Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

stock Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock Radio

I lost my knob for the CD/Tape head unit. Does anyone in here have an old one from one they replaced or that quit working?
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 AM

I have a factory tape player out of a 1991 Camry. Will any of those knobs help? If so, let me know or take a pic of the one you need and I'll send it to you. A pic would be nice so I could make sure it matches.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiger Paw
A pic would be nice so I could make sure it matches.
I'm not sure it will work because the reason this one fell off is because it was obtained from a '96 radio and did not have the same power control. I need one that has the push button power control and the volume control on the same knob. Here are the pics though:

Old 10-04-2004, 10:34 AM

I'll check the one I have when I get home tonight and I'll let ya know if it is the same kind of knob, function-wise.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:28 PM

I checked all over the garage, but I can't find the damn thing. My girlfriend must have tossed it out in her ongoing crusade to cure me of my "but I know I'll need it for something, someday" affliction. I'm heading to the junkyard tomorrow anyway so I'll check for ya while I'm there.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

I checked all over the garage, but I can't find the damn thing. My girlfriend must have tossed it out in her ongoing crusade to cure me of my "but I know I'll need it for something, someday" affliction. I'm heading to the junkyard tomorrow anyway so I'll check for ya while I'm there.
That would be great! While you are ther would you look for the power antena as well? After all these years off roading I just bent mine on a basketball net. :pat:

I am also going to use the story of your girlfriend as leverage for my wife. She tries to get me to throw away anything in my garage for some reason. Meanwhile, she still has the smiley face on a plate that our kids make in kindergarten.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:52 PM

No problem. I'll see what I can find.
Good luck with the wife. The garage is supposed to be my space, too. I figure I keep the rest of the house pretty clean and organized so why not left me have my "little mess" in the garage. I mean, just because I still have phone numbers from my friends in second grade (maybe they do still live in the same house) and chemistry notes from my junior year in high school (I'm 34 now) doesn't mean I'm a packrat. I guess I'm just sentimental or something.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 AM

Checked one yard today at lunch. Found a knob, but it was one that fits on the split silver post. It won't fit the notched post like yours. All of the antennas were either bent or broken off. I will check another yard tomorrow. I'm looking for a couple of cosmetic things for my truck so I don't mind.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Banned

Checked one yard today at lunch. Found a knob, but it was one that fits on the split silver post. It won't fit the notched post like yours. All of the antennas were either bent or broken off. I will check another yard tomorrow. I'm looking for a couple of cosmetic things for my truck so I don't mind.
Thanks a bunch! I wasn't able to get any free time until maybe this weekend. The big thing to look for on the knob is whether it is the push for power style, and the fact that it will fit the post...

Thanks again and I will post in here if I find one.