GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

3 Trucks, 2 antenea, 2 CB's, and 1 amp...Who will be the victor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 Trucks, 2 antenea, 2 CB's, and 1 amp...Who will be the victor?

Alright, my mom, dad, and I are having an argument. I was digging through my old Beretta getting some stuff out, and I came across some old equipment I haven't seen since my accident. My Cobra 148F GTL and my Trampler 150 AMP. Now, of course, first words out of my mouth were "These are going in my truck." Ha, my dad was out there and said "I don't think so, buddy."

So, of course, I put them in a place I figured would be neutral territory. With my mom...

She saw them, and said they are going in her truck (which just so happens to be the 4Runner at the moment [though, I am still driving it, and have been making payments on it so I could own it]).

We each want to put them in our trucks. The trucks are:

88 Ford F-150
84 Ford Ranger
87 Toyota 4Runner

At the moment, the anteneas are out in the garage, the CB is in the mudroom, and the amp is still in the car, along with a mount and 6 feet of coax. Now, of course, I have a 66% chance of having one of these here CB's in at least one rig, while my dad has a 33% chance. I even told BOTH of my parents the advantage, yet we are still going to compete.

The competition:
Once my pickup is fixed, we are going to have a scavanger hunt in Home Depot. We are going to buy fencing for our house, which also means a race. We go to HD, get the fencing, and race back home. Whoever gets home first with a 1/3 of the fencing gets a CB, and second place also gets a CB. And, whoever takes the Amp out of the Beretta gets the amp. The rules for that are that we are going to do it when somebody leasts expects it. Since I am home alone at the moment, both of the parents are probably suspecting that I will do it then, well, I know how lazy they are on weekends, so I am going to do it then when they are both home.

I know for a fact my dads truck doesn't run all that great at anything above 60, and the 4Runner shakes so bad my mom gets frightened. I haven't driven my Ranger all that much on the Highway, and I never did get it over 50, so I am not sure how it will do, but either way, I am stoked.

I just took a crap load of pictures. I could have easily gotten that Amp, but like I said before, when they least expect it. Some pictures are of the Beretta, and how messed up it got, while others are just some shots I took of the items going into this competition. I love how fun my family is

By the way, one of the pictures is the engine compartment of the Beretta. As you can see, there was no damage to the engine itself. 3 Days after the accident, I went and looked, and I was so happy I jumped in the air.

Here is 1 of the 10 footers

Last edited by Jimmeh; 05-02-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....or you could just buy another cb....
Old 05-02-2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by garrett1478
....or you could just buy another cb....
Yeah, but where would the fun come in with that?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

Wow the pics of the Beretta look bad...good luck!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
i dont understand, if they were in YOUR car before the accident, why should anyone else be entitled to them?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
i dont understand, if they were in YOUR car before the accident, why should anyone else be entitled to them?
Well, my parents are strange people. My dad originally bought one of the Cobras, so I threw in some money so he could buy another, but the amp was actually in the trunk of the car when I got it. We are just basically doing it in all fun and games. The real reason is to build the fence.

And, as I was digging through my garage today, I found 4 mics, so I decided to look for CB's, and I found one other one. The Cobras are nicer of course, but I will probably end up buying a fire stick and putting this older one into the Ranger.

Since I started this thread anyway, I figure I will ask it. Will we need to put any holes into the fire wall in order to get the coax through, (in the 4Runner) or is there a hole we could already use? With the Beretta, there was a hole we ended up using, but in order for me to get the coax out, I gotta take out the motor. It is tucked back there fairly good, and I can't get my arm down there. Also, does anybody know if a basic Radioshack store would carry some coax? We have about 30 feet of coax that goes to our base CB's 35 foot Antenea. We don't ever use it, and my dad said that if we can't find any shorter coax, we might as well just buy connectors, and then just splice the 30 foot.

Anybody got a Cobra 148?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:47 PM

I'd put it in the F-150. It looks like the better vehicle.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:35 AM

Ok, the F150 should win (engine size). But it really matters who is faster on their feet. Also, this seems like not a good idea, but keep us posted, i want to see who crashes first
Old 05-07-2006, 08:14 AM

Dude,
Let your parents have the gear! You could easily buy new stuff. Maybe, you could keep the 148. If I were in your shoes, thats all that I would keep. You can get a bigger amp, aka maul for a fairly decent price. That is a 150 right? Well, you could get slightly bigger mauls for a little under $100. Honest! I would also try to keep away from the Firestick. Your best bet would be a stainless steel whip. Radio Shack may have coax, but you will be better off with RG213 coax. Don't 4get to use PL 259 connectors. Don't mess with the coax you have running to your base antenna. Start fresh! If you are going to mount the antenna on the truck and you don't mind making sacrifices, get a rooftop antenna mount. Try also the antenna mount in the picture below. It is mounted by drilling through the roof. Got questions? Just ask.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Wink

Just some pictures of CB stuff...

IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/mike_1973/01dave.jpg[/IMG]

Don't 4get, if you are going to run alot of power, you need to have a little help from a bigger alternator...