Texas Texas Chapter

Who is good at designing stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keisur
no, what I was thinking was that if your guy can get them made with the existing image lets do that. plus he's cheaper at $3 each. don't worry about stepping on toes, I just want a sticker, not a decal.

I have my lars discos I got from my buddy Joey a couple months ago that I'll be putting on tomorrow. He said he didn't really need them and basically handed them to me. but being a gent I gave him some cash for them because I didn't feel right just taking them. Make sure you take pics of the SAWs install and stuff. it'll bring back memories since I did mine 2 years ago.
I hope to hear from "my guy" in the morning. He has not said he could not do it with the image I gave him ( but the image I gave him sucks)
I am sure it will be way too much ass pain to have him do it because I can not draw worth dink. At this point, I just want a damn sticker to plaster my 4roc pride (not rainbow pride either )
Good deal you got on the discos... and about the pictures... SHO'NUFF sir.. pics will follow ( If I get my damn rears )
Old 06-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

So did your boyfriend, I mean your th-tickerman contact you today? I didn't get the time to work on a vector image today.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Yeth he did,

He said I neded a vector before he could do anything...

Lets just go with your guy
Old 06-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

well my man needs a vector too. I guess I'll have to try to make one. I have no idea how but I'll figure it out and only get two thtickers made I guess. I could have my wife print out the .gif file on transparent sticker paper on her color laser printer at work. it would be ok temporarily but look really cheap. I think you and me are the only ones that want stickers anymore. We should just cut the letters out of various ones and stick them in order, you know, like those old kidnapping ransom letters, a bunch of different letters cut out of newspapers and magazines put together to form words.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Contributing Member

I think that you are 5 steps ahead of me...I have no idea what a vectored picture is. They can't do the stuff off of a jpeg? or gif?

I am sure people would want the stickers but, are trying to stay out of the asspain that designing and finding someone to do it is. Hell, I am sure if we offer them on the main board to all the yota people they will buy them...They can take off the TX on the bottom and they can pass it off as a patriotic 4roc.

Well you and your wife can use the color printer at her work...I on the other hand will get some magazines together and cut out the letters I need .. it will look ghetto but it will be mine
Old 06-11-2004, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

well, half the job is done. we got two people to make them relatively cheap. we just need one of the graphics gurus, and I know there are a bunch of them here, to help out. I don't know if I can even get a demo of a software that can create a vector image. A vector image is one that is based on math equations unlike actual shapes. I saw it on the internet described as vector image is like a bowl of fruit where you can touch and move each individual piece of fruit. a regular (raster) image is one where that bowl of fruit is just one fixed piece, you can only move the whole bowl of fruit or nothing at all.

I don't quite get why that can't work off a .jpg, .bmp, or .gif either. I guess it's just like a CNC machine, it has to be that special format for the printing software to read it.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by keisur
well, half the job is done. we got two people to make them relatively cheap. we just need one of the graphics gurus, and I know there are a bunch of them here, to help out. I don't know if I can even get a demo of a software that can create a vector image. A vector image is one that is based on math equations unlike actual shapes. I saw it on the internet described as vector image is like a bowl of fruit where you can touch and move each individual piece of fruit. a regular (raster) image is one where that bowl of fruit is just one fixed piece, you can only move the whole bowl of fruit or nothing at all.

I don't quite get why that can't work off a .jpg, .bmp, or .gif either. I guess it's just like a CNC machine, it has to be that special format for the printing software to read it.
Find out what kind of file they need. I have photoshop and it says it can convert to *.EPS, *.PSP, etc. I just looked in the help under vector graphics.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wild_Bill
Find out what kind of file they need. I have photoshop and it says it can convert to *.EPS, *.PSP, etc. I just looked in the help under vector graphics.
Thats cool...
unfortunatly though. Someone will have to re draw it. Scofco did a great job with the design but when you enlarge the image it is very rough.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wild_Bill
I already tried that. I have psp 8 and photoshop 7. I converted the .gif to .eps but it converts the whole image as one object. there needs to be 3 different objects, one for each color. I guess I could convert it and trace each color out and ungroup them but that would take all day.

I wonder how all the other states got there stickers made.

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
Thats cool...
unfortunatly though. Someone will have to re draw it. Scofco did a great job with the design but when you enlarge the image it is very rough.
yea, a vector image is a line based one so you can scale it up with no distortion, like an autocad drawing. the gifs, jpgs, etc. all can't be scaled without distortion. that's why they gotta have the .eps, that and the different colors.

I'm about to just abandon it though. I can't draw for crap and unless we can get somebody to whip it up in .eps format then we're gonna need to start cutting magazines.

Last edited by keisur; 06-11-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Stickers Are Going To Be Available

After me posting THIS THREAD on www.4roc.org, I got a response from Turboale and he created THIS THREAD.
So what I need you guys to do is to go vote on THIS THREAD and we can get these things cranked out. For the record I would like to see the font to stay consistent throughout the country but that's what the vote is going to dictate, so please vote.

J.