Arizona Arizona Chapter

New yota forum

Old 12-24-2007, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New yota forum

This one is in the early stages of development but fiqured that I'd pass it along to the Arizona guys before posting it up on the main board. If anyone is interested.

http://yota-rocks.forumotion.com/index.htm

I know we are all on multiple forums, so another one can't hurt.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice... thanks for the tip.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Careful posting other boards here.... They dont like that.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
Careful posting other boards here.... They dont like that.
Nothing wrong with their forum at all, it is a local AZ. one.
Forum for Southern Arizona Toyota 4X4 owners and enthusiasts.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

So because YT is a national board, we are allowed to post "local" ish boards? Including tech write ups and things of that nature from our local boards? we just arent allowed to post any other national boards, is that it?

Just clarifying.

If you go to thier site, it clearly has tech sections. And is this not also a fairly clear violation of Rule 17? Far clearer than me posting a tech article that i wrote, that is on another site... This is a pretty blatant example of "trolling for members" no?

For reference: Rule 17 is as follows:

17. Other Clubs And Organizations

Please do not use this board to actively solicit membership for other clubs or organizations. We do not come to your board and recruit members, please show us the same courtesy. Recruitment equals spam and you will be banned accordingly.

Located HERE

Why the problem with only SELECTIVE enforcement of this rule with certain members/boards?
Maybe you hate the board i posted... Maybe you hate me, I dont know...
But I see t4r.org links everywhere, and even you post fjcruiser.com links...what gives?

Last edited by 04 Rocko Taco; 12-24-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:32 AM

So because YT is a national board, we are allowed to post "local" ish boards? Including tech write ups and things of that nature from our local boards? we just arent allowed to post any other national boards, is that it?

Just clarifying.

If you go to thier site, it clearly has tech sections. And is this not also a fairly clear violation of Rule 17? Far clearer than me posting a tech article that i wrote, that is on another site... This is a pretty blatant example of "trolling for members" no?

Please do not use this board to actively solicit membership for other clubs or organizations. We do not come to your board and recruit members, please show us the same courtesy. Recruitment equals spam and you will be banned accordingly.

Located HERE

Why the problem with only SELECTIVE enforcement of this rule with certain members/boards?
But I see t4r.org links everywhere, and even you post fjcruiser.com links...what gives?
I understand where your coming.

I'm not trying to voliate any rules and it's not my intent. Nor will it ever be.
Sometimes you can't get a clear answer on a question so you have to go to another forum to get the answer. This is the way that I found yotatech, ttora, toyotanation among the other forums that I'm on.

Different people on differen sites. It's a way to meet more people and learn more about the local trails and different tech tips. No site will ever have all the answers that are needed.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by wormhole
I understand where your coming.

I'm not trying to voliate any rules and it's not my intent. Nor will it ever be.
Sometimes you can't get a clear answer on a question so you have to go to another forum to get the answer. This is the way that I found yotatech, ttora, toyotanation among the other forums that I'm on.

Different people on differen sites. It's a way to meet more people and learn more about the local trails and different tech tips. No site will ever have all the answers that are needed.
I am with you 100% I'm just trying to clarify the rules with the mods, because I got an infraction for posting a link to another forum. I just want to know what exactly the rules are here, whats allowed, and whats not.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just clarifying.

Located HERE

ya, what they mean is they dont want you posting spam about how you need to join other forums, etc etc. at the same time they dont want you bashing other forums either. you can mention names, and reccomend forums for people to check out, you just cant actively promote new memberships in said forums. so basically: dont try to get people to join other forums, and dont bash other forums. (though P4by4 is an exception....ahahahahaha. KIDDING!!)