Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (Second Owner) **$SOLD***

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (Second Owner) **$SOLD***

SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!

I bought this rig a couple years ago and slowly started to tear it down and repaint it. The body panels were from a 1981 Toyota Pickup 2WD I got from VA including converting it to round eyes (much better IMO). The truck itself came from AZ. I had it shipped to me in Pennsylvania (outside of Philadelphia).

It has over 300k miles on it, but the previous owner kept up with the maintenance and from what she said the tranny and motor were rebuilt some time ago. I have no paperwork to prove this but the motor is quiet and the tranny is smooth/clutch feels great. The interior needs work, but I have a set of nice vintage buckets (period correct, but not Toyota) as well as the original bench seat (needs recovering). The floors have some rot and I started cutting the driver's side pan out. I have decent door panels and a brand new carpet kit that will be included in the sale.

I also have just about every part new in the box to do RUF's and the Chevy 63" swap. I also have cross over steering (Trail Gear) new in the box along with a Marlin steering stabilizer, front axle rebuild kit, IFS box with weld on plate and hardware, extended brakelines, new shock towers (trail gear) and rear shock tabs to relocate the rear shocks. I also have a stock rear from an '86 mini (wider) and rear springs from the same truck to give you better flex in combination with the '82's rear springs.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but you get the picture. I am looking to get $4k for everything. I am buying a '72 FJ40 and need to liquidate this to fund the FJ40 build. I am negotiable and willing to sell the truck as is for $3000 without any of the aforementioned parts.

Call or text my cell phone at 302-373-5914 if you need any additional info. I will work with the buyer and assist in shipping anyway I can. It runs and stops fine so getting it onto a trailer is not a problem. It has just been sitting for well over a year and might need minor tinkering to get it back on the road. It was running fine before I tore the body apart, but last time I checked the brand new Optima battery was dead.
Attached Thumbnails 1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (Second Owner)  **$SOLD***-toyota1.jpg   1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (Second Owner)  **$SOLD***-toyota2.jpg   1982 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (Second Owner)  **$SOLD***-toyota-sign-1.jpg  

Last edited by 77lubr; 05-14-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it needs a new battery? Pics of the floor? Interior still stripped out? Is it welded up or are there still holes in the floor? Any bubbling/rust on the bed? 5 speed? Desmogged?

Lots more pics/info would go along way.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by yota81
So it needs a new battery? Pics of the floor? Interior still stripped out? Is it welded up or are there still holes in the floor? Any bubbling/rust on the bed? 5 speed? Desmogged?

Lots more pics/info would go along way.
I am asking $3000 for it. You can sort of fill in the blanks considering the asking price. It's an '82 so it's a 5 speed. '81 was the transitional year which could have came equipped with a 4 or 5 speed. All smog equipment is intact. As the post states I "started" cutting the rot out of the pans and the interior needs to be put back in. That would involve putting the door handles on, hang the mirrors and door panels and put in the carpet. The headliner was not removed.

Bottom line is I could write a dissertation regarding the pros and cons about the vehicle, but I put a little thing called a phone # in the post. With this # you can ask or even text me directly any question you may have.

Last edited by 77lubr; 04-17-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok man.

You have a cool truck there, and I'm casually looking for a 22r/5 speed model....and yes, the round eyes are much better. However, you don't mention the high level details that a car for sale ad should have. Saves your time and mine. You can never tell what 30+ years will do to a vehicle. You never mention what engine or transmission is in it. Could be all stock...who knows? Could be a Chevy 350 and 3 speed auto hooked up for all I know. Also no up close/under hood/interior pics to answer most people's questions. Are the seats in it? For $4k, I'd expect to be able to get in and drive home. You mentioned tearing the body apart.....does it currently look like what the pics show? What 'minor' tinkering is needed?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by yota81
ok man.

You have a cool truck there, and I'm casually looking for a 22r/5 speed model....and yes, the round eyes are much better. However, you don't mention the high level details that a car for sale ad should have. Saves your time and mine. You can never tell what 30+ years will do to a vehicle. You never mention what engine or transmission is in it. Could be all stock...who knows? Could be a Chevy 350 and 3 speed auto hooked up for all I know. Also no up close/under hood/interior pics to answer most people's questions. Are the seats in it? For $4k, I'd expect to be able to get in and drive home. You mentioned tearing the body apart.....does it currently look like what the pics show? What 'minor' tinkering is needed?

Thanks
Your comments are duly noted. Truthfully though, I am not looking for someone who is "casually" looking to buy ANY vehicle I have for sale. Casually is a kind way to describe a tire kicker IMO. Tire kickers are 99.9% of the time looking for a diamond in the rough or something for nothing in my years of experience. Not saying you are, but you are painting a picture by your comments. I am looking for the guy who knows these rigs, understands that a $3000 ($4k is for the additional BRAND NEW parts included which tally over $1500) Toyota is going to be far from perfect, and wants to have a lengthy conversation with me before pulling the trigger. I'm a nice guy. I can talk your ears off if you let me.

Bottom line is I am looking to sell it for a VERY reasonable price. It is a decent rig which needs a day or two to get back on the road. The battery is brand new, but I'm pretty sure the key was left on "ON" which drained it. You may have to get a new battery or you will probably be fine if you charge it. The bed is solid, but not perfect by any means. It had some minor rot from pitting/pinholes along the seam where they all rust, but the bed is solid and will hold an ATV or dirtbike with no problem. Also do not feel like getting into any sort of debate on how I should sell a car on the internet. If you don't like my ad or don't want to call the # I posted than look somewhere else.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Augh, and a good chance i’m Going overseas again.

Bump, and good luck with sale.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:06 AM

Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
I don't want to derail your thread, but where did you get the TOYOTA 4x4 sign? I think it is pretty awesome!

I didn't notice the sign the first time I looked at the pictures.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by old87yota
I don't want to derail your thread, but where did you get the TOYOTA 4x4 sign? I think it is pretty awesome!

I didn't notice the sign the first time I looked at the pictures.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Thanks!! I made it. I have the truck listed on Pirate4x4 and I've had 4 PM's asking my to sell the sign so far. I should think about making them as a side gig, but this one took some serious time. I have lights that go in the center of the letters. It looks awesome when it is lit up.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:53 AM

sold!!