Notices
Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

SouthEastYotaJam '04- Tellico Pics!

Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM
  #121  
Registered User
 
synovus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turboale
...but I should have something tonight, so STAY TUNED FOLKS!


synovus is offline  
Old 08-03-2004, 05:00 AM
  #122  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin-

Did you ever receive the CD I sent?
bamachem is offline  
Old 08-03-2004, 10:28 PM
  #123  
Registered User
 
884runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lilburn, Georgia
Posts: 369
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was everyone who went locked? or were there some rigs with open diffs like mine. and did you all have sliders too. those are the 2 things that i think i need before i go to tellico. For some reason i'm scared to go without them. but i really wanna go though.
alan
884runner is offline  
Old 08-04-2004, 01:48 AM
  #124  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep Gap, NC
Posts: 4,697
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 884runner
was everyone who went locked? or were there some rigs with open diffs like mine. and did you all have sliders too. those are the 2 things that i think i need before i go to tellico. For some reason i'm scared to go without them. but i really wanna go though.
alan
You can di ti with open diff's and no sliders, you just have to be careful. There were people that way on the trip, and I've done it personally with open diff's and no sliders. But, it's a lot more relaxinv to have them.

Chris
ravencr is offline  
Old 08-04-2004, 04:19 AM
  #125  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had 265/75's (~32"s) with sliders and only drug them a couple of times - very lightly too. What got beat to hell was the skids underneath. They took it well. I only used the locker maybe 8 or 10 times on the tough stuff. At first, I'd lock up before I even tried a line. Later in the day, I'd give everything a try first and was really suprised what I could make it through unlocked. Brian (waskillywabbit) was runing 285/75's (~33"s) with open diffs and did fine.
bamachem is offline  
Old 08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
  #126  
Registered User
 
884runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lilburn, Georgia
Posts: 369
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm i'll have my 33's by monday and sliders soon and maybe a locker with in a few months so by the time the new tellico trip is planed i'll be (in my mind) prepared. if not i trust you guys when you say i should be fine if i'm careful and i'll just go anyways.
thanks,
alan
884runner is offline  
Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 AM
  #127  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'd be fine. We ran some moderate trails (total of about 30 miles) and the only thing that happened was my stupid tail light got broken.... :pat:
bamachem is offline  
Old 10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
  #128  
Contributing Member
 
Doc279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Maryville, TN 37803
Posts: 897
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bamachem
You'd be fine. We ran some moderate trails (total of about 30 miles) and the only thing that happened was my stupid tail light got broken.... :pat:
Just made my reservations with Steve at Crawfords. The wife is not coming but my 17 year old son is. I ran Tellico several times with a 1990 stock 4 runner on 31 tires and drug a little but no problems. I have the Downey HD springs in the rear now and may not get my sliders on by November. going either way - pay attention to the spotters and pick the best line and you will not have any problems.

Looks like a big group - Steve told me that he does not have a lot of reservations made for this group - better make them soon !
or
Doc279 is offline  
Old 10-09-2004, 03:45 PM
  #129  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep Gap, NC
Posts: 4,697
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc279
Just made my reservations with Steve at Crawfords. The wife is not coming but my 17 year old son is. I ran Tellico several times with a 1990 stock 4 runner on 31 tires and drug a little but no problems. I have the Downey HD springs in the rear now and may not get my sliders on by November. going either way - pay attention to the spotters and pick the best line and you will not have any problems.

Looks like a big group - Steve told me that he does not have a lot of reservations made for this group - better make them soon !
or
Hey Doc, Paul would probably have some time he could weld those on for ya. Let me know.

Chris
ravencr is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
4.34runner88
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
19
02-07-2016 02:24 AM
Obmi
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
46
11-24-2015 11:37 AM
bobjohnson2121
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
5
09-17-2015 08:07 AM
HiLuxer
Axles - Suspensions - Tires - Wheels
2
09-09-2015 02:43 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SouthEastYotaJam '04- Tellico Pics!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: