First Official Run Aug August 11th-12th

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
updated attendance list (Aug 1st):

Jeremy (NCSU-4runner) Driving (12th)

Andrew (minidisc8) Driving

Austin (TurboAle) Driving (my gf will be riding... )

David (Prolax) Riding

Scott (Stump1883) Riding

Dave (Evilcow) Driving

Jon (Hyperlite) Driving

Matt (CustomCruiser) Driving

looks like a pretty good guest list :

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 08-01-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 PM

I will be riding UNLESS I find a nice 85 4Runner in the nick of time (the one I had been looking at for $2900 sold to someone else :cry: )
Old 08-01-2003, 10:50 AM

I'm finally comitting to this thing. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

Heck yeah!
Glad to hear your gonna make it andrew, and sorry to hear that Jeremy is gonna miss out on the cookout but I'm glad we didn't lose you completely. Hey Jon, got any idea on how to get to this place?

Thanks!

Edit:
-Everyone be sure to check the "equipment needed thread", don't want to get out there and be w/o anything!
-I don't know if the list includes guests, but my gf will be riding...

Last edited by turboale; 08-01-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

if some of you guys could private message me your cell phone numbers that would be great. dont have too much fun without me on day one ill be sure to have a drink for each of you while im sittin on the white sand beaches of the caribbean
Old 08-03-2003, 05:13 AM

I dont know about you guys but my cell phone doesnt work in Uwharrie.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

I don't know about my cell working in Uwahrrie, I've never been down there before. But I do know that my phone has worked in some of the weirdest places that I neve thought it would have. Verizon has never let me down yet, aside from all the droped calls that I get int eh grocery store 2 miles from my house .

Jeremy you got a PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Stump1883
I don't know about my cell working in Uwahrrie, I've never been down there before. But I do know that my phone has worked in some of the weirdest places that I neve thought it would have. Verizon has never let me down yet, aside from all the droped calls that I get int eh grocery store 2 miles from my house .

Jeremy you got a PM.

I have verizon too and it works in alot of places others dont. I was just going to suggest, even though I cant make it, that yall exchange cell numbers incase someone cant find the Eld. Outpost. I hate I cant be there guys, sounds like it will be a blast!!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

How about everyone pm your aol screen name to me and we can have a priv. chat. Good idea SS. Still haven't gotten directions to the meeting place?

Everyone-Don't forget to look at the other threads, and vote on the carolinas thing! Thanks.

ss- we need to schedule a Boone Meet before the 2nd of sept (when I leave for school) Do you know any trails up there? I think Jon knows some. I want to see your rig!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:27 AM

well this is the 3rd time i am trying to post so hopfully it will work

dont use aol

try mapquest
Eldorado Outpost
4021 NC Highway 109 N
Troy, NC 27371

jon is going to banner elk this weekend so he will checkout and see if any new trails around boone

i heard that westbowl is being plotted for a golf course:cry: -- those damn 4 letter words
Old 08-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Sweet,
thanks for the addy Matt! Mapquest poped them right out. 3hr 40min estimate for me. Atleast we will be meeting on monday and won't have to deal with weekend traffic.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:40 PM

I only know of one and I went to it yesterday. It has several creek crossings but the most difficult part they made super easy by putting rocks and gravle on it to level it out. There would be no need for straps or winches and I have seen some stock vehicles run it if that gives you an idea of the difficulty but it is fun none the less. I didnt go to far in yesterday so I dont know what else has changed. I do know that there used to be a big place with a bunch of hill climbs and there are a few places to go off the trail and probably get stuck or atleast try to. Other than that the only other places I know of are in an area between Brown Mountain Beech and Boone. There are a bunch trails off the main gravel road and Im not sure of the difficulty because I didnt have the time to explore much. It takes about 30 min to get there from Boone.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

This is turing to be a really nice ride. I'm getting really excited now. I just think we really need to have a big group chat or something that we can all do some Q&A with. Because I know there are some questions I have and I'm almost 100% sure others do to.

