Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help please! Several issues with my 92 Toyota 4Runner 3.0L 4x4!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please! Several issues with my 92 Toyota 4Runner 3.0L 4x4!

Hey everyone!

. This is my first post here, and I've tried looking for related discussions about my problems. Let me also state that I am minorly mechanicly inclined, and with pictures/video and instructions, I would be confident enough to fix issues. Not MAJOR issues, but mediumish types of issues. This is my 1st 4Runner and I love it! I've only had it about a month and a half, and I am praying that I didn't get ripped off. It has just over 242,000 miles on it, but the engine was rebuilt in 2009 at 170,000 miles, and I have the record of it being done. I've already had to have my CV axles on the front replaced, and it's going to the shop tomorrow to have the control arm bushings replaced.

My issues are these:

1. I have a squeaky/squealing noise when idling but not accelerating. I suspect that it is a belt or pulley, but I'm not sure.
2. My Dad changed my oil about a month ago, and I was down a quart of oil earlier this week. I usually only drive it around town and am NOT too hard on it. I have no idea why this is. The oil pressure also fluctuate up and down quite a bit.
3. My windshield washer fluid is just disappearing. I had it almost full and now it's empty again.
4. The light for my AC button doesn't light up.?
5. We charged the AC when he changed the oil, but it's like it never happened?
6. The gas pedal is HARD to push. Dad thinks that it might have a kink in it. We have lubed it up and still no change. Would this be my problem?
7. I get like 13 mpg for gas mileage. What can I do to improve that?
8. The left power mirror glass has a weird wobble to it. It's been suggested that I may have to replace the entire unit. It wobbles so bad that I have to readjust the mirror every so often. Can I just replace the glass or dominos have to get a whole new unit?
9. Anyone know where I can find a replacement "pin" for the in dash cup holder? It was already missing one, but now I have lost the only one I had.
10. I'm also looking for a replacement "pull" for the seat in the rear to get it flat. My truck only came with one. I'm also missing a rear headrest weirdly enough too. Any suggestions for where I can find those as well?

I think that's about it. Not all of the issues are major, but more like a pain in the rear. I appreciate the help and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone soon!

Jenn
Old 06-22-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 283 Likes on 211 Posts
1. I have a squeaky/squealing noise when idling but not accelerating. I suspect that it is a belt or pulley, but I'm not sure. find the loose belt and tighten it, if it still squeaks tighten the next loosest belt (just don't over do it).
2. My Dad changed my oil about a month ago, and I was down a quart of oil earlier this week. I usually only drive it around town and am NOT too hard on it. I have no idea why this is. The oil pressure also fluctuate up and down quite a bit. look under your truck for leaks, the oil pressure will go up and down as you rev up the engine.
3. My windshield washer fluid is just disappearing. I had it almost full and now it's empty again. look for puddles and find the leak
4. The light for my AC button doesn't light up.? is the fan switch on? if the refrigerant leaks out the A/C won't turn on.
5. We charged the AC when he changed the oil, but it's like it never happened? if it doesn't turn on...yeah it won't work.
6. The gas pedal is HARD to push. Dad thinks that it might have a kink in it. We have lubed it up and still no change. Would this be my problem? yes it is YOUR problem, a kink would also mean that it wouldn't release either.
7. I get like 13 mpg for gas mileage. What can I do to improve that? make sure your front hubs are unlocked, new air filter, full tune up, proper tire pressure, no brakes dragging and lastly, these don't get great mileage anyway
8. The left power mirror glass has a weird wobble to it. It's been suggested that I may have to replace the entire unit. It wobbles so bad that I have to readjust the mirror every so often. Can I just replace the glass or dominos have to get a whole new unit?
you may be able to tighten things up inside the housing.
9. Anyone know where I can find a replacement "pin" for the in dash cup holder? It was already missing one, but now I have lost the only one I had. junkyard
10. I'm also looking for a replacement "pull" for the seat in the rear to get it flat. My truck only came with one. I'm also missing a rear headrest weirdly enough too. Any suggestions for where I can find those as well? junkyard
Old 06-23-2018, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
If your washer fluid tank has a hole in it you will just have to replace it. I am betting your leak is at the washer fluid pump. The seals or the pump has just disintergrated. I get my washer pumps from the bone yards off of newer trucks. You will need to cut and splice the pump wiring due to the plugs being different. I think I got my last pump off of an 04 Sienna if I recall correctly. The pumps are the same just the connecting plug is different.