General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

evolution of my truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RunnerUp
i really like the snorkels

how many times a week do you get asked what they are? or do you hear people say they are speakers, exhaust, camera's? it almost makes me want to take my snorkel off and do the internal snorkel thing!! now i just need someone to run into my right fender....
i though i had come up with a pretty original idea when it came to the snorkels, afriend of mine WOODZIE hes a member here too.made a single snorkle for his 2.4 diesel,but because i had the v8 instaled i went and put two on after fabricating an air box.now a few more guys from over here in england are starting to do the same.i think they look pretty good and yes i have had a few comments on them looking like exhausts.as for the bonnet bulge well i needed something to give me enough room around the holley carb.so i cut a chunk out of the bonnet and bent it up and filled in the sides.im currently looking for something a little different if any of you guys can point me in the right direction.and when you guys mention the word wheeling,would that be our equivelent of off roading.??? or is it something totaly different like rock crawling.???heres a few pics showing how the frame was cut to get the snorkles through.

and a couple of us offroading in wales.

and did someone ask for a video

Last edited by vatchman; 07-12-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude your runner sounds SWEET!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vatchman
When you guys mention the word wheeling,would that be our equivalent of off roading.??? or is it something totaly different like rock crawling.???
I think most would compare "wheeling" to "off roading". Dirt trails, streams, off camber... backroad exploration.

"Rockcrawling" would be considered different. Definitely a more aggressive terrain for wheeling. Although the term probably gets used on terrain not quite up to the definition on occasion.

"Mudding" would be something different again... but I assume the name itself makes it pretty obvious what's required for that.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
make the cowl on the hood start in the very front of it and make it have a very subtle raise in it.