86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weasy's Cams for 3vze.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group Buy has started here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f57/sea2sky-tuning-3vz-e-stg1-cams-sale-1-a-107788/

Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Killer deal for a killer product from a killer guy.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:43 PM

No killing intended....

Thanks for the comments man
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Weasy2k
No killing intended....

Thanks for the comments man
If anyone buys these cams in California, let us know how the smog testing goes.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM

Weasy2K.
I am interested in option 2 for now. Lets get those cams reground and ready to ship.I am getting all of the parts together.
I need to get a machine shop here in So Cal that can put in the Weasy2K cams with the engineblder oversize valves.
Bumpin'Yota,
Is that the combination you put in your truck and did you have any diffuculties getting the work done right.
Thank you for any information

Skiraider
Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 PM

i will let you guys know how it goes here in cali but i wanna get some head work done to my yota also but it seems like theres no one in nor cal that does it up here!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just ship your heads ot engine builder! I shipped from down here in FL to his state of OR and it was definately worht it!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:19 AM

Haha i was just going to say...send it to engine builder
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM

i mean i want to but my truck is my daily driver right now! i just gotta find some used heads with cams n everything then ship it off to weazys and then engine builder! now again bumpin how much did you spend cuz i want to do exactly what you did!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 PM

PM him
Old 02-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pre-cam preparation

I'm getting excited because I'm heading up to Vancouver in a month for the weasification of my 2nd gen!
very excited, I have a question re. my preparation, so far the parts that I have ready to go are:

-water pump
-timing belt
-cam seals
-valve cover gaskets
-power steering gasket kit (for leak)
-valve stem seals
-timing gasket
-power steering and alternator belts
-seal type T oil (90311-42027)
-small distributor seal Oring

I've pretty much decided not to do the knock sensor as the manifold gaskets are $36 a piece and I need 4! also the sensor/wire is expensive and I don't seem to have any problems...should I bite the bullet on this and do it anyway?

is there anything that I'm missing? My big questions are:

-is it stupid to do cams without doing valves?
-should I get the hg done as well even though I have no symptoms?
-is this the time to do bottom end work as well?

if everybody agrees that it's a good idea I'll just go ahead with the parts I have already and the cams!!! if you have any more suggestions I'd be really happy to read 'em! thanks again and here's another bump for weasey being a cool guy giving a killer deal!
taiko

Last edited by taikowaza; 02-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:08 PM

dont forget that a valve job adds up to 500-600+ just to do it in machine work! Its not just something you slap on like cams
Old 02-24-2007, 08:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont forget that a valve job adds up to 500-600+ just to do it in machine work! Its not just something you slap on like cams
Oh, I can attest to that!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weasey2k cam report

The cams are on! I drove up to Vancouver last week Tuesday and met up with Johnny (Weasey2k). Let me agree with Midiwall that he is an absolutely great guy to work with. Johnny was friendly and polite right from the start (go Canada!) and took me into his shop (sea2skytuning.com) and showed me some of his other projects (WOW) in addition to 4runner engines, superchargers and cams. He showed me the cams (type 1) that I was getting and we had a great chat while we looked at my engine. Before I headed off I explained the other mods that I wanted done and we were both looking forward to see how the 3vze
would sound with the thorley headers and magnaflow exhaust and cat.

fast forward to Sunday morning...I got back into Vancouver from Calgary and arrived at Johnny's place again...WOW all I have to say is I was (and am)HAPPY. first of all Johnny had found that two of my headbolts (EDIT: cam bearing cap bolts!) had been stripped...but it so happens that he had new slightly longer than stock bolts that torqued on perfectly, hence, problem GONE! Johnny's work looks great. not only did he take WAY longer than he anticipated and did not charge me extra (a first), but he also cleaned many parts hydrosonically even though I would not be able to see them.
when the greenmachine started up again...I finally understood what a 'lumpy idle'means! it sounds deep and mean and the rhythm is now an irregular pulse rather than a rhythmic 'tut tut'...I love it. I want to make a short video of the way it sounds, I must research the best way to post a video, you will like it a lot.
all in all johnny put in new cams, did the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belts, new head bolts, REPAINTED MY REAR DIFF that had been stripped by brake fluid (free of charge no less), and even fixed my alternator wire that had been getting loose and sketchy. This guy is a craftsman and I can't believe the price he charged me, for working so hard, all I can say is that I have never felt that I got a better deal.

and then the drive home to Seattle from vancouver...I have never had so much fun with this vehicle. before this job I rarely pushed the runner over 80MPH as I could hear a kind of valve knocking and it felt relatively unstable, it was hard to get over 80...I'm ashamed to say it but I was so encouraged with this engine...I jammed it, I felt the sweet spot come on lower than before, and keep on moving right up to 4000RPM, when I hit 90, (a first for me with this vehicle) and I was cruising along with no knocking, smooth sailing, it was a joyful drive back
since then I have been experiencing better torque and just feeling that this engine has been renewed...my confidence in it is so much higher than before and when I gun it it just sounds so mean

I cannot speak for gas mileage yet, however it is running so much more efficiently now that I can almost guarantee that it is better.
the combination of the headers and the cams is just lovely. the exhaust has a whole new personality.

changes: my air intake is louder than before (K&N FIPK with ISR mod), I'm wondering what the scientific reason for this would be? the sound of the exhaust is so cool though that I hardly hear the intake sound. it is definitely louder however.

all in all, TOP MARKS for a great guy, johnny went WAY out of his way to give me excellent service, and we talked a lot about his work on the 3.4L as well, you should see some of the prototype engines he is working on
also he says he is working on valves for the 3vze too...I've got to say though that I couldn't be happier with this mod, it just brings everything together and makes the whole engine a whole different beast. I'll definitely have to make a recording of the exhaust/idle sound, it will be worth 1000 words (I've probably written that much already! so I'll stop here, thanks again johnny, if you have any thoughts to add to this post (about this camjob) that would be awesome too

if you've got a 3vze this may be the mod that makes you finally happy with the performance, it did it for me
Tkowza

Last edited by taikowaza; 04-21-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:15 AM

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the kind words! Your truck was an interesting one to work on thats for sure. Lucky that you were running fine without 2 cam bearing caps being securely on! (He referred to these as HEAD BOLTS but they are the cam bearing caps to hold the cam in place)
Note to everyone installing cams....FOLLOW the proper procedure when torquing down the cam bearing cap bolts...they only need a bit of tightening otherwise you will end up stripping the bolts like i saw on Tims engine. Thankfully there is enough thread left that a bolt a hair bit longer was able to catch and torque down to spec Ill add pictures later

I am very happy to hear you are seeing many positive improvements to your truck and that its running smoothly...except for idle where the lumpiness comes in
Old 04-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
May is gonna be a good month

Get that video up asap!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:22 AM

Tim send the vid to me i can host it on my website for yea.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 PM

http://sea2skytuning.com/index.php?o...ask=view&id=38

Listen Listen
Old 04-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

DUDE! Rev the dang thing up so we can hear it wail!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:11 PM

DAmn great job johnny, you gotta get a sound of the motor!

Quick Reply: Weasy's Cams for 3vze.