it is going to do for the looks.

Something I just caught on to, but I thinking you may have an 85 grill on. Got me to wondering if that is the 85 or 86? I am not sure. I am going to look into it. I am sure 85 have Toyota like yours and the double bar, but not sure what the 86s actually had.

I would bet the bulb holder just has corrosion on it. I am hoping to get back on my 85 and that is one thing I will be working on next and will get some pics.

Your runner is coming along nicely.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:56 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
Love that hood decal!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
Love that hood decal!
Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM

Spent some time on the phone with Terry, the other day sorting out the vacuum lines and a few other things, replaced the thermostat, finally installed the front mud flaps I've had laying around, but not much else. Just been driving the old girl and LOVING it. She still has a long way to go but she seems very stable at the moment. I plan to get a lot buttoned up with it the end of next month when I'm up at Terry's. Kinda on the run at the moment so this is just a quick update. Thanks for checking in.

P.s. The turn signals started working I love it when when stuff fixes itself lol.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Looking forward to it. I was going to call you, I got the 26-28 of February and March 1st off.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 AM

A few weeks back I changed out the cold start injector thinking it would help with my semi hard start issue. It did not. Add one more thing to the list for terry to help figure out in a couple weeks lol. It's also leaking coolant, I assume from the heater core neck, it's not real bad but another thing I have to dig into.
I have been driving the old girl pretty regularly when I'm home and loving it, still seems like I have a long way to go but I'm finally getting to enjoy it.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:40 PM

if the cold start isnt to blame then the CST switch is or worse a wire in the system
Old 02-15-2015, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
A few weeks back I changed out the cold start injector thinking it would help with my semi hard start issue. It did not. Add one more thing to the list for terry to help figure out in a couple weeks lol. It's also leaking coolant, I assume from the heater core neck, it's not real bad but another thing I have to dig into.
I have been driving the old girl pretty regularly when I'm home and loving it, still seems like I have a long way to go but I'm finally getting to enjoy it.
Hey Jason,, I had and still have the same issue hard start when it's cold out. I replaced the cold start auxiliary valve, which stays open until truck is warm, accelerated, also my cold start injector is good since I checked it, spraying with good pressure. When winter is here,,it never starts, I have to spray starting fluid in the air intake to get it to start,but I still have to try several times which some of the times do not even start. The battery gets weak and I have to jump it to finally get it running. I do not know the mystery of these, I do not know what else to check...cold start injector checked, cold start auxiliary valve CHECHED, cold start sensor checked, full pump replaced, air intake cleaned up, fuel treated...ANY IDEA WHAT WOULD BE THE ISSUE IF YOU OR ANYONE HAS HAD THIS ISSUE? This is mainly over night. Once I start it, stop for a while then start it again,no problem. Thanks!

Last edited by Chaviator; 02-15-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:57 AM

if the cold start isnt to blame then the CST switch is or worse a wire in the system
Hey there! How would I know if the cold start timing switch is not good? It works together with the cold start injector right? My cold start injector has pressure and spraying lots of gas when first cold start in the morning. Any ideas or suggestions when truck never starts in the morning when is cold out, please let me know, I am really tired of spraying starting fluid in the air intake and also have to jump start it since battery gets weak for trying to start truck so many times....

I have never had the cold start injector to fail, it is the timing switch that fails. It is the brown sensor below the thermostat. Haynes manual has a great check for it. Test at room temperture and then stick in the freezer for about 15 minutes and test again. I would be that is the part that is failing.

So Terry, if I install a new cst switch in there do you think that would solve my truck's issue of not starting up in the morning in cold weather? I have never tested this sensor, but I have taken it out cleaned it with a fine wire brush and reinstalled it some time ago and no difference...

Last edited by Chaviator; 02-15-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Continuance of thread...
Old 02-15-2015, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Looking forward to you getting out here and seeing what we can find on it and get to the way you would like it.

Quick Reply: Jason in tn's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread