All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

1uz swap into 90 pickup

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would try to get it to fit in the factory spot, but i don't have the equipment to make new motor mounts. I'm just gonna make a new rad mount about 1 in to 1.5 in forward. i shouldn't have to move the hood latch or anything. the A/C condensor will be gotten rid of for now. I'm gonna have A/C in it, but that will be a later project.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by highrideTOY
oh and also forgot. I'm having issues gettin the radiator to fit, so i'm thinkin i may do what someone else(can't remember who?) did and cut the front cross brace and put in some angle iron as support. that way, i can push the radiator forward an inch or 1.5 inches. I'll also be fixing my transmission problem this weekend( I HOPE!).

That was me. Take a look at my build thread.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f161...e-swap-207835/

Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM

no access to a welder?... i have one of those harbor frieght mig 100's using .35 flux core,
(i have lots of welding experiance) and it works great for this kind of stuff, 1/4 metal is pushin it, so you just have to beval the edges to get the penetration.. you can get them new for 100-120$ i got mine at a pawn shop for 30 bones... might be a good idea with projects and for the simple reason they NEVER end.... lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM

you can find a decent used Lincoln 135 amp mig with the gas conversion stuff for $200 or less on Ebay.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Sorry guys, no pics this time. I haven't needed the welder yet. I'll pick one up when it comes time to drop it in for the last time.

I've been working on the tranny this past weekend. I couldn't get much work done due to the heat. I did get to a point where i needed a large snap ring pliers and well i only had small ones. I'll pick some up today or friday.

I know i can find a welder a cheap, but just don't have the money for it. i need the money for parts and bills. I'll get one in the next few weeks when i have all my parts.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM

ok checked my bank account. nvm gotta wait til payday on wednesday for the large snap ring pliers.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Subscribed. I'm picking up a complete 1UZ-FE this week for my 86' 4Runner for $600.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 AM

sorry for the wait guys. I started a new job and was low on cash. I finally got up some money and tried to swap the headers on my tundra so i could use the stock 2uz manifolds on the 1uz. Well come to freakin find out, the 2uz manifolds have a damn egr tube mounted to the header flange. the headers i bought wouldn't work with the damn motor. Who the hell puts holes in the head for egr crap!!! Well i had to buy a second set of headers for the 2uz so i'm goin to hopefully still be able to use the stock 2uz manifolds on the 1uz. I'll post of picks tomorrow of the stock manifolds of the 2uz.

my next step is to get the tranny fixed from where i essentially broke the output shaft loose of the tranny. then it's bolt up time.

I may also rework my motor mounts, cuz i think i may have made them too weak from drilling them out more. after i get them fixed, I'll be dropping it in and workin on the remaining tiny crap.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by highrideTOY
sorry for the wait guys. I started a new job and was low on cash. I finally got up some money and tried to swap the headers on my tundra so i could use the stock 2uz manifolds on the 1uz. Well come to freakin find out, the 2uz manifolds have a damn egr tube mounted to the header flange. the headers i bought wouldn't work with the damn motor. Who the hell puts holes in the head for egr crap!!! Well i had to buy a second set of headers for the 2uz so i'm goin to hopefully still be able to use the stock 2uz manifolds on the 1uz. I'll post of picks tomorrow of the stock manifolds of the 2uz.

my next step is to get the tranny fixed from where i essentially broke the output shaft loose of the tranny. then it's bolt up time.

I may also rework my motor mounts, cuz i think i may have made them too weak from drilling them out more. after i get them fixed, I'll be dropping it in and workin on the remaining tiny crap.

what year is your tundra , i think the only ones you can use on the 1uz are the 2000 to 2004 tundra manifolds those dont have the egr tube on the manifold . I think .
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM

yea it is an 05. I can still make them work. I should have some updates for ya'll this weekend. hope all goes according to plan.

I also found another tranny from lextreme and a sc400 oil pan and components. I'm goin SAS, so i needed that oil pan.

Hope everything goes together easily now.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Headed to WabFab 9/10/11 for some WabFabrification

:wabbit2:
Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 AM

ok here is the story of the past of the last 3 years and 7 months. this is not a bashing in any form. This is exactly what happened with me exaggerating anything or trying to harm anyone's rep.

I dropped my truck off at WabFab OffRoad on September 10, 2011. I talked with Brian a couple times before that date to make sure he could handle my project. We talked and confirmed a time frame and price. For $2500 and 1.5 to 2 years he was suppose to install sliders, fix/install the wiring harness, install trans to tcase adapter, and mount engine trans and tcase. Well as the years passed, i would inquire every couple months about my truck. He would come up with an excuse or send me a pic of my truck in the shop with he motor still not installed. This little charade goes on for 3 years and 5 months. I never complained once. I finally call him and tell him that I'm coming to get my truck. He then informs me that some of my parts that i dropped off were missing and that he would replace them. the parts are 5 in lift leaf spring packs for my SAS and my sliders. he then convinces me to give him two months to finish it. I agree to this, because i am a nice guy. Well the time came for me to pick up my truck. I call him and he says that he can't be there, but will roll it outside. I go to inspect my truck and see that the wiring hasn't been touched, engine is mounted so that i can't close the hood nor can i fit a radiator or fan, my sliders are no where to be found, and i cant even test the tcase to check it. I text him for an explanation and he has none. I ask for a refund or partial refund for non-complete work and bad work. He declines and says he will drop ship my parts that are missing. I tell him that I will be talking to a lawyer about the situation. He then blocks me on facebook and stops answering his phone. The truck is then delivered my shop. I have now started ordering new motor mounts, and will be sending the wiring harness off to be fixed next month. Hopefully the truck will be running by end of June or early July.

P.S. If you read this, Brian "Wabbit" Drawthorne send my parts to the following address, so i can pick them up.

5242 33rd PL
Meridian, MS 39305

Last edited by highrideTOY; 05-27-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 AM

Pirate 4x4 has a "bad sellers" thread and he is one of their registered vendors. I'd post this same thing over there and see what kind of response you get. Much more traffic over there.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/68-ba...-disputes-etc/