Terrys87 83 Build Restore

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I try them but they never get back ...maybe my english is not good as i tought

http://www.stautopart.com/
in the product section.
1979-83 parts.

They got lots of stuff if you get an answer let me know.

EDIT: Found another one :
< http://www.jppautopart.com/detail.php?mid=8
Think they still on the market .

Marc.

Last edited by marcfj-45; 10-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM

Where are you located at terrys87? I have a '83 cab with near mint floorboards in it.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello marcfj45...I will check them out. I found that site again and it was JC Whitney. I put in the trucks info andit brought me back to the same $39 floor pans, I then talked to a representative online and he said it wouldnt work. I have the info on my laptop at work and can post it later when I get it.

I did see on Toyotanattion, that some said they were available but they didnt leave a link.

I will look at the site you posted. Thanks

Hello southernz.. How are you doing? I live in Anderson, Mo about 45 minutes south of Joplin. I would be interested in the floor pans. Like I said earlier, these trucks are hard to find and parts are harder. I will send you a PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

marcfj-45..Here is the product number I was talking about earlier. It was on JC Whitneys wesite but the representaive said it wasnt it. Product Number: 14673G.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Got somethings going on and with the weather turning bad it is going to slow down for a little bit. Did have to get some rattle can paint and a gallon of bondo adding another $22 to the cost of the truck.

It will be a little bit before I can put any money into it to speak of, but for now I am content with getting things cleaned up and prepped so when I do get to the assembly stage, cleaning wont be the hold up.

I had quite abit of time into getting rust off of the parts and just got the rough part of the body work done on the tail gate. It is a ways off from seeing paint so I just did the deeper dents and put a coat of primer on just to keep surface rust off.

Just a few more parts on getting done and going into the shed.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
marcfj-45..Here is the product number I was talking about earlier. It was on JC Whitneys wesite but the representaive said it wasnt it. Product Number: 14673G.
Will let you try them first...lol!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

marcfj-45..Without going overseas, I think it is a lost cause. Slacker even thought about making some and he said the sales just wasnt there.

Sure wish we had the support like Ford,Chevy, and Dodge have. They have access to LMC truck and Orginal Parts Group. Wish I had the know how to have a company like that. You can practically build a truck from the parts they have access too.

Not much really going on. Did get the bed completly loose and just got to get a hand on getting it lifted off. I want to get the frame cleaned and painted and then start getting the cab back on. The weather has turned cold here quick so that will slow things down.

I was trying to atleast get the engine bay painted, but the time and funds didnt allow for that, so will see how things go for the next week or so.

I am hoping to have a shop in a month, just getting quotes and everything is slow. Things dont happen overnite. It would be nice to get things out of the weather.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM

This is the radio i was talking about fit the hole adjustable shaft jack 1/8 for more cash you can have the usb
http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/9
BLING BLING FOR YOTA!!!

No more bezel rape!!

EDIT...EDIT...EDIT Just found gold!!!! Looking thru the pic of this site found.......TOYOTA 1983 set up with this radio....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cntstpd...7621950378103/

Marc.

Last edited by marcfj-45; 10-20-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Thanks marcfj-45...That is something I would like to have. Where a stock dash will take a up to date radio. I have one dash uncut and will make it work some how.

Hey I got to meet jason in tn.. Really a great guy. He happened to be in my area and I got to show him the runner that I did and it was really nice talking to another Toyota enthusiast. Got to visit for an hour or so and had a great time.

Had me laughing about our "learning experiences" or things not to do when working on trucks. Glad I am not the only one that things dont always go right before.

He has helped me alot on the phone when I do bodywork and I got questions. It is nice just to get some reassurance or questions answered and he is always ready for some answers. I learned helping in a bodyshop and then mostly on my projects, but still nowhere near being a pro, but it helps just having some one on the other end of the line when confidence is low.

Thanks Jason, really appricate it and hope you get in the area again sometime. Really enjoyed meeting you. Your a great guy.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

This build is turning into a 79,81,83 build. I got another cab that is a 79 SR5. It is in alot better shape then what I have. It also has tilt and AC. Has some rust on the windshield post and on the very back of the cab.

I have been helping a friend on his truck and he got this truck given to him and he gave me the cab. I have been spending alot of time on his and several other things so I have been a little slow on working on mine and updating my thread.

I will still fix the old cab at a later date. It is fixable and I want to learn on that cab. I am hoping I can have this truck driveable soon. This new cab will speed things up. I got the bed unbolted, just got to get some help on getting it off and get the frame painted and then start reassembling.

I still havent looked at my motor, it has been sitting 5 years so who knows.But it is looking more like a possibilty soon.

