The GF rolled my Runner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a scratch. It will buff out xD
But how the terra grapplers hold up?
Old 08-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Terra grapplers??? If you're referring to my tires they're wrangler duratrac. They've warn amazingly over the two years I've had them and they're amazing in rain and snow.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Glad your GF is fine. I would be pissed at the people who ran into her and when she was stuck yelling for help they just ran away.

Looks like you got yourself a good trail rig now. Just needs a SAS swap and youll be set
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 PM

Like everyone else said I am really glad your gf is OK. I stop at every wreck I see if things haven't already been taken care of.

The damage to the runner looks like it'll be pretty repairable. Just remember it doesn't have to be perfect haha. Its time for a SAS and a cummins! haha I can't wait for the build thread on this beast.
And definitely buy it back if you haven't already. If for no other reason then to take all the parts you have on it off
Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by drmix
Glad your GF is fine. I would be pissed at the people who ran into her and when she was stuck yelling for help they just ran away.

Looks like you got yourself a good trail rig now. Just needs a SAS swap and youll be set
Actually the guy that hit her was the one to help her out, it was the people that came out that backed up and watched. It took the guy and his wife a while to get out of their car which is understandable and then he ran over right away. He was a very nice guy and felt really bad.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by HawkStrong16
The damage to the runner looks like it'll be pretty repairable. Just remember it doesn't have to be perfect haha. Its time for a SAS and a cummins! haha I can't wait for the build thread on this beast.
And definitely buy it back if you haven't already. If for no other reason then to take all the parts you have on it off
There is no way I'm getting that thing perfect again, I don't have enough money for that haha. I am definitely not giving that up though, there is way too much stuff I want off of that if I can't have it back. I doubt the insurance is going to let me take the lift, shocks and tires off of it lol. The more that I think about it it is really a blessing in disguise, if she were in a car I don't even know how bad she would be injured having been hit right under the drivers door. Plus the little bit of body damage and insurance money is just giving me the opportunity to finally do what I want with the rig.

Last edited by SigEp4Runner; 08-06-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Thats the best way to look at it. I'm glad she was in the runner too, that would've been pretty nasty in a car. I've seen and been in enough accidents to know that I never want to do it again.

It'll make a great trail rig though. With the insurance money you should be able to do alot with that beast
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Well I could do all the work or just buy this thing? I would still need to buy a lift kit but this thing is clean. I would still buy the other one back for parts and to part it out or sell it as is. I'm still not sure what I'll do since I havnt heard from the insurance company and don't even know how much they're gonna offer me.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by SigEp4Runner

Well I could do all the work or just buy this thing? I would still need to buy a lift kit but this thing is clean. I would still buy the other one back for parts and to part it out or sell it as is. I'm still not sure what I'll do since I havnt heard from the insurance company and don't even know how much they're gonna offer me.
If your not gonna buy that one..... Where is it and how much do they want for it?? lol. I would love a 4runner of that style

If the funds allow it I would buy that one there and buy your other one back to use for parts. Most of them should swap right over
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM

I would probably buy that runner but I called and there is already someone with a deposit down on it!!! It would have been nice since it is already straight axle, but oh well. I'm gonna keep an eye out for another one, but if not I'll just have to get down and dirty with the wrecked one.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 PM

ouch yet one more reason i drive my pickup and she drives her car

id keep it just because uve done most of the work to it you know what it looks like you know its pings dings scrathces what that wobble means its yours keep it turn it into something cool my two cents
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM

cheap-ass is looking for a front plate bumper if you part it out....

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/...bumper-239344/
Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Looking at the blue book it says my runner is only worth about $2300!!?? That's with the tires and all the goods? Knowing from experience I doubt I will get much more than that for this thing. Its pretty crazy because I couldn't even buy one on craigslist for that much? I guess I'll just have to wait to hear from the insurance company and see if they're going to base what my truck is worth off of KBB or off of what theyre going for in my area. I'm sure it will be what ever is the cheapest they can find. It kinda sucks the way it works, if i were any other person that only had one vehicle and wasnt able to do the repairs I would be SOL. If the damage was enough that the truck didnt run I would be out of a perfectly good vehicle, maybe this is why we have so many wrecking yards!!

Hopefully I dont get ripped off, but either way I need to get cracking on the beast to get it ready for fall (oregon rain). Hopefully I get enough for SAS. If not I can seal it up, get a new door and a new windshield and keep the rest to do something fun to it or add it to the Supercharger fund for the RSX.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM

How much did/would it cost to buy back?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo22RE
How much did/would it cost to buy back?
Not sure, I don't even think the adjuster has looked at it yet. I'm hoping it's less than $500 to buy back, but that's also going to depend on how much they offer me for it I bet.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SigEp4Runner
Terra grapplers??? If you're referring to my tires they're wrangler duratrac. They've warn amazingly over the two years I've had them and they're amazing in rain and snow.
My mistake. I thought they looked similar. Long day at work.
So you like them? i need new tires and i'm just asking around for suggestions and suhc.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by kac0825
My mistake. I thought they looked similar. Long day at work.
So you like them? i need new tires and i'm just asking around for suggestions and suhc.
Yeah, I would buy them again. They don't look as aggressive as most would like, but they have got me through everything. They are perfect for where I live and they are wearing really well, I've had them for 2 years and they still have a ton of tread. A lot of people were skeptical since they're such a new tire and didn't have any reviews, but I am very happy with them. If you are wanting something for hard core rock crawling or deep mud, I would suggest a tire specifically for that, but for an all around tire these are great. They're quiet on the road too.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Glad the gf is ok, you should leave the damage, it'll be a good story!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 PM

I know how you feel...a few months ago my GF got rearended in my 91 runner. it bent my hitch down to the ground. I was able to drive home though, even with a bent frame. the saturn that hit her wasnt so lucky. this also happened in Portland Oregon...so guys in portland, DON'T let your GF's drive your 4runners!! insurance company totaled my '91. I took the payout and got a '84 4runner.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lummpus
insurance company totaled my '91. I took the payout and got a '84 4runner.
if you don't mind sharing, how much did you end up getting for your 91 and how much did they want to buy it back? I'm sure mine should be pretty similar since both are drivable but totaled.

Quick Reply: The GF rolled my Runner!