Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

Downloading music? need help with that one.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Downloading music? need help with that one.

so ive noticed there's alooottt of computer people here on yotatech, figured id reach out and ask for a hand. I have a list of songs i want to download onto a cd, but i have no idea how to download music...

im not really big on downloading this and that, because it just pops up all the time, and when im actually looking for it, i cant find it.

so anyway, is there a way to just type a song onto the computer and then have it in my music file? i THINK once i get the music onto my computer i will be able to figure out how to put it on a cd.

if anybody could point me in the right direction i would be ever so thankfull. yotatech is about the only thing i know how to work on here LOL (well i am pretty good at the internet in general i guess)
Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Downloading music is considered copyright infringement and is certainly illegal. I personally wouldn't ask someone how to do it other a forum based website, especially by creating a thread about it. Im not saying im a perfect little angel, but unless someone tells you how to do it in a PM, or in person. Im gonna say download itunes, and buy all those songs you would like to have on that CD.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM

so theres no way at all to download music other then "steal it"?

so all this time, people i knew who were putting music on mp3 players and cd's were actually stealing it?

wow, who would have thought it.

time to close this thread?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 85gijunk4x4
so theres no way at all to download music other then "steal it"?
well, download for free of course.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM

itunes or zune would be the easiest way..... plus the most legal. i wont write how to do it because that would be against forum rules... i just rediscovered this site and some folks i miss chattin with, dont want to throw that away over .99 cent songs. hahah. its quite easy to do.... google is your friend, as we say on Hackint0sh.org

and download free? no. but if you have friends that have the cds you want, have them come over with the cds then import them to your itunes library. there u go

Last edited by ozziesironmanoffroad; 06-23-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM

thanks for the help, gotta say though i have no idea what import is, or an itunes library...but im thinking what you mean is take the songs off and put them in a music folder.

the cd is actually for my grandma (and me too i guess ) its classic country from around the 50's to the 80's, were talkin d.a.c, Tom T. Hall, grandpa jones etc. so the music is actually really hard to find.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Most music nowadays is stolen, or downloaded illegally. 90% of music on ipods, phones, and any other MP3 player is probably stolen as well. Other than quality, theres no real way to tell on an mp3 player that the music has been stolen. but as per forum rules, I cant personally tell you how/where to get the programs needed to download music illegally.

There are ways of "sharing" music. such as, if someone has a CD or ipod, there are ways to rewrite their songs onto your itunes. But if the CD or music on the ipod has downloaded songs, thats just as illegal as downloading music since when you download its more of a "sharing" form.

As far as LEGAL ways of downloading music is Zune or Itunes. most songs are .50 - .99 cents. its relatively cheap, and CD quality. And thats the only way to get them on a CD.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
Most music nowadays is stolen, or downloaded illegally. 90% of music on ipods, phones, and any other MP3 player is probably stolen as well. Other than quality, theres no real way to tell on an mp3 player that the music has been stolen. but as per forum rules, I cant personally tell you how/where to get the programs needed to download music illegally.

There are ways of "sharing" music. such as, if someone has a CD or ipod, there are ways to rewrite their songs onto your itunes. But if the CD or music on the ipod has downloaded songs, thats just as illegal as downloading music since when you download its more of a "sharing" form.

As far as LEGAL ways of downloading music is Zune or Itunes. most songs are .50 - .99 cents. its relatively cheap, and CD quality. And thats the only way to get them on a CD.
oops.... oh wait... ok fine. ill write on the chalkboard 1000 times : I SHALT NOT STEAL MUSIC.

i buy music now, but i still have some stuff i got way back when. or when u cant find the artist ANYWHERE, in iTunes, Zune, etc?? no other way around "stealing" it. you TRIED to buy it, but NO ONE has it. perfect example? find me just ONE of "wolfsbane"'s songs on iTunes or Zune.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

hey, thanks for clearing that up for me mak92.

i apologize for the noob mistake, i was always under the impression that there was some sort of website you type the song into and download it 100% legal.

i never knew "stolen" music was such a big thing, seems like everybodys doing it lol.

im sure the record companies arent too happy about all these people not paying
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

I get mine from amazon.com, I have found that it is usually cheaper than itunes. Illegal downloading has actually been a big thing for a while, there have been people to get in trouble for it. I know a while back, Metallica made a big stink about illegal downloads.