Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

just though I'd share...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
just though I'd share...

when I'm not playing around with my 91 PU, I'm probably playing around with my other hobby, like building my new rig

Specs:

MSI X58 Pro LGA 1366 Motherboard
Intel i7 920 @ stock 2.66ghz Processor
6GB Corsair XMS3 Memory
WD 1TB (OS, file storage, program files) for hard-drive 1
Seagate 300GB (Media Center recording) for hard-drive 2
MSI HD4870 1gb Graphics Card
Hauppauge WINTVHVR1600 HD TV Tuner card
Sigma Shark SP-585 585 watt Power Supply

All wrapped nicely in an Antec 902, and working on Windows Vista 64 bit

Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks fancy! I know very little about computers, but I'm guessing this one is pretty sweet, at least it looks cool
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Looks fancy! I know very little about computers, but I'm guessing this one is pretty sweet, at least it looks cool
Well in the past I've always built mid-range computers for myself out of parts that I could scrounge up. They normally did faily good, but they get outdated really fast.

With this one, I decided it was time to use current and upcoming technology so I decided on the main parts (the motherboard and processor) being something fresh, so enter the new line of i7 cores

Luckily my new job (well I say new; I've been there for about 9 months now) allowed me to explore with the cash some... dumped $1,300 into this build and that's just the tower; I already had the 22.5" LCD and everything else

It could still use a couple little things, like a better CPU cooler instead of the stock one... it's like my truck; I'll never be saticfied, cause there's ALWAYS something that can be made better

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-16-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder

It could still use a couple little things, like a better CPU cooler instead of the stock one... it's like my truck; I'll never be saticfied, cause there's ALWAYS something that can be made better
But you've got a yota so what else could you need? jk I know what ya mean. It's like that for mountain bikes with me
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Yeah, too bad your running Intel. Can't really overclock the i7's. Some changes can be done to the MSI board, but thats 'bout it.......

Sounds like a quick lil gaming machine!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LMFAO! Just like my friends! They all have these huge, crazy, built computers with blue lights and 5 fans.... but they know next to nothing about cars. Thats where I come in, with my limited knowledge of mainly only Yotas

Sweet looking compy...
Old 04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
Yeah, too bad your running Intel. Can't really overclock the i7's. Some changes can be done to the MSI board, but thats 'bout it.......

Sounds like a quick lil gaming machine!!!!
oh I beg to differ

granted there's no FSB on the i7's like most other procs, you can still OC

a buddy of mine has the 920 as well, running at 3.9ghz on air; I don't really feel the need to OC this thing though; I think it's a beast as is

Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
LMFAO! Just like my friends! They all have these huge, crazy, built computers with blue lights and 5 fans.... but they know next to nothing about cars. Thats where I come in, with my limited knowledge of mainly only Yotas

Sweet looking compy...
lol, I'm kinda a cross between the two... everybody wants me to help them fix their truck or car, then when we're done, they're like "hey can you tell me why my computer's doing this? what's wrong with it?"

Old 04-18-2009, 02:08 PM

my notebooke is at 80 percent physical memory with 76 processes with 1 gig ram chip hahh. you could have put a grand toward your yota for a lift but im a computer freak too lol
Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by gary96360
my notebooke is at 80 percent physical memory with 76 processes with 1 gig ram chip hahh. you could have put a grand toward your yota for a lift but im a computer freak too lol
lol, well half of the computer was paid for with tax return money anyway, and I have the time to mess with the computer, but not too tear my truck apart and have it down while I'm putting a lift on it

but yeah, I almost bought a locker and 4.88's instead, lol

seeing that I don't go out to the trails as much like I use to, and it's more of my daily commuter now that see's 4wd maybe only once or twice a month, I thought I'd get more use out of a new computer
Old 04-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sweet build! msi products are pretty good, i built my k8n (socket 939) like 4yrs ago lol and the only thing that has went bad is my north bridge fan. i was thinking Intel for my upcoming build but I'm a die hard AMD fan

she's still a runner though,

msi k8n mobo
amd64 3400+
2gb of ocz dual channel mem
120gb sata 3gb/sec
xfx 7900 gs 256mb
xp sp3

do you play any fps?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
HTC tilt phone?

Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nah moto q
Old 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very purty...
Old 04-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Dude.. I got a dell..

ya me a freind tryed building him a computer one time.. ya.. didnt work out so well lol

looks pretty sweet man, i give you props for learing to build them and building that beast.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
HTC tilt phone?

very close

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
nah moto q
nope

HTC Mogul

I wanted a Windows Mobile phone for so long, and I love Windows Mobile, and the features of the phone are nice, but the phone's too darned slow, lol, it can be a PITA some times

I may consider the Tilt when the time comes that I need a new one

Wab, I surprised you noticed that and not the leaf sping shackle bushings sitting under the moniter that came from YOU in your shackle kit I was able to get the metal center portions out of my stockers some how, and the stock bushings are working fine for now; when I get new leafs, they'll go in though

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 04-18-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Yota Tech's + Computer Tech's = Awesome.

I had to get up at 1 AM yesterday because a friend was building a computer, his first build, and something was wrong. He didn't push the memory in all the way.

I'm jealous of my Dad, he has a laptop table in his Accord, I want one for my Yota.

Awesome machine bleeder, great price too! Some guy who came into our store had one, he fried the i7 AND the MOBO. He paid like $300 apiece and Intel won't cover it.

When I get extra money it's hard to decide whether I should buy a computer related object, or Yota related object.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 24Runna
Awesome machine bleeder, great price too! Some guy who came into our store had one, he fried the i7 AND the MOBO. He paid like $300 apiece and Intel won't cover it.
lol, yeah I think the mobo and proc was half the price of this build

but as they say, you gotta pay to play

how'd he fry them? just overheated, or was he pushing it with some OCing?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 PM

lol, yeah I think the mobo and proc was half the price of this build

but as they say, you gotta pay to play

how'd he fry them? just overheated, or was he pushing it with some OCing?
He pretty much just shoved the i7 into the MOBO with not a care in the world. He broke a few pins, bent some others, and fried it when he turned it on.

Makes me wonder....
Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 24Runna
He pretty much just shoved the i7 into the MOBO with not a care in the world. He broke a few pins, bent some others, and fried it when he turned it on.

Makes me wonder....
my god there's a lot of freek'n pins in the 1366 socket isn't there, lol

yeah that was kinda stupid on his part spend $600 on computer parts that you're not sure how to put together?

in the midst of the new processor core designing and all, Intel should have thought up a better way to mount the heat sink... I wasn't a big fan of the way it mounted on my old dual core 775 rig, and to find the same method of locking it down on the 1366 socket, kinda had me dissapointed... I'd rather have the dangerous feeling 478 style lock in, lol. so what if it made the mobo bend, you knew that hinksink was held tight against the proc
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM

oh I beg to differ

granted there's no FSB on the i7's like most other procs, you can still OC

a buddy of mine has the 920 as well, running at 3.9ghz on air; I don't really feel the need to OC this thing though; I think it's a beast as is
I didn't say you couldn't OC it, just that it's just more involved, and not as many choices on how to OC it......

My lil Acer Aspire 4520 is OC's from 1.8 to 2.5GHz. Now if only I could OC the graphics on this laptop.....still working on it.....lol

Quick Reply: just though I'd share...