Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power Steering hose info - 93 2wd 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power Steering hose info - 93 2wd 4Runner

Hello Everyone,
I'm hoping to remove the ABS actuator from my 93 4Runnner with rear ABS. I already unplugged the rear ABS sensor on top of the differential, the ABS ECU, ABS relay, and the ABS actuator. What I want to do is remove the actuator and reroute the brake and power steering lines. I was able to get the brake lines but not the power steering lines.
I wonder if anyone knows the part numbers for the pressurized power steering hose (from the PS pump to the PS Gear) and the return line back to the PS reservouir. I know there were trucks made without ABS but I can't seem to find any information.
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Idk what the OEM part number is....BUT I do know the part numbers for PAPE machining to make a power steering hose!
I had issues finding one myself and had one made, best looking hose on the truck!

Old 12-25-2020, 11:26 AM

Received 637 Likes on 513 Posts
When she first joined the Corps, I let my daughter borrow the pickup until she got herself in good shape financially. The pay for the lower ranks is terrible. Anywho, she was stationed at Camp Pendleton, California. She got the hydraulic shop at the base's motor pool to make her all new PS hoses for the truck. They did a heck of a job. Those hoses looked better than the factory hoses by a bit. It helped her get the hoses made that she's a tall, slender blonde. Very attractive young lady in those days. That's called motivation to do a real good job on the hoses

She also had to replace the passenger side door window. She was driving back to the barracks, in the rain, and a head sized rock rolled down off a hill and right through the window as she drove by. Startling!

Have fun, all!
Pat☺
The following users liked this post:
RAD4Runner (12-27-2020)
Old 12-27-2020, 05:44 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
nicakasper,
Tried NAPA? I just ordered high pressure power steering hose and steering gear box from there.
On my 22R-E, all lines after the gear box look like bulk low-pressure ones.
Originally Posted by 2ToyGuy
...She got the hydraulic shop at the base's motor pool to make her all new PS hoses for the truck. ...
We maintained diesel powered generators and Ford 302 powered tow tractors at NAS Miramar in the late 80's so we made high-pressure hoses, but we no tall, attractive blond visited our shop
Old 12-28-2020, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
nicakasper,
Tried NAPA? I just ordered high pressure power steering hose and steering gear box from there.
On my 22R-E, all lines after the gear box look like bulk low-pressure ones.

We maintained diesel powered generators and Ford 302 powered tow tractors at NAS Miramar in the late 80's so we made high-pressure hoses, but we no tall, attractive blond visited our shop
Hey y’all,
I thought the return hose was low pressure. Gonna check out the local Napa see what they got.
Thanks for the suggestions.
RAD4Runner (12-28-2020)
Old 01-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Update:
I finally removed the ABS actuator, took a good day to get everything out since I needed to get crowfoot wrenches.
For the brake lines, I ended up using a brake line to connect the two ends. (Like @wii_tarded did on this thread - https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...needed-256837/) Just need to bleed the brakes.
For the power steering, I got a the pressure hose online from https://www.autopartskart.com/ for $48 (including shipping). Its a Gates #370040 for anyone that is looking for one. Also replaced the return hose using the most of the original hardware.
However, I managed to break the power steering air control valve. Since I've on quarantine due to a positive COVID test I wasn't able to go get one from the junkyard, and I tried to glue the the pieces together using JB Weld. Yet I think it didnt work since it started spewing black smoke and the idle was below 500 RPMs.
Gonna go look for a used air control valve tomorrow and hope that does the trick.

RAD4Runner (01-04-2021)