Virginia Virginia Chapter

Work to be done - can help or need help - post here!

Old 10-22-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dajabr
That sucks, had it off early last year to diagnose, everyting looked almost new and appeared to work fine through the whole drivetrain but we didn't think to count the teeth. Everything looks great and works up there, we could not figure out what was wrong. I'll show you how 4x4 behaves on that dirt road, maybe you'll be intrigued by this mystery...

If I offroaded enough this would be the time to SAS! If you wanna help that would be cool, with my wedding coming up I'm glad to save as much money as possible. Have you done IFS rotors/bearings before? Maybe I can just buy the bearings and save us the repacking time and effort. Frankly I don't trust myself to do this, maybe we could do another wrenching party? Our new member Tim wanted to get together too, you guys have similar rigs...
Dude----Let me know when the next wrenching party is and I am there! I need those spacers installed!

Shaun

FYI-I will bring the beer!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

I'm putting the brakes on hold for a while, have bigger fish to fry and I just hauled a load of wood with no problems so it can wait. Replacing the spare mech would do me the most good right now and would be pretty quick with the right tools. But I can meet up and help out with the other projects. John has an elocker going in that I'd like to help with and learn from, and would love to try my hand at tube bending!
Contracts are crazy just now, the fokkers killed one just cuz I got sick, and I might have a 2 week gig starting Nov. 2.

One day this week is cool with me...
Old 10-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Banned

i just bought 2 pairs of Hella 500s and a pair of Hella 550s for the rack. I need to fab some mounting brackets b/c im too cheap to buy them. they are 30 a pair and i would need 3. Thats almost what i paid for the lights

Matt
Old 10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Matt,
I'm in the same boat as you with finding mounts for my rack. Go check your local Lowes or Home Depot hardware section. I found some nice cheap "L" brackets that would work on my 4" tall Wilderness rack. They also have a section with steel and aluminum plates and strips for fab work. With a drill and dremel (or even a hacksaw) you could make some light mounts really cheap.

Originally Posted by Localmotion
i just bought 2 pairs of Hella 500s and a pair of Hella 550s for the rack. I need to fab some mounting brackets b/c im too cheap to buy them. they are 30 a pair and i would need 3. Thats almost what i paid for the lights

Matt
Old 10-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Roadrunner
Matt,
I'm in the same boat as you with finding mounts for my rack. Go check your local Lowes or Home Depot hardware section. I found some nice cheap "L" brackets that would work on my 4" tall Wilderness rack. They also have a section with steel and aluminum plates and strips for fab work. With a drill and dremel (or even a hacksaw) you could make some light mounts really cheap.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. I'll have to do them this weekend.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

OK! Last day of Current contract is monday, so I'm up for a day of wrenching. Am gonna prioritize my spare mehcanism over the brakes, but wanna see what other projects people need to be done before the snow falls.
John, how about that elocker? I wanna see that...
Old 11-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

I have a 1" Roger Brown body lift w/steering extension that's still sitting in the box.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:18 AM

dan, elocker is all done and installed. i also wired my extreme aire compressor and plumbed it with a tank to use for my front ARB which i just installed. i picked up some tacoma rear springs this weekend that im gonna have to make fit on the front, basicaly all i am doing now is redoing all the spring mounts and shackles one by one, no big projects right now. but i would be willing to meet up with yall and help with somethin if ya need me.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Would loved to have seen the elocker install. If you want some help with your mounts and shackles this week would be good for me. I'd like to do just my spare mechanism, since I really need the space back there, then the bigger front end issues later on.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Banned

I Finally got around to installing my rear coils...but my friend and I werent brave enough to do the IFS front. The rear was easy. We also put up the 4 hellas. Now all I have to do is install the front 881s and reverse lights. :pat:

Matt
Old 11-17-2004, 04:54 AM

matt, do you have a place to do work at? i have to work saturday, but i am free on sunday if you want to tackle the front, id come by and show you. the front is a little more difficult but not hard, all you would have to do is rent the coil compressors from autozone.

Originally Posted by Localmotion
I Finally got around to installing my rear coils...but my friend and I werent brave enough to do the IFS front. The rear was easy. We also put up the 4 hellas. Now all I have to do is install the front 881s and reverse lights. :pat:

Matt
Old 11-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member

It's all about the location. Time is kinda secondary but all the time in the world is useless if you don't have a place to do the work. Hey, if a place is determined I can come out sunday and help.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dajabr
It's all about the location. Time is kinda secondary but all the time in the world is useless if you don't have a place to do the work. Hey, if a place is determined I can come out sunday and help.
Yea im workin on the location....my buddy(whose house where I usually do work at is going out of town). so it doesn tlook good :pat:

sorry guys

Matt
Old 11-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Contributing Member

Just got a new gig starting either friday or monday. If you guys come up with a place for sunday I can come out.