Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MAF Conversion Mod 3.0 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it actually gave that much of an increase I would consider it.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kscurl01
eNutter-
Yeah, that's the same 3.slow engine...
Thanks, I thought so. The title of the thread made me wonder since it says 2nd gen.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:36 PM

Count me in if it produces that much power and is on the lower end of that price range!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:08 PM

The whole idea of this product makes good sence. I just don't understand why other companys that produce and research alot of 3.0 products (DOA racing, downey) wouldn't come out with them.

I just can't wait to see the dynos.

Last edited by mkmarz; 09-27-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

I would definitely do it if I had the dough, but I just can't see spending this much money when I have a kid due in a few months.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

I'd have to see dyno charts and preferably would want to see with headers and compared to a FIPK...If its over 25hp and 20 ft lbs and doesn't raise the power peaks then count me in.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:01 PM

If it will add that much power I will be seriously interested. However, I have been waiting for a year and a half for the same company to produce a mass air conversion they talked of for the 2.3 TurboFord cars. And I can tell you there is TON of people who wanted this mod .

If it is a reliable set up that will run day to day trouble free im in. I also want to see dyno results before and after.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
out of curiousity have yall dyno'ed a stock 3vze yet? Im just curious as to the stock rwhp numbers.
not yet, but at this rate it will happen soon. They will run multiple Dynos so we will have a good average

Originally Posted by Silver_Truck
I'd have to see dyno charts and preferably would want to see with headers and compared to a FIPK...If its over 25hp and 20 ft lbs and doesn't raise the power peaks then count me in.
I have a stock 3VZE other than a drop in K&N so that is what will be dyno'd. They did say that they would consider headers to match their intake but that would be later.

so far the following are interested:

axon (but I dont count)
1. desert whomper
2. rocket
3. masterwacker
4. nrgetic99 (pending Dyno/price)
5. dlbrunner
6. kscurl01
7. enutter
8. celica (maybe)
9. ThomasJ (pending Dyno)
10. mikes4Runner (pending Dyno)
11. Down2TheC

if I missed you let me know

Last edited by axon; 09-28-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:54 AM

I am intrested.....but I too would need to see the numbers.

Mike
Old 09-28-2005, 04:28 AM

cpE will get a before and after dyno on a DynoJet. They have an in house dyno for tuning but for publishing results they go to the local DynoJet so you know they haven't monkeyed with the results. They won't produce if it doesn't get a gain commensurate with the price. They don't want to end up with a bunch of inventory. Another bonus is that you'll probably get a bump in mileage. (2-5 would be my guess)

And yeah... put me on that list. Glad they had time for it. In case you're new to the discussion, I went through the proto process for my 04 Solara with cp-e. Love my intake!

Last edited by Down2TheC; 09-28-2005 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Why the new thread? As I indicated in the first thread, I'm definitely interested. I haven't had much time to spend on this forum lately, so I missed this one until now.

Ed
Old 09-29-2005, 12:22 PM

I created a new thread cause the other one was pretty old and wanted to make sure who was interested

axon (but I dont count)
1. desert whomper
2. rocket
3. masterwacker
5. dlbrunner
6. kscurl01
7. enutter
8. celica (maybe)
11. Down2TheC
12. Epic Ed

Last edited by axon; 10-03-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:26 PM

Definitely interested. My current intake is causing the stupid vane to create a sucking noise which is really annoying.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im in for one for my 4runner. If i like it ill take a second for the PU
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM

anyone else?

axon (but I dont count)
1. desert whomper
2. rocket
3. masterwacker
5. dlbrunner
6. kscurl01
7. enutter
8. celica (maybe)
11. Down2TheC
12. Epic Ed
13. snap-on
14. sidfactor
15. karls

Last edited by axon; 10-05-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:25 AM

If the results match what is being proposed, put me on the list.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mkmarz
The whole idea of this product makes good sence. I just don't understand why other companys that produce and research alot of 3.0 products (DOA racing, downey) wouldn't come out with them.

