Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

TLCA/TAC Event - Flat & Nasty (Oct 2nd - 4th)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLCA/TAC Event - Flat & Nasty (Oct 2nd - 4th)

It’s that time of year again, Tornado Alley Cruisers is hosting it’s 3rd annual “Get Flat Nasty with Tornado Alley Cruisers” at Flat Nasty Offroad Park.

The sign up sheet can be downloaded by clicking here

Please fill out and mail your completed registration including fees (no later than 9/19/2008) to:
Tornado Alley Cruisers
1116 E 84th ST
Kansas City, MO 64131

Our third annual TLCA-Open Event, hosted by Tornado Alley Cruisers, will feature three days of trail rides, BBQ dinner, raffle, driver’s raffle, kid’s prizes, and lots of family fun.

Flat Nasty Off-Road Park (www.flatnasty.net) is located 12 miles south of Salem, MO in the beautiful Ozarks. The park features 860 acres with ~ 50 miles of trails suitable for stock rigs to full competition buggies. There’s even one trail that has NEVER been driven in its entirety, and another so difficult that the park owner has put a cash bounty out for the first driver to make it to the top. Other attractions in the area include canoe / float trips on the Current River. There are three large primitive camping areas with an outhouse. Off-site lodging is available in nearby Salem, MO - a list of hotels is available on the Flat Nasty web site.

Event registration includes park fees for three days for driver, one raffle ticket, one driver’s raffle entry, one meal ticket for Friday evening, an event T-shirt, and event decal. Camping fees will be collected at park entrance for those desiring to camp at the park.
All trucks must pass TLCA safety guidelines. Each truck will be inspected at the event before
completing the registration process. This is now a TLCA-open event, and all participants are
welcome.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:57 PM

I am interested in this event. The thurday friday saturday is a little unattractive. Being that if I do come it would be from the chicago area and will take me about a day to get down there. It would be nice if they had a price for just friday and saturday. Also what is in the raffle? Anything like a Warn m8000 that was in the Chicago jamboree
Old 08-05-2008, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will most likely make it for this event....if my work lets me!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BAMF_CT2004
I am interested in this event. The thurday friday saturday is a little unattractive. Being that if I do come it would be from the chicago area and will take me about a day to get down there. It would be nice if they had a price for just friday and saturday. Also what is in the raffle? Anything like a Warn m8000 that was in the Chicago jamboree

The basic park fees for two days plus camping and if you throw in the shirt its almost that much as what they are charging for the whole event. I don't know what the raffle is this year but last year 1st prize was a Powered ARB cooler/refridgerator. I think there was also a set of 35" Pitbull Tires.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

You are correct on the ARB fridge and the Pitbull tires. The committee is working on gathering the raffle items as we speak. But there is usually plenty of swag being handed out in the raffle.

As for the rates for just a Friday Saturday, you should probably send an email direct to the organizer.

Last edited by Ranski; 08-15-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:58 AM

Good news! I will definitely be there for this event.....bringing about 6 or 7 other rigs with me too....see u guys there for some awesome trail ridin'

-Collier
Old 08-21-2008, 06:04 AM

That is great news...the planning committee is getting a little nervous about reservsation numbers so the sooner the you can get registered (like this week) the better. Looking forward to seeing another YotaTecher at the event.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ranski
That is great news...the planning committee is getting a little nervous about reservsation numbers so the sooner the you can get registered (like this week) the better. Looking forward to seeing another YotaTecher at the event.

yea i have at least 6 or 7 local guys here going....I know 2 or 3 have registered so far online...

Also there should be a few kiddos coming up from Arkanslaw