Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Datin Metal Fab

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datin Metal Fab

I searched a few forums looking for reviews before ordering from this Datin Metal Fab and let me tell you, I wish I would have found some. Below, are the e-mails sent back and forth between myself and Datin. As you can tell, I was getting pretty frustrated with the way they were handling things. And also, I still haven't heard back since I told them I wanted my money refunded, nor have they answered any of my 7+ phone calls or made an attempt to return them. I am not going to tell anyone not to do business with this company. I just want you all to see what I got to deal with before deciding on a company to do business with.

April 17th - Parts were ordered

May 2nd - Me
I ordered A knuckle rebuild kit and a Replacement chromoly birfield joint on the 17th of last month. It might have been a bit of a stretch, but I was hoping to see it some time last week. I would just like to know whether it has been shipped yet or not. And if either of the items are on backorder, please let me know. The guys at Marlin decided to wait a month before they even admitted that my parts were on backorder and I really don't want to deal with that again. Thank you much! Tyler M****.

May 3rd - Datin Metal Fab
the knuckle kit did ship today and tracking was noted to the order. The birfield is on a one week wait from the manufacturer. If you choose not to wait I can refund this portion of your order.

May 3rd - Me
Well this is already starting to sound a lot like what I dealt with at Marlin. Why wasn't I made aware that parts I ordered were on backorder and that half my order is just now shipping over two weeks after I placed the order. I believe I saw somewhere on the website that your orders ship within 24 hours? And look at what I've ordered. What good is a knuckle rebuild kit with new wheel bearings when I only have one good birfield? That means disassembling a knuckle a second time to install the birf. I really need these parts, they are keeping my truck off the trails. So I don't think I have much choice but to wait unless there is a place that will have them in stock. But I would really appreciate it if something could be done about this. I made four phone calls to your business yesterday with no answer and now this. Also, can I have a better idea of when the Birfield will actually be in my possession? One week wait meaning what?

May 16th - Me
I still haven't heard anything in response to the last e-mail and have not been able to get ahold of anyone on the phone. As you can see below, I was told that the birfield was on a week wait from the manufacturer. Well it's been two weeks since I was informed of this and another two weeks since I actually ordered the birfield. What is going on? I have a knuckle rebuild kit that I can't do anything with until I get my parts. Please stop ignoring my e-mails and phone calls and let me know where my parts are. This is ridiculous customer service and I will not stand for it.

May 16th - Datin Metal Fab
I can see the response right below your email. I informed you that the manufacturer is out of stock on the birfield and I am willing to refund that portion of your order. You never responded.

May 17th - Me
Here is the e-mail that I DID send in response to you telling me that the birfield was on a "ONE WEEK WAIT," not "OUT OF STOCK":

Well this is already starting to sound a lot like what I dealt with at Marlin. Why wasn't I made aware that parts I ordered were on backorder and that half my order is just now shipping over two weeks after I placed the order. I believe I saw somewhere on the website that your orders ship within 24 hours? And look at what I've ordered. What good is a knuckle rebuild kit with new wheel bearings when I only have one good birfield? That means disassembling a knuckle a second time to install the birf. I really need these parts, they are keeping my truck off the trails. So I don't think I have much choice but to wait unless there is a place that will have them in stock. But I would really appreciate it if something could be done about this. I made four phone calls to your business yesterday with no answer and now this. Also, can I have a better idea of when the Birfield will actually be in my possession? One week wait meaning what?

You ignored this e-mail. But thank you for calling me a liar. It has been over a month now and I still can't use my truck. You have done absolutely nothing to keep me informed of where my truck parts are. Please, refund my money. I will order these parts from someone interested in returning customers.

Last edited by TM85Wheeler; 05-19-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Moved to vendor feedback
Old 05-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Waskilly for moving the thread, I didn't see the vendor feedback section.