For those of us riding, basically Prolax and myself: 1.) We shouldn't worry about much gear, only personal items and our own tents? Also how much is all this going to end up osting, I need a nice round about number here, nothing right on but just an estimate?
- Trail Fees --> are we going to split them?
- Parking Fees--> For Pro and I who will have to park?
- Food Bill--> How much would you guys suggest to bring?
- Gas--> Will Pro and I be expected to help out in this area?

I'm tight on cash right now with the wreck and all but I'm still trying to make this work so any help with an estmate would be appreciated.

Will we be leaving Tuesday evening/night? If not I will because my court date is on the13th at 8:30 a.m. :cry:
Old 08-07-2003, 12:19 PM

i think trail fees are $5 a day per rig
camping i think ~$12 a night thats if you wanna camp in desinated area -- you can camp on the trail but probally cant have a fire.
dont know if any parking fees
food i have no idea
gas -- that up to the person who's driving
Old 08-08-2003, 10:28 AM

Hey guys
I just found out that some relatives of mine are coming into town over this trip. I really need to stick around and see them. It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it.
Sorry guys, hope you all have fun.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

eyguy, it looks as though I won't be able to make it to Uwharrie until Tuesday. I located a rear axel for my wrecked Runner on Friday and I'm going to pick it up and put it in on Monday. So I will try to be there bright and early on Tuesday. Can anyone help me out with a good time t meet up and cell phone number that I could get yall at. I would like to hook up with Jeremy(NCSU) seeing how that is theday he will be coming in too, does anyone know anything about when he might be there, that ay he and I could take his Runner in to meet up with yall. Please help me out here, I know it's last minute but that is all I got right now. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, we could all meet at the same gas station at a set time say 10 on tuesday like we are on monday.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

OK, so here is the official info.
We are meeting at eldorado outpost at 11am tomorrow. We can gas up and air down there. We can take some preliminary pictures for the site with the rigs that aren't going to make it down the trail. We can decide what camp ground etc then too. Ok, originally I thought the camp grounds were located inside the park, but since it looks like we will be comming back by eldorado, we can just pickup the food then (right? ) If not, then we don't have to buy the meat then. My dad will be comming tomorrow evening, so he can bring it then and it won't have a chance to go bad. Hope everyone is ready!! Hey Jon or Matt, could you PM me one of your cell #s? Since I have never been there. I'm usually good with directions, but... you never know, it would be a huge help. Thanks!! I just checked the weather and it says now that there is 40% chance of afternoon thunder storms (great ) Well, if anyone has a tarp might be good to bring an extra, if not two. I have one i'll bring and some rope. Don't forget your rain covers for the tents!

--I think we should check out the camp ground before we head out. Espcially if its going to be nice during the day, and raining at night. Then we won't have to worry about seting up when we are all tired and just want to eat and and sleeeeeeeeep.

Last edited by turboale; 08-10-2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

eyguy, it looks as though I won't be able to make it to Uwharrie until Tuesday. I located a rear axel for my wrecked Runner on Friday and I'm going to pick it up and put it in on Monday. So I will try to be there bright and early on Tuesday. Can anyone help me out with a good time t meet up and cell phone number that I could get yall at. I would like to hook up with Jeremy(NCSU) seeing how that is theday he will be coming in too, does anyone know anything about when he might be there, that ay he and I could take his Runner in to meet up with yall. Please help me out here, I know it's last minute but that is all I got right now. Thanks.
hey, left you a pm with my cell #. im in SC right now (monday night) but im getting ready to leave for troy , prob get there a little after midnight, hopefully ill be able to find the guys, figure theyll be pretty much the only big group of yotas camping out so i think ill be ok, if not ill just meet up with everyone at that outpost place at 10.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:46 PM

I just got back. They are staying at the Badin Lake campground you will find them there.
Had a great time today fellas cant wait to see the pics. Great meeting everybody. Lets do it again soon.
Dave

Quick Reply: First Official Run Aug August 11th-12th