Staging Area For Tech Article Submissions Got a tech article to submit? Post it here

ABS Kill-Switch for '05+ Tacoma

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ABS Kill-Switch for '05+ Tacoma

This was on my 2011 V6 TRD Sport w/ VSC & TRAC w/ an Auto-Trans (no locker,no ATRAC, no TRD Off-Road pckg.)

This method should be compatible on similar model Tacomas (no OR pckg, no locker, TRAC equipped, VSC equipped), provided the wiring harnesses are the same.

That being said, I am not responsible for any damage, injury, or harm resulting from anyone attempting this mod. This is for informational purposes ONLY. If you do attempt this mod, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-ABS KILL SWITCH-

STEP 1: Unplug the Battery. Remove the trim on the Driver's Side to access the wiring harnesses behind the kick panel.

STEP 2: Unplug the white modular plug (IB1). It's the 2nd one down right next to the Parking Brake in the BLUE housing.

STEP 3: Cut the LIGHT GREEN wire (as pictured). I chose to crimp on some quick-connect terminals so I could easily re-connect the wiring if needed, and wrapped it up with heat-shrink tubing.

STEP 4: Find a good SPST On/Off Switch to use, and choose a good location to install it. I grabbed this simple one from RadioShack.

I installed it right above my TPMS reset button. I prefer to have all my mods clean and discreet. 3/8" drill bit should do the job nicely.

STEP 5: Measure (2) lengths of wire from the Green Wire you cut to your switch. I chose to run my wires along the existing wiring harnesses and tucked them into the plastic conduit for the TPMS wires.

Again, I wrapped all the connections in heat-shrink tubing and electrical tape. I crimped on a couple quick-connect terminals on the ends to plug into my switch.

STEP 6: Connect your wire-leads to your switch and re-connect your battery. Give everything a once over and clean up the wiring as needed.

Test it out!

When you press the switch, your ABS light will come on, and the VSC-Off light will also come on.

Last edited by Benson X; 01-18-2013 at 12:37 PM.