North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

First Official Run Aug August 11th-12th

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Official Run Aug August 11th-12th

Ok guys, lets do this!
August 11th-12th, Uwahree Run Hopefully Pro will have a signup page on the site so we can get an offical count of everyone planning to attend. Lets camp there, so we can make it worth the trip for the people that aren't really that close! If we get really organized, we can organize different people to bring different foods. I hopefully will have my cooler/gasgrill combo by then and we can grill out and !
Old 07-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

mmmmm, steaks and after a long day of wheelin . . . my mouth is watering already
Old 07-22-2003, 08:15 PM

Sounds good to me. Lemme see if I can make it. I get back in town from Jamaica on the 9th. Ill hit up Scott if I see him on AIM sometime. Hit me up sometime on ProLax013 when we get to organizing this everyone.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member

Ill hit up Scott if I see him on AIM sometime.
Hey Dave no need to do that I'm already here. That sounds like a plan to me. For those of you who don't know already I got in a wreck with my black Runner a few days back. So hopefully things will work out financialy, but one way or another I will be able to make it but I will prolly be unable to drive. My new Runner won't have shoes on by then, my 15" seeelies from my black Runner won't fit ovr the calipers and I an't afford a new set of tires for a little while. I might just drive my new one down there and ride along or I might need a ride. NCSU would you still be willng to swing by here andget me or would that be too out of your way. Either way I will ask off of work tomarrow. WE got lots of planning to go so no rus for now.

AIM name, Stump1883, just in case anyone wants to do some early planning.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

NCSU would you still be willng to swing by here andget me or would that be too out of your way.
hey man im down with whatever, i dont mind comin to get you esp if youd be willing to help cover gas
Old 07-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Hey NCSU, sure the gas deal sounds fine, I'll let you know though because after the wreck and all the wallet is kinda tight. I may be abe to drive my new rig down there just not wheel, but either way sounds cool. I just really want to be a part of this thing, since Ican't drive I will definatley be full time camera man/spotter. Can't wait.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

Sweeeet, this thing is gonna turn out well!

Stump, you should atleast bring your rig even if you don't ride it b/c I'll be taking pictures to post some new Poster/Backgrounds for our chapter and I'm sure your gonna want to get in on that, but don't over press the wallet. Thats def priority! What do you guys think about the food issue? I'm bringing a grill! Just picked it up today, its a new Webber, its called the Q or something. Pretty neat little unit. Anyway... if you want to do a thing where one person brings meat, one brings brew, one brings salad or something, and another brings buns that woud be awesome. I will have one possibly two coolers. What are you guys bringing as far as camping gear? Are people bringing tents or what? I'll prolly just end up folding the seats down and cracking the windows...
Old 07-24-2003, 04:20 PM

I would really like to go on the Uwharrie run with everyone. Just wanted to let you know I'm not a 4runner owner I drive a 94 toyota 4x4 xtracab pickup. Click on the link in my sig. I'm all set for camping equipment (tent, stove, lantern, cooler, ect.) As far as the food goes let me know what you would like me to bring.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

hey guys, i wouldnt much worry about bringing food, its only like 5 miles from Troy so we can stop in the grocery store and have everyone split up what we want to eat . . . and drink
Old 07-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, sound good to me!
Glad to hear your aboard evil
Old 07-26-2003, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

Dang it I am soooooo pissed of that I can't be driving on this one, it would be a great place to test out my 5spd skills off road. I'm going to put my wheel and tire package up for sale soon and if I can sell them fast enough then maybe I can get the MT/Rs here soon enough to drive. . I think it's just wishfull thinking though. Is anyne bringng friends or wil there be plenty of ride along room? I know Prolax and I will be riding, unless a miricle occurs for me.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

Dang it I am soooooo pissed of that I can't be driving on this one, it would be a great place to test out my 5spd skills off road
hey i dont have any problems with you trying out some easy to moderate stuff on my truck, just keep the shiny side up man
Old 07-27-2003, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member

My g/f might be comming but doesn't look too promising, but I'll probably have room! I think a guy whith a taco is comming to, that reminds me i need to give him a ring.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

ok lets see if i got the guest list straight:

Jeremy (NCSU-4runner) Driving

Andrew (minidisc8) Driving ?

Austin (TurboAle) Driving

David (Prolax) Driving ?

Scott (Stump1883) Riding ?

Dave(Evilcow) Driving

ok lemme know any changes that need to be made

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 07-28-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

Prolax Driving, are you really gona take your rig out on the trails man. I thought you were trying to sell it? Either way we need to get some more definate drivers down, I wish I could be part of that list but it doesn't look promissing. I have to talk my dad away from my new one for those few days he has been enjoying the new one since we bought it, until I can sell my old one.

NCSU thanks for the offer to try a bit at the wheel, we'll get out there and see how you feel about it then and how I feel confidence wise, I still have ALOT to learn. If I can fix my CV boot up front then I might just take a swing at things w/ my stock tires on and the locker on just for back up. Who knows, but I'm really excited, it's getting closer by the day.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

I have a call in with a buddy of mine with a taco, but haven't heard back yet. I also need to leave a note on a white 2nd gen on the road i take to work...
Old 07-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

How is everyone's recovery equipment? Does everyone have front and rear tow points? And the tie down holes do NOT count. The tow bar in the rear is good enough for a rear tow point, just make sure your tow hooks in front are good. Mine is a bit bent, but luckily i have the TJM now Whos got a tow strap? I broke mine when my car went for a swim, but I will go pick up another one if we only have one other in the caravan. Always have to have a spare. Check tire pressures of your spare tires too!

I wish SSbogger could go, but I think hes going to the beach on the 10th. His lift is looking goooood too

Last edited by turboale; 07-28-2003 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:50 PM

I've got a front hook and rear hitch but no strap. You guys with stock trucks (me included) will be ok if we stay off the difficult trails and take it easy.
I will be driving.
Dave
Old 07-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

ive got one strap, im gonna ask if i can borrow another one
Old 07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

ok as for a place to meet:

the trails are off of Hwy 109 north of troy, where hwy 109 interesects Hwy 24 (the main street of troy) is a McDonalds, i say we meet there since its real obvious and everyone should be able to find it real easy. as far as a time. . . i dunno. its only an hour and a half drive for me so i dont mind getting there early. i may even go out sunday night the 10th and camp out just for fun. (if scott ends up not needing a ride)

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 07-28-2003 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: First Official Run Aug August 11th-12th