Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifted my 2nd gen, now my butt sags

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lifted my 2nd gen, now my butt sags

I put a pro comp lift in my Second gen... when doing the rear, I notice that my truck was equipt with eibach springs.

Now my truck sags bad in the rear, it looks like all the other crappy saggy 4runners running around town.

I'm guessing that the eibach springs kept the sagg out of my butt department, but now that I'm lifted I'm sure they don't have longer springs.

here is a pic from last year sometiime before the motor went kaboom and before I put the lift in.... Now keep in mind there is over 500lbs of equipment inside the back area, and at about 500-650lbs of tonge wieght from that trailer.

that truck picture was in a folder with some pictures of pool tile that I've cleaned. here is a picture mid clean of the pool I was cleaning that day. The home owner guessed that it had been 30 years since the pool tile had been cleaned. One the left is 30ish years of buildup, on the right is after I cleaned.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 AM

what is up with that tile pic???

anyways, you could run some 4" superlift/pro comp/trailmaster rear springs. you'll definitely have to do something about the control arms, but they would give you the height you need...
Old 05-18-2005, 02:00 AM

guess I should have made myself a bit more clear. I put on a 4 inch procomp lift. Now after removing the eibach springs and putting on the procomp 4 inch taller springs, my rear end sags in proportion to the rest of the truck.

It's like I raised the front end 4 inches, but the rear only went up 2

what's wrong w/ the tile pic? read the heading above the picture if you confused why it's there...
Old 05-18-2005, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Eric
guess I should have made myself a bit more clear. I put on a 4 inch procomp lift. Now after removing the eibach springs and putting on the procomp 4 inch taller springs, my rear end sags in proportion to the rest of the truck.

what's wrong w/ the tile pic? read the heading above the picture if you confused why it's there...
okay, you might want to run a spacer then. seems to be the best solution to your problem. mine sits pretty level, so i never had to worry about it.

and the tile pic just seemed a bit random... that's all.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

You may want to try these. I have them in stock and ready to ship.

SDORI Rear Coil Spring Spacers Now on Sale @ trdparts4u.com Only $79.00 per Set.

These High Quality Spacers will give your 2nd Generation 4Runner 2" of lift in the rear. Combined with the 1.5" Ball Joint Spacers will lift and level your ride. (For off-road use it is recommended that longer shocks be installed to maximize downward travel.) Longer shocks such as OME N98front and N72F rear will complete this lift. Don't forget the OMESD33 Steering Stabiliser. OME901 HD springs are also available and will provide additional 1.5" of lift in the rear and a slight turn of the T-Bars will level out the front. All of these Quality parts are available and ready to ship. With this set-up your 4Runner will now accept tires up 33" (mild inner fender trimming may be required).

To place your orders or for additional information post your inquires to info@trdparts4u.com
Old 05-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by strap22
You may want to try these. I have them in stock and ready to ship.
cool, I'll probably check those out. any negative to running these? I would think a longer spring might be a safer alternative

These High Quality Spacers will give your 2nd Generation 4Runner 2" of lift in the rear. Combined with the 1.5" Ball Joint Spacers will lift and level your ride. (For off-road use it is recommended that longer shocks be installed to maximize downward travel.) Longer shocks such as OME N98front and N72F rear will complete this lift. Don't forget the OMESD33 Steering Stabiliser. OME901 HD springs are also available and will provide additional 1.5" of lift in the rear and a slight turn of the T-Bars will level out the front. All of these Quality parts are available and ready to ship. With this set-up your 4Runner will now accept tires up 33" (mild inner fender trimming may be required).
not sure if you read my post, but I've already installed a pro-comp 4 inch lift kit. I don't think your HD springs will help here. I think it might lower the rear even more. I already have longer pro-comp es3000 shocks, will I need even longer ones with the spacers/or longer springs?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:10 PM

go with those spacers, or some like them. the shocks you have now should be fine. if anything, they'll just limit your droop by an inch or two. no biggie.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I put a pro comp lift in my Second gen... when doing the rear, I notice that my truck was equipt with eibach springs.

Now my truck sags bad in the rear, it looks like all the other crappy saggy 4runners running around town.

I'm guessing that the eibach springs kept the sagg out of my butt department, but now that I'm lifted I'm sure they don't have longer springs.

here is a pic from last year sometiime before the motor went kaboom and before I put the lift in.... Now keep in mind there is over 500lbs of equipment inside the back area, and at about 500-650lbs of tonge wieght from that trailer.

that truck picture was in a folder with some pictures of pool tile that I've cleaned. here is a picture mid clean of the pool I was cleaning that day. The home owner guessed that it had been 30 years since the pool tile had been cleaned. One the left is 30ish years of buildup, on the right is after I cleaned.
FYI: on the 2nd gens the rear fender is cut lower than the front so it makes the rear look like it's sagging more than it really is. Measure from the frame and you’ll see what I mean.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:09 PM

does anybody make a 6 inch lift kit? If I could get a spring from a 6 inch lift, then that should even it out.

I would rather do spacers as my last resort...
Old 05-20-2005, 02:20 PM

the OME860 are 5.5" coils...