California NorCal California NorCal Chapter

Hey guys lets meet up

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stockwell45
Its awesome someone here actually knows where sonora is lol. do you ever come back up?
PMed you. And yeah I go back all the time...just playing baseball here in stockton.

Aaron's runner used to be really nice. Back in high school I sold him some electronics for his elocker, and am now just reinstalling everything i sold him lol. Matter of fact I just posted a thread about it in the 3rd gen section.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
So today i saw on the NorCal TTORA board that the TacomaWorld guys are setting up a big snow run for May 1st. Don't think they've decided on a location yet, but sounds like it might be fun.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by highonpottery
So today i saw on the NorCal TTORA board that the TacomaWorld guys are setting up a big snow run for May 1st. Don't think they've decided on a location yet, but sounds like it might be fun.
I'll keep it in mind. would be cool to do a snow run.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Yeah I saw that, looks fun. As long as I dont flop again lol
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey just saw this. im an hr away from sac
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
well we have been talking about meeting up for some time now. At some point it may really happen, lol
Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Ok guys I am in need of a junk yard run anyone game to go with????
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 AM

hey guys i just stumbled apon this thread.

I just moved to Cool and bought a new project 1st gen.

I am always down to wheel or wrench on stuff. let me know next time you are planning something.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Hey NorCal guys, since the Squaw Ridge trip is not going to happen this year due to Forestry Service/Environmentalist BS....lets talk about getting an alternate, or several alternate trails/trips for us to get together and start wheeling again, YotaTech style!

So far, in the 3rd Annual Squaw Ridge planning trip some people have suggested a number of alternatives since our "home trail" is closed for the year. Since a lot of stuff in the El Dorado NF has been closed this year, some of the alternate areas mentioned are: Tahoe NF, Mendocino NF, Plumas NF, etc.

Many of you already may know of some kick-ass places to go, so let us know! Ideally, as we look for alternates, we would like to come up with a route that is comparable to the Squaw Ridge trip in a sense that it allows 1-2+ days of fun adventure that has a good mix of trail running and mild rock crawling. If we can, and since many of use YT people are not hardcore and still rock the IFS, we'd hope to find trails that are either stock-friendly, or a nice challenge (w/o causing damage) for those of us without built rigs (yet ) since we all have to start somewhere.

If you guys have any plans to go on some quick trips and want some company, don't forget to keep us all posted on stuff like this even if it's last minute - there's ALWAYS someone here on YT itching to go wheeling!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM

During the weekend of 7/19-7/22, I'm supposed to be up in Tahoe NF, camping at the Lake Valley Res. with some family and friends. Since the trails in the Eagle Lakes/Fordyce area are right there up the highway, I was planning to at least get out one day and have some fun, maybe have some lunch and find a spot to crawl with my RC Scaler. Most likely I will be bringing my stock 100-series Land Cruiser that only has the running boards removed and 33s, so I'll be sticking to the easy stuff and most likely will only hit up Eagle Lakes trail and Pierce OHV Loop. If anyone wants to join in, hit me up and maybe we can make actual plans instead of me just planning to go out there "sometime".
Old 07-09-2012, 01:13 PM

During the weekend of 7/19-7/22, I'm supposed to be up in Tahoe NF, camping at the Lake Valley Res. with some family and friends. Since the trails in the Eagle Lakes/Fordyce area are right there up the highway, I was planning to at least get out one day and have some fun, maybe have some lunch and find a spot to crawl with my RC Scaler. Most likely I will be bringing my stock 100-series Land Cruiser that only has the running boards removed and 33s, so I'll be sticking to the easy stuff and most likely will only hit up Eagle Lakes trail and Pierce OHV Loop. If anyone wants to join in, hit me up and maybe we can make actual plans instead of me just planning to go out there "sometime".
I am going up fordyce this weekend so next weekend i prob cant.

as for how far you can go, last time we went up there on a work day there was a older gentleman in a completely stock fjcruiser that still had temp reg on it all the way up at eagle lake so i am pretty sure you could make it to there if you wanted to.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM

yeah, i'm pretty sure i can make it to Eagle Lakes no problem, that's why I'm gonna just try it out and see for myself since I've never wheeled the Hundy in that area. if a stock 4runner can do it, the Cruiser can as well since they have very similar belly height and wheelbase. last time I was out there 2years ago it was questionable that my Cruiser could make it up the bypass for Driveshaft Hill because it was so rutted from winter runoff and people taking the bypass, but from recent pics the bypass looks like an actual bypass now, lol. i know a stock rig can make it to the first water crossing on Fordyce, because I've done it on accident in a tacoma - but I wouldn't do it again unless you don't care about damaging something.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM

yeah, i'm pretty sure i can make it to Eagle Lakes no problem, that's why I'm gonna just try it out and see for myself since I've never wheeled the Hundy in that area. if a stock 4runner can do it, the Cruiser can as well since they have very similar belly height and wheelbase. last time I was out there 2years ago it was questionable that my Cruiser could make it up the bypass for Driveshaft Hill because it was so rutted from winter runoff and people taking the bypass, but from recent pics the bypass looks like an actual bypass now, lol. i know a stock rig can make it to the first water crossing on Fordyce, because I've done it on accident in a tacoma - but I wouldn't do it again unless you don't care about damaging something.
yeah you will be fine on the bypass for drive line it is pretty flat. the part i think you would run into going to the water crossing would be the section right before the water, that down hill then back up wet would take some serious work in a stock rig.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM

What about a trip out to the Gold Lake/Snake Lake/Sardine Lake area? Looks like it could be fun. Might be a little much for those who don't have at least one locker.

There is A LOT of other close-by trails, like Little Deer Lake and Gold Valley OHV
Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM

Honestly, I just wanna get out into some trails I haven't seen before, hard or easy. As long as it isn't the first weekend in August, I can probably make it. Looking forward to another fun wheeling trip, we got a pretty cool crew here in norcal
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
yeah. I need to get another rig. but everyone on CL is selling some beater ass vehicles. I called like 3-4 people the other day with locked 80s and NONE called me back.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Hey highonpottery, are you talking about wheelin right there off of 80/20, thats about a 40 min drive from home so i'd be down to go with you, depending on what time I can get off work
Old 07-12-2012, 09:08 AM

yeah, right there at the Eagle Lakes exit which is pretty close to Hwy 20. Just off EL exit are several trails: Fordyce, Eagle Lakes, Pierce OHV, Signal Peak (the difficult route). i don't really have any plans, just planning to get away from camp for a while during the 3 days i'll be up there - most likely saturday though.

maybe since you live in Tahoe, have you explored some areas that aren't well documented?

Last edited by highonpottery; 07-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM

I actually have not, all my buddies are mud and not big into start finish trails, I've always wanted to head towards the con from the west shore entrance and go play around there but I'm not familiar with it at all
Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 AM

I'm going up to Gold Lake / Snake Lake this weekend with some other friends. There are supposed to be some mild and semi-mild trails up there.

I can report back and let you guys know what it's like. I hear there are a number of trails up that way, with camping, etc.

Quick Reply: Hey guys lets meet up