Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Tuff Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuff Stuff

Ok, I went out and got a can of Tuff Stuff. It is a spray can and it says foam cleaner. I guess that will work. I was just wondering, how do I use it. Just spray it on a cloth, wipe it on, and let it sit. Or do I have to do something else? I am going to clean my dash and other vinyl areas with it. I want to get all of the dirt and Armor All off.

Also, I have noticed (with the help of some on this board) that Armor All makes the windshield have a whiteish haze on it. I am going to stop using Armor-All. But I was hoping that someone could tell me a protectant similar to that, that does NOT leave a white haze on the windshield, and protects very well. I don't have alot of shopping areas around here, so hopefully it is something that can be bought at Walmart. Thanks for the help! :fireman:
Old 09-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Ryan, there is another post on here somewhere if you search for Tuff Stuff and in it someone mentioned a good protectant to use instead of Armor All.

The Tuff Stuff you bought in the can is really meant for upholstery and carpets.
It is the same formula as the spray I use, but it's not as easy to use if you want to do your vinyl on your doors, dash, etc.

Best to get the pump spray bottle for the cleaning of that stuff, and save the can you bought today to do the seats & carpet with.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:34 PM

Cool, thanks Corey! I thought that the foam might not work too well, I will have to see if I can find the pump spray stuff. I am guessing all you do is put it on a rag, rub it on and rub it off? Is that the correct way to use it for the vinyl? Thanks. :fireman:
Old 09-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
That is the way. Spray the rag, or spray the dash.
Doesn't matter.

Then rub in until dry.
You will be amzed at how clean it looks, and how well it looks naked without any dressing on it.

Here ya go, this was taken a few weeks back after I had cleaned the interior from our Greenwater trip.

I had not done the floormat yet though.
The Tuff Stuff can be used on it as well, and it will look brand new afterwards.
Corey
Old 09-29-2002, 07:06 PM

I too went out and purchased some Tuff Stuff this past weekend. Over the corse of the weekend, I was in quite a few different retail stores and even my local auto-parts store, and didn't see anythin but the foam can. I was sure to check the can to see if they suggested it for vinyl and dashes, and it said that it took care of all that.

I was looking for the spray initially too, but just didn't seem to find it anywhere. As far as the protector that people were reccomending, they said to use 303 or something. I didn't see much of that so I got this Eagle 1 stuff that said it didn't leave a greasy look. That's the main thing that Armor All seems to do, is leave things a bit greasy. I am sure that if you go with one that is anti-greasy, you will be fine.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:02 AM

Very cool. Thank you. I will have to see what I can find. I have off all week from school and want to get my 4Runner ready for winter. I am going to wash, wax, polish, bug and tar remove the outside. I am going go vacuum, clean, protect the interior and anything else that I may think of doing. I am also going to go get the tires rotated and fill any fluids that may be low! I am also going to do some work around the house here, so I can't wait. :fireman:
Old 09-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah I looked at walmart for it in the spray not the foam but didn't find any. I really didn't look anywhere else. If I decided to get off my lazy arse and actually goto the store (haven't been to a store besided the gas station in 3 weeks).
Old 09-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

I use it also. After seeing Corey's rig for the first time i was sold:eek:

I found out that Tuff Stuff works good on carpet with Kool Aid stains

Now if i can just buy the stuff by the gallon
Old 09-30-2002, 11:22 AM

Is it good for new material as well as older dashes and what not? It seems that a lot of the folks that are using it have a lot of dirt or stains to get out. Is Tuff Stuff too "tough" for a brand new surface, that really does not need much work?