Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Install got a Tacoma so I am good.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zgs
Hello Libanker.

I have the same problem as you, No dash or runing lights.
I cant find the problem either.
What did you find out about yours?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Zgs.
I have heard that a common problem is in the wiring harness connection along the drivers side truck bed. I am about to look at mine tomorrow, as my fuse blows whenever there is moisture on the roads and I am driving with my lights on. Apparently, mag chloride used on our mountain highways will eat it away...
Old 11-11-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn this thread is still active 10yrs later?

Originally Posted by MJLaSalle
I have heard that a common problem is in the wiring harness connection along the drivers side truck bed. I am about to look at mine tomorrow, as my fuse blows whenever there is moisture on the roads and I am driving with my lights on. Apparently, mag chloride used on our mountain highways will eat it away...
I still have my truck. Always a wiring issue.

1.find the fuse in the fusebox. Wiggle it.. make sure its not loose. I had to repjace my fusebox, but that was only part of the problem.

2. Take each tail light assembly out. At the base of each wire connection wiggle each line while the lights are on. My problem was that wire connection inside the casing was corroded and loose. All i had to do was recrimp all my taillight wires and add electrical contact goup ( forgot the name). That should do it.

3. If you have a hitch tailgating assembly, check the connection and the ground.

I checked every single wire from the firewall back to find this issue. Needle in a hay stack.

Let me know if this works for you.

Lenny
Old 11-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Just had the same problem. It was a short in the trailer light pigtail.. took me two months to figure it out. Hope your is as simple
Old 02-10-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by LIBANKER
1990 4WD Toyota Pickup DLX.

The tailights do not work and the dashborad lights are out. The directionals, brake and reverse lights work fine. There is power to the taillights and the dash. The 15 amp fuse do NOT blow.

I replaced the taillight relay, rheostat,ON/OFF switch on the sterring column. I;ve tested every fuse and they are fine.

All Fueses are tested and good.
checked liscense plate lights for moisture.
cleaned all contacts in both tailight assemblies.
replaced all tailight bulbs and dash bulbs.
I traced all wires in the engine compartment and they are fine. I traced harness under truck back to the ECM and they are fine and cannot find any cuts or breaks,
currently, have the entire dash in pieces and no shorts.

Am I missing anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do.

Please Help....

Lenny
I'm having a similar issue. Everything worked on my way to work, when I got off at 430 in the morning, the instrument cluster had no light, tail lights, brake lights, and running lights wouldn't light up either. Turn signals still work front and back and warning lights on the cluster (high beam indicator, abs, etc) are good. I checked and the fuses are still good. I'm seeing a lot of talk of relays and trailer light connections, so I will have to check for that. I'm running a beat up base model 1990 4Runner V6. It's in better shape now than when I bought it, but it still likes to throw out little quirks from time to time. The biggest being the starter randomly failing to engage, but that's another discussion. Any further guidance for this tailight and cluster light would be much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 635 Likes on 512 Posts
I had to repjace my fusebox, but that was only part of the problem.
I know this is old, well, a couple years, anywho. Having said that, if the gentleman (??) that made this post is still around, I need to know, was it the fuse box in the cab? Behind the driver's side kick panel?

If it was, can I please ask, where you got the replacement?? Mine caught fire. Yeah, the fuse box was literally flaming. Put it out with a fire extinguisher, but replacing the fuse box, and all the rest in there is proving problematic. IE: Where do I get one??

Any help you, or anyone else, can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks,
Pat☺
Old 02-04-2022, 04:11 AM

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
My tail lights quit working ..the trailer towing junction box was the culprit.

Hopkins HM43315
The following users liked this post:
RAD4Runner (02-04-2022)