All in all the cab seems to be in excellent shape. I may need to replace the passenger door. The engine compartment and underneath has had a rubber coating applied to it so I will just go with a black engine compartment.

Just got to get the time to start getting it togther. This is going to get me alot further along. So I am starting to see the possibilities.

Engine Compartment and AC.

Tach

Mr nosey and the rust on the front.

Guages
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Thanks marcfj-45...That is something I would like to have. Where a stock dash will take a up to date radio. I have one dash uncut and will make it work some how.

Hey I got to meet jason in tn.. Really a great guy. He happened to be in my area and I got to show him the runner that I did and it was really nice talking to another Toyota enthusiast. Got to visit for an hour or so and had a great time.

Had me laughing about our "learning experiences" or things not to do when working on trucks. Glad I am not the only one that things dont always go right before.

He has helped me alot on the phone when I do bodywork and I got questions. It is nice just to get some reassurance or questions answered and he is always ready for some answers. I learned helping in a bodyshop and then mostly on my projects, but still nowhere near being a pro, but it helps just having some one on the other end of the line when confidence is low.

Thanks Jason, really appricate it and hope you get in the area again sometime. Really enjoyed meeting you. Your a great guy.

hey terry very nice meeting you as well, look forward to meeting up again.
sweet deal on the new cab your gonna have this thing together before you know it.
you will have to start another project now I mean you already have the cab LOL.
hope allis well with you.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Jason.. I now have a extra cab and a short narrow bed. Wish I did have a shortbed frame. I will always have some kind of project. Keeps me off of the couch.lol
Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Things are not going as quick as I would like. Been tied up on other projects, but have made a little progress. I am working on a friends truck and got his bumper looking really good. Since I took the picture, I scratched the end of it and had to work on the scratch. I have a bout 5 hours into it over a 3 day period.

I got the bed off of the frame on mine. Still trying to get the frame cleaned and painted. I am ready to get the cab back on, but getting the frame painted is the hold up.

The frame is really solid. A little surface rust and the normal places for frame rot is great. I did some body work on the cab. The back has a few dings and on each side of the cab there is a couple of dings. It is great on the back and sides.

The roof of the cab is another story. I dont think I have worked on a Toyota that hasnt had some kind of damage to them. I will get pics of the bodywork later. Still not finished. I am going to get the front half of the frame done so as to start putting it back togther.Wahoo!!!

Bumper I did for a friend.

Rear half of frame with bed off.

Frame finally bare.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 AM

lookin good dude
Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Thanks 86.. little by little I will get it there. It is going alot slower then I would like, but have been helping others on things and about to get a few things wrapped up so maybe I can get after this soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Things are going as fast as I would like. Not necessarily the money that is the hold up, still havent had to put anything into it, just needing the time to get to hit and the extra hands to help move things around.

My plans for now are to get the front half of the frame painted and get the cab back on to the frame. Then I will start on getting the motor apart and seeing its condition. I am having high hopes of it being reasonably cheap to fix and get going and get it in the truck as soon as possible. I am hoping to have it moving under its own power before years end.

I did get the back of the cab roughed in. There is still alot of sanding and priming to do, but until I get the doors and everything else ready for paint it is a good stopping point for now. The cab is still needing a small spot in the floor fixed, the windshield post and cab roof has alot of dents in it. It is still on the back of my flatbed and too high to reach for now and imagine the flat bed is ready for it to come off of the truck.

Plans for now are

Paint frame
Cab on frame
Start working on motor
While waiting on motor parts I will continue doing body work.

The bed will be the last part to get any bodywork or it will be just if I dont have anything else to do or while waiting on funds.

Hope this gives an idea how I plan on getting this going. I am really hoping to start making some noticeable progress here in the next couple of weeks. Things should slow down that I can get to do more on this.

Back of Cab done.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man that story sound familiar, we are about in the same spot on the same project on different trucks and in the same state....how wierd.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello dirtdobber. You really arent that far from me by a straight line, but there just isnt any straight roads from here to there. Maybe we will get them going abut the same time. I am looking forward to getting to take mine for a drive.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

I got the front half of the frame painted and the cab sitting on the frame. I took some more pics but my cell phone just is doing the greatest. Seeing it on the frame picked my hopes up.

Still aways to go, but I can see this as a truck again and the possibilites. I got a couple of my other things that were holding me up done now so maybe I can get some more time on the truck.

Still need to get the back half done. Got a door on and waiting for another door.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM

your really cruisin along on this truck, cant wait to see it done good job dude!

Quick Reply: Terrys87 83 Build Restore