I just can't wait to see the dynos.

the question many of you should seriously be asking. why doesnt any of the reputable, known companies that support these vehicles, make a product like this if its so great? guys, ive got this new electric supercharger i need to tell you about...........lol jk, but its kinda the same thing. hate to burst the bubbles, but this thing is whats called an interceptor. if thats all you guys want, there are many available on the market. the problem with all these products, is that they intercept, then adjust only one signal. unfortunatly, our ecus use the maf signal for a number of funtions. when you start playing with the maf, you get some undesired consequences, the biggest being timing. our ecus will look at the maf signal, the engine temp, the air temp, throttle position, ect to determine the optimal injection time and timing advance for that moment. once you go start changing just the maf signal, the ecu will add or lean out the fuel in corralation to the modification of the maf signal, but it will also change the timing advance of the engine as well, and almost ALWAYS in the oppostite way that you want. go check out mr2oc.com, register, then start delving into the engine technical sections on that site, there are some extremely inteligent people on there that know exactly what they are talking about. read up on why the interceptors never really work on the 3sgte, and why so many pop cylinder #2 or 3 when they do use them. sorry this is a little long, but theres a reason it sounds to good to be true. besides, if you due tune it, i would not recomend leaning the 3vze engine out any more than it is, you will only aggrevaite the real problem of this engine: ...................heat.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by motoracer47
the question many of you should seriously be asking. why doesnt any of the reputable, known companies that support these vehicles, make a product like this if its so great?
1st: Name one reputable (4x4) company that has the knowledge and will to to make and create such a product for the 3VZE.
2nd: It's not something done over night and it requires a great deal of testing, time, and $$$.
3rd: There has to be a market for it that many consumers are not willing to pay.

The purpose of this thread is for interest only. The company offering a MAF conversion knows exactly what there doing and it's their ONLY profession.

Before you jump to conclusions, try looking at or read some of their website.

They have done the same for other vehicals that NO other companies have even thought about. That should tell you enough.

guys, ive got this new electric supercharger i need to tell you about...........lol jk, but its kinda the same thing.
Thats a far cry from the same thing.

hate to burst the bubbles, but this thing is whats called an interceptor. if thats all you guys want, there are many available on the market. the problem with all these products, is that they intercept, then adjust only one signal. unfortunatly, our ecus use the maf signal for a number of funtions. when you start playing with the maf, you get some undesired consequences, the biggest being timing. our ecus will look at the maf signal, the engine temp, the air temp, throttle position, ect to determine the optimal injection time and timing advance for that moment. once you go start changing just the maf signal, the ecu will add or lean out the fuel in corralation to the modification of the maf signal, but it will also change the timing advance of the engine as well, and almost ALWAYS in the oppostite way that you want. go check out mr2oc.com, register, then start delving into the engine technical sections on that site, there are some extremely inteligent people on there that know exactly what they are talking about. read up on why the interceptors never really work on the 3sgte, and why so many pop cylinder #2 or 3 when they do use them. sorry this is a little long, but theres a reason it sounds to good to be true. besides, if you due tune it, i would not recomend leaning the 3vze engine out any more than it is, you will only aggrevaite the real problem of this engine: ...................heat.
I really don't feel like breaking down the rest of your criticism, concerns, and misunderstanding, so do us all a big favor and call Josh at www.cp-e.com. Tell him all your mumbo jumbo because you don't have a clue what your talking about nor does it have anything to do with this thread.

Bottom line is: This MAF conversion WILL NOT happen if it's not 100% successful and shown with verified results.

No criticism is wanted!

What is wanted, are people that are interested in gaining 20-30 wheel HP for their 3.0 at a cost of $560-$690.
Compare that price to an enigine swap.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by rocket
No criticism is wanted!

What is wanted, are people that are interested in gaining 20-30 wheel HP for their 3.0 at a cost of $560-$690.
Compare that price to an enigine swap.

criticism never is wanted, but it usually helps. for the money, i would look at the perfect power smt6, will accomplish the same thing, but allow control over ignition which will keep it safe. 20-30 at the wheels? so max, 37-38 at the crank, well see. but cool, im not here to argue. i just want people to do some research. i went to the site, i dont see there or here where it says it is intercepting anything but the maf signal, so the same problem applies. im not saying it will not work, it just not the optimum solution.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:30 AM

C'mon moto don't discourage them!

I just want to see dyno numbers for a correctly done MAF conversion. If it turns out as good as they predict then I will go the Hot wire MAF/SMT-6 route myself. This deal is for people who don't want to have to tune the MAF to work with their truck and its good to have options like this for people who want plug and play performance. Lots of us know it can be done better and cheaper but we don't have a dyno to run the numbers and are not willing to spend the green till we see verification of a MAF conversion actually helping the motor out.

Quick Reply: MAF Conversion Mod 3.0 2nd gen