Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Steadfast motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bet they just drove down some roads in town, looked for a really nice, old SUV and found that 4Runner, and waited till the owner came out and asked if they could take a pic of the inside. Show me a 1st/2nd gen toyota that has no rust underneath or on the body. there is always rust visible underneath.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to know where I can buy a life.

I also want to thank the subcontracted employee of the above mentioned company for coming to this site and insulting us. Good, quality customer service there.

I didn't know that they paid car delivery boys enough to care about the reputation of the company they deliver for. Especially sub contracted ones. Learn something new every day.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I deal with a company, I love it when they treat me like crap. Really makes me want to come back.

I couldn't care less about the cars, as this post is over 6mos old, the OP has been banned, and aside from the OP and the delivery boy, no one else cares about this company..

Last edited by AxleIke; 01-17-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bouncytig1
if you go back and look at the whole ad, not just the one pic. ad, that statement about leather interior is no where to be found. i am sub contracted out to do their driving part time. (whenever they go to the auctions) are ya sure your looking at the correct ads there and not just popping in pics from below with other car pics thinking its the same thing? cuz we have i dont know how many 4 runners!!
Scroll back up to post #4. You will see the info you require.

And how the hell is that an "Excellent interior" condition? Even leaving the leather portion out, that interior is used up. The carpet is stained bad, and the seats are tattered.

Sorry man, but saying "Must be the wrong pics" just wont cut it. i dont trust any car lot in the first place, but you guys give them all a really bad name.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am local to this business and can tell you a few details:

1. The cars pictured are actually theirs. They do not go around snapping pics of random cars and SUV's. A Carfax will not reveal this because Dealerships never actually "own" a vehicle. They are technically just "holding" it while in transit between registered owners.

2. They have been accused a number of times on Craigslist and elsewhere for shady practices. Bait and switch and specifically running adds for cars which are no longer in their inventory and then trying to shuffle them into another one.

3. They sell a lot of cars and get sloppy in their descriptions, re-using old listings form similar vehicles, sometimes without correcting for differentiating details (ie leather/cloth, auto/manual etc)

4. A personal story from an acquaintance that happened about three weeks ago: he had seen an add of theirs for a 1998 BMW 740il, loaded with navigation etc etc. Very nice photos and description. He calls the guys and they say it's nice, has 136k miles and it sounds good. SO he drives about 2 hours to see this thing and the guys at first "cant find it". Then they finally do and they cant get it started.....after about an hour the car is finally running...takes a look under the hood...low fluids....coolant almost empty, etc. Lord knows why, but for some reason he decides to go ahead with the sale (I guess the price was haggled down). He is all set to sign the papers, has the title for his truck on the counter as a trade-in and asks the actuall odometer reading for the paperwork......it was 189K MILES! (they NEVER list the miles in the listings unless they are low!). So, upon discovering that the sales guy was blowing smoke up his ass about the miles, he promptly calls his wife, swipes his truck title back from the counter and returns the two hours home. 6 hours wasted and nothing to show for it. He was one pissed puppy!

5. Be careful.....
Old 02-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Exclamation I Agree, Don't Buy From Steadfast Motors!!

I don't post much, as I prefer to be quiet, but in ths case I want to applaud both the person who posted this and YotaTech for supporting the fact by leaving the info intact.

We went SUV shopping this weekend, and the above link came up in our search, when we looked up the seller through Google.com .

This, I believe is the most valuable information we could have been given.

After reading through the entire post, and taking all into account, we ran a vehicle check online ourselves, and armed with that, and a printed copy of the advertisement, along with a handy BlackBerry (gotta love the internet access) headed out to do a test drive on one of their vehicles.

The accusations posted in the link were dead on, and we were being put through the exact same game.

We gave things a bit of time, about 10 minutes to see if it was just "chance" but after the vehicle was brought around, and we saw just what was described in front of us not being what the ad said, took off, but not before taking a couple photo's w/ our Razr phone, and calling both the Better Business Bureau, and Bureau of Automotive Repair.

Steadfast Motors made a sale while we were there, to a couple down on their luck, who had no other choice, and after discretely talking to them, and ensuring they elected to buy the "Sale Cancellation Policy", went on our way, hoping things work out for them.

Steadfast has no place doing business, and the fact that they attempt to argue pointlessly in the link I provided is evidence of their failure to be respectable.

Someone who knows they're doing good wouldn't attempt such juvenile tactics.

So, in closing, STAY AWAY FROM STEADFAST MOTORS, SANTA CLARA/SAN JOSE, CA.

Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM

I wish you were there to protect us. We ended up purchasing due to late at night in the pouring rain from SteadFast Motors. Don't ask. Within a week we almost lost our lives and it will cost $6000 to get it in driving condition. We have seen an attorney and at this writing they say we have a case so I cannot comment further. JUST STAY AWAY FROM STEADFAST MOTORS.

I cannot believe all the people who have been taken by SteadFast Motors as I search the web. It is unbelievable. They even use the same wording in all their adds is what I am seeing. We were also down on our luck and needed a car fast and we paid the price for not searching on this dealer.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM

just to avoid any confusion, my screen name is in no way shape or form connected to SF motors.

Last edited by SteadFast; 02-25-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Thanks for the info! Forums like this help keep people away from scammers and fradulent people like steadfast motors.

Steadfast: You may want to contact a mod and beg your case to have your name changed. I know they hate to do it, but in this case I think they will understand.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:09 PM

I Should have come here first!!!!

I am currently having a head gasket issue with my Toyota 92 4Runner. That I coincidently purchased from SteadFast motors 8/07, so I have had it a little over 1year. I did my research on the vehicle blue booked it checked the Vin#. I saw that other 4Runner there that had the discusting interior which they tried to sell to me. They had just brought out the other truck (which I purchased) a white clean toyota 92 4Runner. If I had read the forum here about buying from them, I may not be in the predicament I am now! But I wanted to say thanks though a year + later for posting your comment. I will definately go some where else next time. I am sure they new there was a headgasket problem it just took a year for it to crumble!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM

Steadfast Motors Bait & Switch

Thanks for the head's up!
I've been SEARCHING HIGH & LOW for a first vehicle for our eldest daughter and thought their Volvo would be a fine, safe selection.
We rented a car, booked a hotel and were scheduled to head out to buy the Volvo based on the online AutoTrader ad and our phone calls to them ~ "Such nice people"...
HA!
I'm SO THANKFUL for this board!
Now, instead of being out for the trip, etc AND buying a lousy bait & switch ~ and, most importantly providing our child with a lousy first car! ~ YIKES! ~
We're only out a few long distance phone calls :-)
THANK YOU, AGAIN, for this post!
:-)
Old 07-11-2009, 01:38 PM

I was interested in buying their white honda accord wagon currently listed on their website. I'm from out of town so I had a friend drive by to look at it and he thought their was a few things a little shifty about this place... but I really like the car so I had an inspection done by a nearby mechanic...they wouldn't let the car go more than 3 miles away. Their advertisement for the car says, "The Honda does not need any mechanical or cosmetic help." Well... that's not what the mechanic said... the radiator was cracked, right side CV boot broken, left side CV boot cracked, it had an oil leak, and the timing belt needs done!!! Thank goodness I had an inspection done!!! The one thing their "steadfast" about is trying to rip you off!