Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Colorado 4Runner Jamboree 2010!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colorado 4Runner Jamboree 2010!

The gathering of Toyota enthusiasts known as the Colorado 4Runner Jamboree now has 2010 dates! July 30st, July 31st, & August 1st, 2010. Mark your calenders and save some vacation time

We will camp in the National Forest area of Fourmile, just east of Buena Vista. Our campground was huge last year, big enough to hold 50-60 rigs if need be.

Here's a list of possible trails for the Jambo!

Trails around the BV area
Boulder Mountain
BV Carnage
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Minesweeper
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton
Tincup Pass
Wheeler Lake

We might have some out of state company joining us this year. Scotty at Addicted Off Road has invited several Pirate members from CA, NM, NV, & TN to join the CO4RJ. We might also be making runs to Penrose to run the Indy trails and maybe some of the trails near Grand Junction & Montrose. These runs will either be the week before or the week after the Jambo weekend.

Friday, July 30th - Holy Cross
Saturday, August 1st - ???
Sunday, August 2nd - ???
Old 12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I need to get there this year.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 PM

I'll be sponsoring again and will be there for sure.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyC
I'll be sponsoring again and will be there for sure.
Thanks for your support of the CO4RJ Scotty I plan on being there.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Hello Colorado.

Err, umm, yeah, check those dates, bubby, the last Friday of July '10 is the 30th. Count me in. Too much good stuff last year, though I'll still have to girlie it up and skip the Carnage-grade trails.

Have you guys spec'd my coverage from 2009? Four articles, with a possibility of a fifth coming... One on off-road.com, three with automedia.com (on Valvoline's site), and there is still supposed to be coverage in 4WDTO (proably).

If you've got time, please fan me on Facebook - not me, technically, but my show: type in "Garage Hour". I don't want to be on Facebook, but a big AM station in San Diego gave me a show on Saturday nights (with no budget) so I've got to promote it as inexpensively as possible. You can log on through KCBQ.com. We even did CO4RJ coverage after last year.

Another set of MT/Rs is likely, but forget stickers if folks aren't going to cough up in advance.

STICK but no stickers
Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by SharpStick
Hello Colorado.

Err, umm, yeah, check those dates, bubby, the last Friday of July '10 is the 30th. Count me in. Too much good stuff last year, though I'll still have to girlie it up and skip the Carnage-grade trails.

Have you guys spec'd my coverage from 2009? Four articles, with a possibility of a fifth coming... One on off-road.com, three with automedia.com (on Valvoline's site), and there is still supposed to be coverage in 4WDTO (proably).

If you've got time, please fan me on Facebook - not me, technically, but my show: type in "Garage Hour". I don't want to be on Facebook, but a big AM station in San Diego gave me a show on Saturday nights (with no budget) so I've got to promote it as inexpensively as possible. You can log on through KCBQ.com. We even did CO4RJ coverage after last year.

Another set of MT/Rs is likely, but forget stickers if folks aren't going to cough up in advance.

STICK but no stickers
How you been man?

Last edited by ScottyC; 12-29-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

I CANNOT miss this! I have no excuses any more!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Hi Scotty!

Heh, which calendar are you looking at? Doh! I've gotten confirmation from threeeee of them that I'm still awake (one of them was a computer - they know everything). Hoisted a few Stones for you at my Christmass party. Hoisted too many. I'm good. Poor, but that can be fixed.

Are you taking care of my favorite state? Is that stinger bumper your own recipe? Very tidy. Light mounts? Got one for your truck yet? How's biz? What do y'all have planned for CO4RJ this year?

STICK to the .45 - because shooting twice is silly
Old 12-29-2009, 11:14 PM

Hello Colorado.

STICK but no stickers
Thanks for the heads up on the dates. I changed them in the first post. Glad things are going well for you in Cali Stick.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Hi Scotty!

Heh, which calendar are you looking at? Doh! I've gotten confirmation from threeeee of them that I'm still awake (one of them was a computer - they know everything). Hoisted a few Stones for you at my Christmass party. Hoisted too many. I'm good. Poor, but that can be fixed.

Are you taking care of my favorite state? Is that stinger bumper your own recipe? Very tidy. Light mounts? Got one for your truck yet? How's biz? What do y'all have planned for CO4RJ this year?

STICK to the .45 - because shooting twice is silly
Not sure yet what I am going to donate this year. I'll come up with something though.

I would love to get some more national attention and Mag coverage on this event though too.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 PM

see you all in a few months
Old 01-13-2010, 05:39 PM

I will be there, equipment permitting. Read: Hopefully my junk will be working well enough to be there.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Can a double locked 4runner on 33's do Iron Chest, if I have done OCG with no problems?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Hayes
Can a double locked 4runner on 33's do Iron Chest, if I have done OCG with no problems?
I would say yes. Mayhem did in his DC Tacoma with only a rear locker. He did have to winch twice, but he did it. With proper spotting, you can do it.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hayes
Yes, and without problems. a group of us ran it last year twice with mostly rear locked extra cab tacos on 33's or smaller.

The first time noone had an issue. the second time we had to winch several people at one spot. the boulders are always moving changing the trail on that lower section.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyC
I would say yes. Mayhem did in his DC Tacoma with only a rear locker. He did have to winch twice, but he did it. With proper spotting, you can do it.
Originally Posted by mr ugly
Yes, and without problems. a group of us ran it last year twice with mostly rear locked extra cab tacos on 33's or smaller.

The first time noone had an issue. the second time we had to winch several people at one spot. the boulders are always moving changing the trail on that lower section.
Cool, I am hoping to have my front axle rebuilt and the t-case leak fixed and have a budbuilt t-case skid installed. As long as I get those things fixed, I will be there, with my girlfriend.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Volcom, I've marked this date off for the CoTTORA schedule. Hopefully more of us CoTTORA peeps make it. That is if we don't break right before!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 PM

Missed it last year, but it was a blast the year before. I will hopefully be there this year, but we will see what work brings.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mr ugly
Missed it last year, but it was a blast the year before. I will hopefully be there this year, but we will see what work brings.
Ike or Jeremy you bastard!* You finally posted up! Well the 4RJ is worth posting for!

* Oh I really hope that Mr Ugly = Ike or Jeremy, otherwise we have 3 Mr Uglies running around!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 PM

bump.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Colorado 4Runner Jamboree 2010!