Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Speakers in your 2nd Gen 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 76ANTHONY
SAW that one yesterday. looks good.
I was an audio installer for more than 6 years with a MECP first class qualification. The biggest problem with this setup is that your tweets should never be further away from your mids than the size of the mid itself. It really destroys the sound stage effect you should be going for. one of the first images that was shown is a great start as is the kick panels (which i like alot). the problem with that first setup is your firing straight at your knees. You can usually buy a set of kicks for your rig or with a little patience, fiberglass, resin, benderboard and one small piece of cloth you can create your own. I have made a few in diferent vehicles ranging from a "29" model T to exotics. your rear speakers are easy!!! find some speaker cloth (a very thin cloth, micro holes with a close color to your interior) rip out the rear panels cut a hole to fit the speakers. attach speakers as directed with one small change. use the fabric to cover the speaker itself hiding it behind the beauty ring that comes with the speaker. gives it an almost stock appearance
Old 03-02-2010, 02:22 PM

good thread

hey guys, thanks for all the pics and advice...
Old 05-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by OSIRIS
This is what I did.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f96/system-install-my-rig-95-4runner-116183/

I didn't want any amps showing and like the factory look to hide the quality components.

Go to a stereo shop, not BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITY, and listen to different speakers. What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

Case in point - I listened to the Polks and Infinity reference 4" speakers. To me the Infinitys were too tinty in the high frequencies and lacked tone in the base end. I liked the Polk's sound and got those. Everyone has a preference to sound qualities and each manufacturer does it differently, because there are trade offs.

I have two 10" Pyles for subs and they can vibrate my teeth! The mid-bass speakers will not add much in bass sound pressure, but it would be alright to say I have ummteen million speakers around and two up your @$$ (if you have them under the seats also), but it is just what everyone wants to do that makes them happy.

I went with a simple Sony HU that had an AUX input for my XM SkyFi2. I ran from the HU to the main amp and then from there to the sub-amp & used the amp's X-over. You can build your own box for $20 worth of MFD board and spend $60-80 on 12" Pyle drivers that will blow your mind. Unless you are in a competition for prize money, you don't need to spend $1,000+ on subs & a box, when you can do it for $80-100 yourself and have better quality sound.

Research, listen to speakers and figure out what you want it to be when you are alone in the car. That is what you should do and then show it to your friends when you are done. Don't do something because your friends said to do it. It won't make them like you more.

Osiris
i work for a audio shop as an installer and i personally have 4 10inh memphis car audio sc subs behind my seat in a standard cab truck with custom doors with components in the to do the doors u will need to space them out to allow for the window to be able to be rolled down when it comes to stereos u get what u pay for in quality
Old 08-13-2011, 05:20 PM

well, i got 4in pioneer's in the front and i think some kind of tweeter in the back above the back window and i got tweeters in the front doors. basically its pretty much stock besides the front speakers. they are loud and crisp; i just need to put a sub in. any sugestions? im lookin at possibly an infinity basslink.....
Old 03-14-2016, 01:32 PM

Just wondering if anybody has put speakers in the front doors into a vehicle without any electronics in the door.

I am just wondering about running the wire through makeshift holes. If I used a heavy enough speaker wire with a covering I assume outside noise would be minimalized.

If anyone has experience with this it would be awesome to hear.