Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New toys!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
New toys!

Finally after a month the camel showed up with my parts strapped to his back But seriously I got a big box of parts.

Included in the parts where my sets of Hella 500 lights

2 driving lights and 2 fog lights, verrrrrr nice!

They are not hooked up yet, I have ran out of space in my dash for switches, so im going to pick up some metal and im gonna make a nice insert that will go into the space under my cd player. It will have enough room for all the switches I plan on running.

Well enough talk, pictures!!!

The driving lights, note how both wires are out and go through the rubber gromet properly.

Fogs are on the pre-runner bar, driving lights are on the roll bar

Now I wanted to ask you guys a few questions on these.

1. Are these made in different countrys? My driving lights have "made in germany" on them, they also have a better wiring harness and relay.
My fog lights have "made in mexico" on them, the wires are kinda half arsed into the pack and they didnt connect both wires to the lights, so now I have to cut the end off the wire, feed my other one through and then feed them through the rubber seal.

If I can find some metal tomorrow I will make the panel and possibly wire them up, I wanted to do my ISR mod tomorrow aswell.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good jay. dont leave the lights on with the covers on(like i did), i did that on a trip from MO and my covers melted and then i broke one of my hellas so all i have now are my KC's. did you mount the driving lights on top?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Contributing Member

Haha yeah! My friend warned me about that. I wish I could run without the covers but its illigal here, and since my tires stick out from my fenders I dont want to give the cops any more reason to give me a VI

yep, the driving lights are on the roll bar
Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you dont have to cut the end off the wire to get it through the rubber grommet, altho i dont remember exactly how i got mine through i do remember it not being connected.

oh, and i checked a map mexico and germany are different countries.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:40 AM

AAhhhhh...that's how all PU's should look!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 274 Likes on 185 Posts
lookin' good Jay
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Nice pics bro!! Show some more when you're done.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM

What brand is that prerunner bar?It looks alot like the ORI bars. I personally don't like the bars that don't bolt to the top and front of the bumper. Yours is sweet.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MMA_Alex
you dont have to cut the end off the wire to get it through the rubber grommet, altho i dont remember exactly how i got mine through i do remember it not being connected.

oh, and i checked a map mexico and germany are different countries.

To make sure the seal won't leak I will have to cut part of the wire, they stuck the connector on it so it wont fit though the grommit. I will grab a picture when I finally wire them up

Originally Posted by kcrunner
AAhhhhh...that's how all PU's should look!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by slacker
lookin' good Jay
Note how the valance I got from you is no longer installed.. My BFG's decided they didn't like it anymore and promptly tore it off up in the mountains

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
Nice pics bro!! Show some more when you're done.
Will do!

Originally Posted by frodin1
What brand is that prerunner bar?It looks alot like the ORI bars. I personally don't like the bars that don't bolt to the top and front of the bumper. Yours is sweet.
Im not really sure what brand it is, I got it off the local buy & sell for 25 bucks. The lower bolts don't line up right though, they are right in front of the bumper brackets so I need to do some custom bracketry to make them work, they are kinda booty fabbed in there right now.

So I won't be wiring them up this week, I was gonna do it today but I can't find any sheet metal for my custom switch panel
I will have to pull my roll bar out to drill a hole for the wires to run though the box, so I need a friend to help me with that.
And the most important thing, im picking up my 4.88 gears from a 94 runner today 350 bucks and I just have to pick them up.

But I did however do the ISR mod this morning.
I don't notice much sound from it, might be the routing OR my exhaust is covering up the noise. I noticed a little better throttle response, nothing too exciting..

here are some pics. Oh and don't mind the stock clamps around the ends, I didnt have any band clamps small enough, but I picked some up and threw them on a few hours later.

Last edited by Jay351; 10-25-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

Very nice Jay your ISR looks almost like the one I mocked up for mine...
as for the lights yeah some mfgs. are farming out part of their production to other countries...
Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks bro!

I thought it was kind of wierd that they where made in different countrys.

And the fact that the germany made ones came party assembled, and over had better supplys/ wiring harness.

the mexico made one was not packed right, the wires are kinda half arsed into the packaging and such..
Old 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 274 Likes on 185 Posts
dang dude ... did ya save it ??? ... you could always trim it , and put it back on .
Old 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM

Looks great! Although those driving lights on top look kinda lonely, you should add two more!!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by slacker
dang dude ... did ya save it ??? ... you could always trim it , and put it back on .
There is a picture in the BC forum, The drivers side got cought, and I ran over it. It was flat as a pancake! Since my wheels stick out so far they rub when turning + compression

Originally Posted by guapo83
Looks great! Although those driving lights on top look kinda lonely, you should add two more!!

I wouldve liked to add 2 more on the roll bar but I only have 2 light slots on it. If I get sombody to weld on two more tabs I will eventually buy 2 more driving lights so I can have 4 up top
Old 10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

or you could just get a piece of flat stock from homey depot or some such and bolt that to the tabs and then the lights to the stock... heck you could mount four forward and one or two back then...
Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey, so you got a "box of parts"?? lol i want a box of hella light parts. how much? where can i get some??? lol i want some bad.

x4 on the isr mod, i love how the pipe is REALLY big its not just the 3'' lol. tons of air!!!

that engine needs some degreaser!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aviator
or you could just get a piece of flat stock from homey depot or some such and bolt that to the tabs and then the lights to the stock... heck you could mount four forward and one or two back then...
I dont like things to look like booty fab jobs dont mind my wiring! I am gonna clean it up soon
As for the reverse facing lights...Already taken care of

Originally Posted by infiltrator
hey, so you got a "box of parts"?? lol i want a box of hella light parts. how much? where can i get some??? lol i want some bad.

x4 on the isr mod, i love how the pipe is REALLY big its not just the 3'' lol. tons of air!!!

that engine needs some degreaser!!!
I got the lights from a place called "Off Road Warehouse" The driving lights where on for 49.95 and the fogs where 69.95, shipping was 24.75 (pretty bad) total was 144.65 out the door.

On another note, I went to look at the 4.88 gears, was about 30 mins on the road and off and on I could smell the ABS plastic. Im hoping its not burning.
There was a few tiny shards that where from the drilling I think I sucked them into the intake and thats why it smelled...
Any thoughts?

p.s gears are good, and they will be ready in the morn.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

looks great dude makes me wanna get more lights then just my upfront fogs. I didnt know you needed covers in BC...whats the difference when the lights off?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks man.
They want to make sure you can't flash the lights at people.
The cops on bc4x4 said that you have to have the covers on, and since im already teasing the cops as it is, I dont want to give them any more incentive to pull me over.

But SO many guys run with them uncovered, it seems like one of those laws that are not enforced very much, thank god!
Altho on my way to work some dick head in a ford had his lights on that where on his bumper, I could hardly see!

I really just wanted them for the bush and when im either up north or on the island. Like when we where comming down harrison it was so damn dark, I was wishing I had the lights set up, and even more so when I had to back up the steep arse hill because we missed the turn off :hillbilly
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Ihave my hella 500s mounted on my bumper..but I dont know if they are fog or driving...I bought them SO long ago. Is there a way to tell? When they are on, the beams seem real narrow..im thinking they are driving. I wanna trade them for fogs!

Quick Reply: New toys!